NFL Week 16

shadow_operative2.0

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

NFLN dudes are fucking hating life right now. 

It is so cold out there. The wind is just awful. A shit ton of empty seats at the stadium. But, the Steelers jersey looks great with the correct font for the numbers, instead of the shitty round one they usually use. I’m glad I am not in that stadium tonight.

A Washington State QB was reviewing film with Mike Leach, and it was a play in which he threw a pick.  He asked Leach what he should have done differently, regarding his reads on that play, etc, and Leach said:

"Well, don't throw it to the other team.  The absolute worst thing you can do is throw it to the other team."

Tua should reflect on that.

17 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

No one is beating the Niners especially when Samuel gets healthy. Sample size is big enough to tell you that Purdy's not a fad, he can play. That team just has better players than anyone else in football.

Now, imagine they had not given up three first round picks to get Trey Lance. 

• Haha 1

A Washington State QB was reviewing film with Mike Leach, and it was a play in which he threw a pick.  He asked Leach what he should have done differently, regarding his reads on that play, etc, and Leach said:
"Well, don't throw it to the other team.  The absolute worst thing you can do is throw it to the other team."
Tua should reflect on that.

Dak should reflect on that as well.

13 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Mayfield is barely a top 40 QB but he’s miles ahead of Russ and costs the minimum.  Denver set themselves back a decade with that trade/contract.  Yikes 

242 million, I just heard Cowher say, with 161 million of that guaranteed.

Holy.  Smokes.

What has happened to Wilson?  I don't buy for a moment all the talk I'm seeing on twitter/elsewhere that he was overrated from the get go.  He played at a high level leading Seattle to two Super Bowls, and they absolutely should've won both.  

I've heard there's a lot of clash between him and the coaches regarding the offense,  but that doesn't explain how horrible he's been.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Augustus said:

242 million, I just heard Cowher say, with 161 million of that guaranteed.

Holy.  Smokes.

What has happened to Wilson?  I don't buy for a moment all the talk I'm seeing on twitter/elsewhere that he was overrated from the get go.  He played at a high level leading Seattle to two Super Bowls, and they absolutely should've won both.  

I've heard there's a lot of clash between him and the coaches regarding the offense,  but that doesn't explain how horrible he's been.

Pete jokes around but he’s a much better coach than he gets credit for.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I mean there are what 4 quarterbacks who were 6 feet tall or shorter that either are or will be in the Hall or Fame right? It is a tough spot to be in but yeah the Broncos never should have invested that much money and draft capital in a 34 year old sub 6 foot QB. It is only going to get worse from here as his athleticism wanes even further. Look at the Ewok in the desert he will bust out of the league long before his age 34 season.

3 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

I mean there are what 4 quarterbacks who were 6 feet tall or shorter that either are or will be in the Hall or Fame right? It is a tough spot to be in but yeah the Broncos never should have invested that much money and draft capital in a 34 year old sub 6 foot QB. It is only going to get worse from here as his athleticism wanes even further. Look at the Ewok in the desert he will bust out of the league long before his age 34 season.

I hope Michael Bay is busy producing ‘Ewok in the Desert’.  

Mayfield is barely a top 40 QB but he’s miles ahead of Russ and costs the minimum.  Denver set themselves back a decade with that trade/contract.  Yikes 
This will supplant the Herschel Walker trade as the biggest debacle in NFL history. The draft picks are one thing, but they're in salary cap hell with no easy way out.
  • Hook 'Em 1