Christmas Loot thread

ztejas

Got a pair of Julbo sunglasses that are photochromic and used them on a ride yesterday.  Fantastic especially when riding from full sun into shadows.  My old sunglasses are relegated to driving or walking.  I do look like a massive tool in these but I’m sure I look like a tool anyway.

Edited by Hefeweizen
  • Hook 'Em 1

We were suppose to come back from Costa Rica on the 24th but got stuck in Atlanta. I purchased flights back on my own because Delta sucks. So I got a $1700 bill to pay which is nice.

But we did get back last night and I got a lot of nice stuff for my wife and kids. So I had fun watching them open their gifts while I sipped Eagle Rare, which was really nice.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

I'm super goddamn excited about it. I was expecting either that book or The Food Lab, wasn't expecting the whole kit and kaboodle. Think I'm doing pepper steak tomorrow fuck yeah.

Food lab is obvi. next to the reverse sear for steaks, the  marinade or whatever the process is called for the meat to make it super tender as described in Wok is the most achievement unlocked cooking experience I’ve experienced. Mind blowing really. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Celery Man said:

If you’re on a call with a guy who has Lego Hogsmeade behind him, he definitely wants you to ask him about Lego Hogsmeade.

"Oh... that? It's nothing, really. You probably wouldn't be interested in it."

*attempts to judge other party's interest in Lego Hogsmeade"

6 hours ago, troph said:

Food lab is obvi. next to the reverse sear for steaks, the  marinade or whatever the process is called for the meat to make it super tender as described in Wok is the most achievement unlocked cooking experience I’ve experienced. Mind blowing really. 

Spoiler

36A6F183-0170-4B77-84C9-62B681DB4E35.thumb.jpeg.e129456c6bd23d0491426104afedef66.jpeg

• Like 1

Best present a country boy and father could ask for. Oldest son told Santa he wanted a deer for Christmas(no pressure there). I was proud of him for putting in time on Saturday and Sunday(it was cold as fuck). I could tell he was feeling the Christmas blues Sunday night, when we hadn't got his present. I reminded him that Monday was technically Christmas because everyone was off. About 5 hours ago, he nailed a nice lil 5 pointer with the rifle his grandad bought him. Even more impressive was the fact that he took to the cleaning with no hesitance(I hate cleaning). Now comes the really hard part, convincing momma to let him mount the head in his room.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1