Centerville TX

next2naus

Woody's is a great stop for gas and everything you may need as a half way point between Dallas and Houston. Kolaches are solid and you can always get a traditional lunch meat sandwich and chips. Jerky good too, plus clean bathrooms. The BBQ is nothing fantastic but it'll work if.your hungry. As an added bonus, it's not absurd crowded like Bucees, official home of the 40 dollar bathroom break. 

But if you expect Franklin BBQ every time you make a pitstop then keep driving I guess. 

Woody's is a great stop for gas and everything you may need as a half way point between Dallas and Houston. Kolaches are solid and you can always get a traditional lunch meat sandwich and chips. Jerky good too, plus clean bathrooms. The BBQ is nothing fantastic but it'll work if.your hungry. As an added bonus, it's not absurd crowded like Bucees, official home of the 40 dollar bathroom break. 
But if you expect Franklin BBQ every time you make a pitstop then keep driving I guess. 

There are about 6 tiers of bbq joints between the level of Franklin/craft bbq and that dog food they pass off as bbq at Woody’s.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

There are about 6 tiers of bbq joints between the level of Franklin/craft bbq and that dog food they pass off as bbq at Woody’s.

But you shouldn’t be ordering the BBQ at Woodys. Pretend it doesn’t exist.

It’s the halfway point to Dallas, has more than adequate jerky/kolaches/snacks. It’s perfectly fine as a midway pit stop on that drive.

But you shouldn’t be ordering the BBQ at Woodys. Pretend it doesn’t exist.

It’s the halfway point to Dallas, has more than adequate jerky/kolaches/snacks. It’s perfectly fine as a midway pit stop on that drive.

I’m aware. Stop there often for drinks and snacks. But the OP was asking about somewhere to eat. I just warned him not to eat there (a meal).
  • Like 1

im there twice every other weekend for kid pick up/drop off.   getcha a chopped bbq sammich loaded with pickles, jalapeños and onions a’la East Texas style.  but only from the Woody’s on the west side of 20.   

the frozen quail breast wrapped bacon cooked on your own grill ain’t half bad either.  

fuck everything else….except their fountain Big Red.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

how hard is it to hire some Latinos and tell them - make exceptional brisket, figure out your method. …. Good Brisket and sausage, people will stop. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Holy shit. My Dad used to drive FW to Houston in a 1968 Diamond T. We always stopped at the 190 mile marker and ate at the Pitt Grill. It's not there anymore, but I ate several 100 burgers and drank gallons of coffee there.

We came in one night hauling a load of raw cowhides. They smell worse than you can imagine. Going down the road at 60, it's not to bad. But when you stop... anyway we walk in and the place pretty much cleared out. But the waitress treated us like anybody else and the food was great. Dad left a $10 tip which was huge in 1974.

Edited by RPM

12 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

im there twice every other weekend for kid pick up/drop off.   getcha a chopped bbq sammich loaded with pickles, jalapeños and onions a’la East Texas style.  but only from the Woody’s on the west side of 20.   

the frozen quail breast wrapped bacon cooked on your own grill ain’t half bad either.  

fuck everything else….except their fountain Big Red.  

Important question for you. Highway 7 or 164?

Best woody's was the early '90s version, east side of 45 only, little wooden smokehouse with a counter, no bathrooms, hell, I don't even think they sold cold drinks back then.

And Texas Burger had the blue bell scoops.

• 4 weeks later...