Tired of McDonald's employees?

RPM

2 hours ago, Lurch said:

And though you can only use it once a day, there’s often another 20% off offer in there too in case you decide to go back later.

Oh, and you earn rewards, often double for breakfast. I’m sitting on enough points for 6+ free quarter pounders. I emptied out 100k points earlier this year and they’re already stacking up again

Yeah, but you eat there every day.  We men of style and class can’t do that.

1 hour ago, Deej said:

You're confusing McDonald's with Whataburger. 

$1 any breakfast sandwich every single day through the app. 

McDs on Galvesto. - ordered chicken nugget happy meals for the kids. Asked for honey. She handed me honey mustard. I looked at it, said no I need plain honey not honey mustard please and handed it back. She spent a few seconds reading the label, glanced at the place they stored the honey mustard and bbq (but not the honey) and slowly handed it back to me. I gave it back and had to point out where the honey was for her 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

Say what now??  

You just have to ask.  There is a upcharge.  Of course, if you get a mouthbreather behind the counter, YMMV.

Once upon a time, 15 years ago or so, McD had a chicken biscuit thing for breakfast.  This was long enough ago that it resembled a Chik Fil A chicken filet, not some patty that they serve today.

I wanted one, but wanted a McMuffin vs the biscuit, along with cheese.

So, the hapless girl behind the counter started to take my order.  Substitute biscuit for muffin, and add cheese.  Seems simple enough.

I get my sack and leave.  Seems noticeably heavy.  Get to car, open it up, and....

Here is the order of breakfast sandwich assembly:

• McMuffin
  • cheese
  • Chicken
  • Sausage
  • Egg
  • cheese
  • hashbrown (?)
  • McMuffin

Thing is, it didn't cost me any more than what it would have been had i just ordered a chicken biscuit.

It was pretty damned good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

You just have to ask.  There is a upcharge.  Of course, if you get a mouthbreather behind the counter, YMMV.

Once upon a time, 15 years ago or so, McD had a chicken biscuit thing for breakfast.  This was long enough ago that it resembled a Chik Fil A chicken filet, not some patty that they serve today.

I wanted one, but wanted a McMuffin vs the biscuit, along with cheese.

So, the hapless girl behind the counter started to take my order.  Substitute biscuit for muffin, and add cheese.  Seems simple enough.

I get my sack and leave.  Seems noticeably heavy.  Get to car, open it up, and....

Here is the order of breakfast sandwich assembly:

• McMuffin
  • cheese
  • Chicken
  • Sausage
  • Egg
  • cheese
  • hashbrown (?)
  • McMuffin

Thing is, it didn't cost me any more than what it would have been had i just ordered a chicken biscuit.

It was pretty damned good.

Only thing she forgot is the blowjob and yet you still call her hapless.  Damn. 

• Haha 1

Serious moment. Seriously. Stop drinking regular sodas and go to the sugar free/zero sugar option. I dropped 40 pounds and did zero exercise. Zero Sugar DP tastes awesome.
We now resume regular Surly posting.

Diet drinks are terrible for people. Aspartame is poison. Most fountain drinks are sweetened with saccharine. HFCS is poison as well and should be illegal too.

If you drink them, either go with stevia/xylitol/monkfruit sweetened drinks, or go with those sweetened with cane sugar like God intended.

I typically drink only real sugar DP, Mountain Dew, or Pepsi. I mostly drink tea. Should drink more water.

I’m diabetic. Use a CGM and a HFCS drink will spike my glucose and real sugar drink barely elevated. HFCS is a fraudulent manufactured product that is legal poison. Diet drinks are bad for my kidneys and overall health. But in a year I have dropped 60 lbs and my A1C is now 6.1.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

On 12/22/2022 at 12:12 PM, RPM said:

Serious moment. Seriously. Stop drinking regular sodas and go to the sugar free/zero sugar option. I dropped 40 pounds and did zero exercise. Zero Sugar DP tastes awesome.

We now resume regular Surly posting.

Congrats on the weight loss. Be aware that Zero Sugar DP used to be Pepsi Max. It has nearly the same amount of caffeine as a small cup of coffee, and double the amount of caffeine as regular Diet Pepsi. 

• 1 month later...

Y’all can argue about artificial sweeteners in diet soda all you want, but if you fucks with my HEB sparkling water I’ll cut a bitch.  

