NFL Week 16

shadow_operative2.0

This should end in a 0-0 tie. Just kidding but the offenses are pretty atrocious right now. 

NFL took the biggest beating by scheduling all those Broncos prime time games. But their ratings easily dwarf everything else on tv so it doesn’t matter. 

I’m waiting for the Pete Carroll autobiography “What I was really cooking.” That should be a fun read. At least that’s what it should be titled. 

It only took 14:20 for Chargers to get a first down.

Yikes. No running game either. 
I think Colts keep Sam. Ballard is fond of Sam and encouraged him to do all that work with House the QB guru. Irsay is keeping Ballard unless Ballard wants to leave. As for why they aren’t playing Sam the only thing I can think of is the OLine is so fucking atrocious that you really wouldn’t be able to keep him healthy? It’s bad.

Just now, tx ind said:

Combined 3 int’s, 5 first downs and less than 100 yards of offense.  This is stupid, feels like more shitty games this season, wonder if the extra game somehow is causing all these shitty games.

It’s is bad as that Cheezit bowl with TCU in it a couple of years ago. There were 9 INTs in regulation in that bowl game. At one point, Patterson out in a QB with actual “drop foot” and they called a QB run play. Dude barely made it out of bounds on what was literally the most perilous and sad scramble for yards I’ve witnessed.

2 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

8ca110668100284d4edea4892b66530f.jpg

If A&M and Iowa played each other.

Found what i was looking for. I get it was a college Bowl game but nothing will ever live up to the 2018 Cheez-it bowl.  Nothing. I hope this game tries real hard though…please read. The game was so as they put it hideously beautiful. 

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football/2018/12/27/18157269/cal-tcu-cheez-it-bowl-2018

Just now, Nicole44 said:

Oops…damn. That would be targeting. This game has it all. 

disqualification. 

That's going to be a fine. 

Just now, Zeus said:

They should call it pussy ball not football.

Two clean hits, two bullshit flags on Derwin James. 

Clean hits? Are you drunk? 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Found what i was looking for. I get it was a college Bowl game but nothing will ever live up to the 2018 Cheez-it bowl.  Nothing. I hope this game tries real hard though…please read. The game was so as they put it hideously beautiful. 

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football/2018/12/27/18157269/cal-tcu-cheez-it-bowl-2018

That summation was beautiful.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Dude, he lead with the crown of his helmet. What the fuck are you talking about?

Looking at another replay, not only did he lead with the crown of his helmet, it was also the only part of his body that made contact. Just a brutal and dangerous hit. 

The Colts thing is just hard to watch. I get tanking. But this is just bizarre. I figured they roll with Sam once he became the starter and let him play it out the last 7-8 games and see what they have there. Then back to Ryan and now Foles…I guess Irsay really wants to prove Saturday is worthy to be the coach? It’s pretty confusing. Green Bay is playing with house money in a way. I bet Aaron is gone next year (another team) and I think they know what they have in Love even though he’s almost a phantom at this point. They have in their minds their successor to Aaron so why not just let him play the year out and see if they can reach the playoffs.

This colts team is shit. They should play Foles. Sam should be glad they played Foles. He’d get murdered with that shit line and no real oc. He has tape and will get a shot next season either with colts or elsewhere. He needs a great qb coach.
  • Hook 'Em 1

This is a better Monday Night Football game.

You Oilers fans will enjoy it. I was a little boy when this game was played and I remember how excited I was that Dad let me go to the game. The Steelers entered the game unbeaten, 7-0. The Oilers won this one, 17-24. Beautiful uniforms in this one as well. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I was thinking colts brass never wanted Flows to enter the game in the hopes of possibly getting something for him in return. Even if a 6th rounder or 7th. But the line is so bad I don’t think it’s really fair to judge Foles or Ryan that matter. Sure they have likely both declined but you can’t say how badly because pretty much any Qb wouldn’t look good behind this…

Cool more fuckery.

I admit I have been completely spoiled during my lifetime as a Steelers fan but, I just don’t understand how people put up with such incompetent ownership and management. I know it took the Steelers 40 years to win their first playoff game and all but since the Joe Greene draft things have been pretty darn good. These teams that suck, for decades, are incredible.

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

I was watching it live when the broadcaster said, “doesn’t have full use of one of his feet.” It was at this point I knew I couldn’t change the channel for any reason. Lol.

There has to be one of those summations for the absolutely horrible 2008 Pitt v Oregon State Sun Bowl game that ended in a 3-0 victory for State. It was a terrible display of football. It was the lowest scoring bowl game since the 0-0 TCU v Air Force Cotton Bowl in 1959.

The game had five turnovers and 20 punts. The Village People did perform at halftime.

Pitt had Shady and Stephen’s-Howling in the backfield. Both made the NFL. They also had Baldwin, Byham and Dickerson at WR & TE and they all made the NFL, so, the offense should have scored at least one point.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Foles 13/25 with 3int’s Jeff Saturday hates Sam….   What’s with NFL’s coaches named Jeff and UT quarterbacks?

I think there is more to it than that. But holy crap what a terrible offensive performance. It did Foles no favors either. They better load up on their OLine and in free agency bc they won’t be able to keep a QB upright. 

I read that before being picked up by the Colts as a free agent in 1999 Jeff Saturday was selling supplies to electrical contractors.

And your point? He has a SB ring and was named All Pro 4 times. Lots of great players came in as UDFAs. Kurt Warner. John Randle. Warren Moon. Larry Little. NightTrain Lane. The list of draft busts is longer.

The cowboys list is long. Tony Romo. Drew Pearson. Cliff Harris. Cornell Green, among others.

Has nothing to do with Saturday being unqualified to be a head coach. All the same most of the nfl head coaches aren’t qualified either.
  • Like 1