We have a Dog Issue ("YES, we WILL talk about Bruno")

ROFL BOX

4 minutes ago, ROFL BOX said:
13 minutes ago, VRHorn said:
Should I post the demand letter, [mention=1009]ROFL BOX[/mention]?

Send me a PM, post your initials or a zip code so I might know who you are?

"I get a lot of demand letters, so could you be more specific" is quite the flex.

I'll PM tomorrow, but my expectations aren't exactly high. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I didn’t read all of that - I don’t understand all of what happened - but ROFL hooked me up on an insurance claim where the insurance company was being stingy, ended up getting a solid outcome - the process was time consuming and delays had nothing to do with him, and in the end I got my roof replaced and when the insurance company finally paid I was dating a GC so the roof got done through her. I never heard a word from him being pissed about it. In the end he helped out a ton, got nothing for it. He was old school for us, we appreciated it. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

I will go on record that this will end badly for [mention=1009]ROFL BOX[/mention]. 
There is zero accountability in his posts. Just deflection and excuses. 
This will be fucking fun. 
Apparently you missed the screenshot where BtR doesn't dispute that I paid him % for the truck AND he had issues in getting the title remade & NEVER actually did get me the title?

I didn’t read all of that - I don’t understand all of what happened - but ROFL hooked me up on an insurance claim where the insurance company was being stingy, ended up getting a solid outcome - the process was time consuming and delays had nothing to do with him, and in the end I got my roof replaced and when the insurance company finally paid I was dating a GC so the roof got done through her. I never heard a word from him being pissed about it. In the end he helped out a ton, got nothing for it. He was old school for us, we appreciated it. 
Your entire situation was a mess.

Beginnings of a divorce, new & very tricky pool installation had just been completed, your NASCAR business having ups & downs, becoming a new person (all of that discussed by you on various iterations of Shag), 2 year insurance fight & we made multiple visits to your house.

I didn't make a penny. Hell, I have no idea what the final USAA adjustment amount was.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Happened right after the financial crisis what a mess. USAA is a shit insurance company.  Ended up settling for enough to get a decent asphalt shingle roof. Divorced, sold the house 2 years later.  The rest of the story is ancient history, thankfully. 

31 minutes ago, troph said:

Happened right after the financial crisis what a mess. USAA is a shit insurance company.  Ended up settling for enough to get a decent asphalt shingle roof. Divorced, sold the house 2 years later.  The rest of the story is ancient history, thankfully. 

Their mortgage side of things is equally shit from the few times I’ve dealt with them. A lot of people choose their mortgage with them because of their insurance but their rates, service, underwriting etc generally are just not up to snuff. 

5 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Their mortgage side of things is equally shit from the few times I’ve dealt with them. A lot of people choose their mortgage with them because of their insurance but their rates, service, underwriting etc generally are just not up to snuff. 

I’m not sure why, I speculate it’s because they went from a service organization with secondary profit motives as they served only officers and their direct dependents  to a for profit company with limited customer base (albeit expanded but only to military families) making the pressure to be profitable more intense but I don’t know. Either way I’ll never do business with USAA again.  

12 hours ago, HOOKEM4 said:

I will go on record that this will end badly for @ROFL BOX

There is zero accountability in his posts. Just deflection and excuses. 

This will be fucking fun. 

I don't know; Roblbox came back and seemed to a) refute some of the more inflammatory accusations while also b) admitting he had some culpability in communication and could be at fault in some areas. 

I would think that mature adults could work out these differences with this communication re-open.

@ROFL BOX / @Born to Run - Do you need the Surly collective to act as your asynchronous, binding mediation? 

2 hours ago, troph said:

I’m not sure why, I speculate it’s because they went from a service organization with secondary profit motives as they served only officers and their direct dependents  to a for profit company with limited customer base (albeit expanded but only to military families) making the pressure to be profitable more intense but I don’t know. Either way I’ll never do business with USAA again.  

It's because of their decision to embrace an aggressive marketing campaign featuring Rob Gronkowski carrying on as though he's one of the dumbest people to ever walk the earth. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Kennythetiger said:

I was going to neg rep for charging less than fair and then using it as justification, but then I read the part about cannonballing off of the customer’s roof into the pool. Net zero rep from me. 

Yeah, I was not happy about that. If one of those stoned/drunk idiots had hit the coping instead of water, I was gonna fly back from Chicago and shoot them if they were still alive.

14 hours ago, ROFL BOX said:

Apparently you missed the screenshot where BtR doesn't dispute that I paid him emoji817.png% for the truck AND he had issues in getting the title remade & NEVER actually did get me the title?

So you still have not received the title?  If he gets you the title will you pay for all the toll charges you've run up?

5 hours ago, troph said:

In my experience, USAA sucks at the top end of their business (likely where you were).  They just aren't set up to deal with expensive houses.  They are fine on the middle to lower end.

