Transfer CB Gavin Holmes

Teryor

Just now, closetojumping said:

Unless they pivot on a WR in the portal, I wouldn't expect any other transfers in to be announced until after the bowl cycle. It's not likely that they land the Syracuse safety and no one else is blowing their skirt up, I don't believe. There is plenty of gas left in the tank on the NIL front for the portal, so it's a matter of them needing to be excited about the role a guy can play for them. Holmes makes them instantly better on defense and is a potential future draft pick, so that one didn't require a lot of thought if he was interested.

Again, if Moore truly flakes, then sure, we might see something get done with a WR in the portal. I assume Kyle Parker already signed with LSU, correct?

Correct. Is there anyone in the portal that hasn't been talked about much that we should be pursuing? There are some decent WRs but we need a starter level player to hop in after bowl season. I know we'll take someone after it looking like two straight freshman classes of 2 WRs

• Hook 'Em 1

So Watts and Holmes at CB and Barron at Nickle plus ?? at safety now..

Brooks will certainly be in the rotation at corner. Have to think they will still be looking for a starter at safety in the portal, but if nothing sticks, you might be able to live with whoever works best next to Thompson out of Allen, Crawford, and Williams. That’s a group devoid of experience, but not necessarily talent.

41 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Brooks will certainly be in the rotation at corner. Have to think they will still be looking for a starter at safety in the portal, but if nothing sticks, you might be able to live with whoever works best next to Thompson out of Allen, Crawford, and Williams. That’s a group devoid of experience, but not necessarily talent.

CB - Watts

CB - Holmes 

N - Barron

S - Thompson

S - Brooks 

Athletic’s top 25

20. CB Gavin Holmes, Wake Forest

Holmes started 13 games for the Demon Deacons and produced 42 tackles, 13 pass breakups, three TFLs and one pick over the past two seasons. The Louisiana native has taken an official visit to Texas, plans to visit Penn State and also has offers from Arkansas, Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Washington, among others.