2023 WR Deandre Moore

BurntOrangeBlooded15

Texas adds four-star wide receiver Deandre Moore Jr. to 2023 class

By MIKE "EARS TO THE GROUND" ROACH 

Steve Sarkisian and his staff prioritize explosive players on offense, and they landed one of the top wide receivers in the country today.  Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco wide receiver Deandre Moore Jr. announced his flip from Louisville to Texas. The four-star wide receiver originally committed to Oklahoma as a sophomore but decided to open his recruitment following Lincoln Riley's departure to USC. After a busy spring, the Longhorns began to surge with Moore but Louisville won out in the summer.

Texas never stopped pursuing and eventually hosted Moore on an official visit in November. Moore also officially visited Georgia and was considering the Bulldogs in his final decision. While sources felt that Moore would never ultimately end up at Louisville, but the departure of Scott Satterfield certainly helped. Moore joins a Texas wide receiver class that includes Johntay Cook and Ryan Niblett.

As a senior, Moore went for 483 yards and 8 touchdowns as part of an explosive and talented Bosco offense. Moore also played on kick and punt return while featuring in the secondary for Bosco's defense. Moore's size and speed combination makes him an ideal candidate to play on the outside in Steve Sarkisian's offense and stretch defenses vertically. This Texas class continues to hold strong with a Top 3 class nationally in the 247Sports team recruiting rankings. This comes off the heels of Sarkisian and the Texas staff signing a the No. 5 class in the 2022 cycle.

Moore joins a star-studded group that includes Arch Manning, Johntay Cook, Anthony Hill, Derek Williams and many others as Sarkisian continues to build the Texas roster coming off of an 8-4 season in 2022.

The 247Sports scouting report on Moore reads as follows:

"Moore is a two-way player and a legitimate high-major prospect nationally at receiver and safety. He has a solid frame, well muscled but isn’t stiff and is fluid in how he moves. At receiver, he has very good body control, strong hands and is excellent in jump ball situations. As a safety, he’s a smart, high IQ player with a lot of range. He’s a physical kid who is always around the ball.

"He’s a willing hitter and solid in coverage as well. He has good ball skills and ball awareness on both sides of the ball and although he prefers receiver, he might have more long term upside in the secondary. He runs well but can continue to improve athletically in both his short area quickness and long speed but has all the tools to be an impact player at the next level and has NFL upside as well."

At 6-feet, 185 pounds, Moore is ranked as the No. 16 wide receiver in the nation and No. 8 overall prospect in California, according to 247Sports.

oh no...  "he might have more long term upside in the secondary."

Spoiler

Screenshot_20221223-003017_kindlephoto-9307408.png.d05fd5be3061f0c1d0a494f0ee409a19.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, texifornia said:

St. John Bosco HC Jason Negro talks Texas signee DeAndre Moore Jr.

Joe Cook•about 1 hour

Untitled-design-2023-01-04T135207.976.pn

DeAndre Moore Jr. 

SAN ANTONIO, Texas — 2023 Texas signee DeAndre Moore Jr. played one season for the St. John Bosco Braves. According to Bosco head coach Jason Negro, the head coach of the West team at the All-American Bowl, Moore made the most out of his one year with the program.

St. John Bosco was named national champions by MaxPreps after they took home the CIF Open Division state championship thanks to contributions from the No. 101 player in the 2023 On3 Consensus.

Inside Texas caught up with Negro on Tuesday to learn more about the four-star wideout who will enroll at Texas next week.

Inside Texas: What were you able to learn about him and how he is on and off the field?

Jason Negro: First of all, I’ll talk off the field because I think that’s the most important thing. He’s a gentleman. He’s a very classy kid, very professional in his approach. Does a great job in the classroom, and he’s a very popular kid on campus. He didn’t spend a whole time with us, but he really embraced our community and became a part of the brotherhood we have at Bosco. I think a kid that is able to do that is going to be a star for a collegiate program. He understands what the overall goal is and what it’s going to take to be successful, and he bought in. I think that’s a thing Coach Sark and the rest of those guys at Texas are going to really enjoy about having him on that roster.

IT: I know going back to last spring that Texas was a school involved with him. What were some of the things that initially attracted him to Texas?

JN: I think the direction and the trajectory of the program. Coach Sark is pretty dynamic. I think they do a really good job offensively. He knows he’s going to have two pretty good quarterbacks in (Quinn) Ewers and (Arch) Manning coming in, and that’s pretty enticing for a young receiver who wants to play in a program that’s going to be highlighted offensively, especially at the receiver position. Obviously, being around a coordinator that’s as talented as Sark is going to improve his skill set for the next level.

IT: Toward the end of his recruitment, Georgia, Louisville, and Texas were interested. What do you think put Texas over the top?

JN: I do think moving to the SEC, that’s going to help with the level the play. And probably, just being able to get onto the field quickest. I think this program is on the rise. I think he wants to be a part of the rise, and ultimately potentially play for conference titles and being part of the CFP and the 12-team playoffs in 24. I think he’s obviously going to aid in that, and he’s going to add to the explosion and the type of dynamic offense that Coach Sark is going to put out there on the field.