• Hook 'Em 1

• & FYI, progress (albeit slow) is being made with Bruno.

He still is a heavy load for walking & seems much stronger than Major was (even though Bruno is thinner & weighs less than Major was @ his peak).

If i had things my way, we would have 2 dogs & not (now) 4.

17 minutes ago, ROFL BOX said:

He still is a heavy load for walking & seems much stronger than Major was (even though Bruno is thinner & weighs less than Major was @ his peak).

Do you have a pinch collar?  They make a world of difference when walking a strong and/or strong headed dog.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

That wasn't my question.  I asked if he gets you the title will you pay for all the toll charges you've rung up on the truck?

That’s kind of a shitty question.   If you paid for the truck and the guy won’t get you the title, then maybe he deserves the consequences.   If you pay for something, wouldn’t you expect to take ownership of it?  If the previous owner doesn’t do that, then any liability on that asset is still his.  Stiletto cuts both ways. 

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag
  • Like 1

Why would pay for a vehicle in full and not get the title for it? Did you pay cash on delivery? Or was there a payment plan? You don't drive off without title in the former and you don't make the final payment without the title in the latter. Sounds like some bad business decision making on both sides.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ROFL BOX said:

So, I'm not ready to say you're not without fault, but what took you so long to respond?

11 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

So, I'm not ready to say you're not without fault, but what took you so long to respond?

He is probably pretty fortunate to have a decent trail of events. And surly is a bad environment to air dirty laundry. Not much good can come from it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

That’s kind of a shitty question.   If you paid for the truck and the guy won’t get you the title, then maybe he deserves the consequences.   If you pay for something, wouldn’t you expect to take ownership of it?  If the previous owner doesn’t do that, then any liability on that asset is still his.  Stiletto cuts both ways. 

I see 2 guys acting like assholes here.  @ROFL BOX is not off the hook even if his story is accurate.  And we don't know yet if his story is accurate.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

I see 2 guys acting like assholes here.  @ROFL BOX is not off the hook even if his story is accurate.  And we don't know yet if his story is accurate.  

True,   There are always two sides of the story, and both are generally entertaining.  So stop trying to buzzkill, ya hairy bastard.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I want to see the papers the other guy talked about. I will eat crow for sure. Though I was warned never to deal with you many moons ago and I see why. You do seem like a pita. I would never be dumb enough to sell a vehicle to someone and give them the tags and the toll tag. So maybe all you contractor types are lacking in this situation?

46 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

I want to see the papers the other guy talked about. I will eat crow for sure. Though I was warned never to deal with you many moons ago and I see why. You do seem like a pita. I would never be dumb enough to sell a vehicle to someone and give them the tags and the toll tag. So maybe all you contractor types are lacking in this situation?

Very least he runs tolls and jus says “fuck it not my problem”

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Very least he runs tolls and jus says “fuck it not my problem”

Sells a vehicle and says fuck it, actually transferring the title is not my problem.  See how that works?  There are 2 people making this shitshow. Number one, don’t buy a goddamned vehicle from someone who can’t sign over the title and is too dumb to remove the plates and toll tags.  Number two, don’t sell a vehicle to someone without taking off the plates, toll tags and transferring the title.  It’s not that hard.  

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag

12 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Sells a vehicle and says fuck it, actually transferring the title is not my problem.  See how that works?  There are 2 people making this shitshow. Number one, don’t buy a goddamned vehicle from someone who can’t sign over the title and is too dumb to remove the plates and toll tags.  Number two, don’t sell a vehicle to someone without taking off the plates, toll tags and transferring the title.  It’s not that hard.  

Yes.  Never trust someone to do the right thing.  “Hey I got a great deal on a truck.  I’ll read the contract to see if tolls are covered.  Gotta run into Home Depot real quick!! Fuck walking where’s the handicap spot!!”

if he didn’t do all of the above then I’ll step back.  Is it hard to get a fucking toll tag?  Sounds like BTR trusted rofl and got burned.  Lesson learned

Maybe btr did want to remove the plates and rofl said “woah I need to use this truck now.  Can we wait?”   We don’t know of course

Edited by closetohumping

18 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Yes.  Never trust someone to do the right thing.  “Hey I got a great deal on a truck.  I’ll read the contract to see if tolls are covered.  Gotta run into Home Depot real quick!! Fuck walking where’s the handicap spot!!”

if he didn’t do all of the above then I’ll step back.  Is it hard to get a fucking toll tag?  Sounds like BTR trusted rofl and got burned.  Lesson learned

Maybe btr did want to remove the plates and rofl said “woah I need to use this truck now.  Can we wait?”   We don’t know of course

Maybe you’re a perfect person and have never done business with friends, or maybe you’ve never been hard up and made mistakes, we don’t know of course.  Shit happens, thus this whole thread, or the Chris Beard one.