Believe the sweetener is sucralose, I drink about 50/50 of sweetened vs unsweetened versions during the day.  I don’t know about poison, but combined with all the carbonation I fart enough complete with cows as a source of global warming…still don’t care. 

Edited by Homercles

2 hours ago, Homercles said:

Y’all can argue about artificial sweeteners in diet soda all you want, but if you fucks with my HEB sparkling water I’ll cut a bitch.  

Believe the sweetener is sucralose, I drink about 50/50 of sweetened vs unsweetened versions during the day.  I don’t know about poison, but combined with all the carbonation I fart enough complete with cows as a source of global warming…still don’t care. 

Sir, this is a McDonalds.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 12/22/2022 at 12:06 PM, RPM said:

When I was 15 I spent the summer working in Houston for the company my Dad worked for. Their yard was at 59 & 610 before 610 was finished. There was a McDonald's at Cleveland that was close and I ate breakfast there almost every day for 3 months straight. For what it cost (I think it might have been 99¢ for scrambled eggs, 2 sausage and biscuit/pancake) you got your bang for the buck, literally.

Damn RPM you must be really old, even older than my old ass.

All of the fast food places I visited in Europe over the summer had kiosks similar to those in the airport when you check your bag.  It was great.  Enter the order, get a ticket number, pick up your food.  Hell of a lot faster than ordering in a line with some kid trying to get it all down.  

9 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

All of the fast food places I visited in Europe over the summer had kiosks similar to those in the airport when you check your bag.  It was great.  Enter the order, get a ticket number, pick up your food.  Hell of a lot faster than ordering in a line with some kid trying to get it all down.  

There are fast food places in Europe?

Congrats on the weight loss. Be aware that Zero Sugar DP used to be Pepsi Max. It has nearly the same amount of caffeine as a small cup of coffee, and double the amount of caffeine as regular Diet Pepsi. 

Zero sugar Dr. Pepper used to be Pepsi Max? The fuck? Pepsi Max was rebranded as Pepsi Zero Sugar, my dude.

18 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

Every time I select the local language instead of English at the touch screen….

image.thumb.jpeg.5899df3c0a139900c9fda9a87211d849.jpeg

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Js1 said:

Don't have to talk to anyone and easier to customize shit without talking to some idiot. 

About that. 

Ordered a 1/4lber no onions on kiosk. Girl calls out “1/4lber no onions, fries and coke. 

of course full of onions. 👎

Edited by Shaddie
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Shaddie said:

About that. 

Ordered a 1/4lber no onions on kiosk. Girl calls out “1/4lber no onions, fries and coke. 

of course full of onions. 👎

Until we get robots cooking the food this will happen but currently you have 2 points of failure, the person typing in your order and the person reading it, with the kiosk/app your removing one point of failure and which should increase accuracy.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

Until we get robots cooking the food this will happen but currently you have 2 points of failure, the person typing in your order and the person reading it, with the kiosk/app your removing one point of failure and which should increase accuracy.

Whataburger, you listening here?  Fuckers....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Yarbr said:

I only order Whataburger via the app. They still fuck it up, but way less.

True but imo Whataburger’s bigger issue is they still haven't figured out how to expo online orders. Multiple times I’ll pull into curbside and checkin then see a car go through the drive thru and have their food and be driving off before they deliver mine.

Works the same way if you pickup inside too. People who order after I check in end up with their food before they bring out mine. This happens at multiple locations as well. This shows that this is a problem with their ordering system, which likely hasn’t been updated to optimize online orders, which should be a major focus for them…I hope.

Edited by TKthunder2

• 2 months later...

Hardee’s and Carl’s Jr. will pilot AI voice bots for drive-thru automation. AI vendors say increased speed and order accuracy will boost fast-food margins, but an AI test McDonald’s ran last year was 15% below the chain’s accuracy standard.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/05/04/carls-jr-hardees-to-roll-out-presto-ai-drive-thru-ordering-nationwide.html

On 2/25/2023 at 1:11 PM, TKthunder2 said:

I realize its a 3 month old post, but, IMO, there are actually no less than 4 points of failure at a fast food joint, you mentioned the first two.

the other two are

A) the person who actually MAKES your order... they can be told no onions, but if they forget, you are getting onions....  a person still has to follow the request/order 

and B) the person GIVING you the completed order.  If they grab the wrong bag, you are still getting the wrong shit even if your order was followed correctly.