Moore Jr. is ranked as the No. 101 overall prospect, the No. 17 wide receiver, and the No. 8 prospect in California, according to the On3 Consensus.

On3 ranks Moore Jr. as the No. 196 overall prospect, the No. 30 wide receiver, and the No. 11 prospect in California.

• Hook 'Em 2

• 4 weeks later...

Two different high schools offered Moore Jr. two extremely advantageous situations. The first was time spent at Los Alamitos High School with Five-Star Plus+ quarterback Malachi Nelson, and the second was his senior season with So-Cal powerhouse St. John Bosco.

Even with those advantages, Moore Jr. did a lot of excellent things with the ball in his hand and on defense, more than enough to be worthy of his No. 110 ranking in the On3 Consensus. His defensive clips show a want-to factor and competitiveness not always evident on the Hudl highlights, and the same is visible in his receiver film.

Moore Jr. has good speed for the position and vision when he has the ball in his hands There isn’t a ton to see when it comes to blocking, which is a must for slot receivers at Texas. Blocking technique and crisp route running should be Moore’s focuses during the early stages of his time in Austin.

https://www.on3.com/teams/texas-longhorns/news/syllabus-week-what-sydir-mitchell-deandre-moore-jr-and-malik-muhammad-need-to-work-on/

• Hook 'Em 1

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

This is a tremendous demonstration of the possibilities of NIL in a place like Austin and with a real team of professionals willing to help apply it in creative (and legitimate) ways rather than the typical loosely organized bagman network posing as NIL.  Well done.  

I can’t wait to read more.

spacer.png

Goddamn that was a great Farley sketch! Haha. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/28/2023 at 9:40 PM, Hiphopopotamos said:

From Bobby (IT)

Press release:

AUSTIN, TX (Sept. 28, 2023) – Jive Turkey, a new homestyle food truck concept from first-year Texas Longhorn Deandre Moore, has opened to the public at 1637 E. Riverside Drive in Central Austin. Austin-based organization Clark Field Creative is assisting Deandre through the process, helping to facilitate the use of Moore’s NIL (Name, Image and Likeness) money to fund the business.

Taleea Moore, Deandre’s mother, is the key culinary player at Jive Turkey, where she serves as the chef. Jive Turkey has largely been inspired by the Moore family’s cooking traditions, as well as their fondness for replacing ground beef with turkey meat in their diets. Deandre’s appreciation for incorporating leaner, healthier sources of protein into a majority of his meals began in high school during his journey toward training to be a college athlete. This mindset – coupled with his love of Taleea’s home-cooked meals – led to the menu creation at Jive Turkey, which is centered around turkey-focused, comfort-food cuisine.

Deandre Moore, an All-American and All-League honoree and freshman wide receiver on the University of Texas football team, is an avid foodie and aspiring philanthropist. Upon Deandre’s arrival in Austin from California, he knew he wanted to make a positive impact in his new home base and promote well-being among underserved neighborhoods. After noticing that most affordable food truck options in the city were beef-based, Moore decided to put his NIL money toward a food truck concept offering turkey-based meals.

He enlisted the help of his mother Taleea, a home cook who’s always dreamt of branching out into the restaurant world, and Clark Field Creative, an organization dedicated to facilitating NIL opportunities for UT college athletes. Thus, Deandre’s business concept came to life as Jive Turkey. Along with providing a higher-quality alternative to the beef-dominated food truck scene, Jive Turkey also intends to invest in several philanthropic initiatives, such as donating food to unhoused individuals.

“Growing up, I realized what a privilege it was to be able to gather around the table with my family and enjoy my mom’s warm, home-cooked meals,” said Deandre Moore. “As a newer member of the Austin community, I’m grateful to bring those same staples to Austin’s talented food truck scene, while hopefully bringing people together in the process.”

Jive Turkey currently has three menu options, priced at $15 each. Choices include the Jive Burger (a turkey burger with iceberg lettuce, tomato, red onion, cheese, ketchup, mayo and mustard), the Jive Turkey (a Thanksgiving-inspired cornbread bowl with slow-roasted turkey, mashed potatoes and mac and cheese, all of which is topped with gravy and a side of cranberry sauce) and the OJ Jive (a deep-fried turkey taco with iceberg lettuce and cheddar cheese – the meal that first inspired Deandre’s vision for Jive Turkey). Currently, specialty offerings include a nostalgic, three-flavor cup of Kool-Aid and peach Jell-O topped with whipped cream. Additional and seasonal menu items will be announced at a later date.

“Upon hearing about Deandre’s innovative idea that’s intertwined with his upbringing, we knew we had to help him bring Jive Turkey to the Austin culinary scene,” said Nick Shuley, founder of Clark Field Creative.

“Our goal is to help student-athletes make powerful business concepts a reality, especially when they’re going to impact the community in a positive way.”

The food trailer is currently open six days a week. Hours of operation are 5 p.m. to midnight on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday; 5 p.m. to 3 a.m. on Friday and Saturday; and noon to 8 p.m. on Sunday.
For more information on Jive Turkey, please visit jiveturkeyatx.com and follow along on Instagram at @jiveturkeyatx.