F35 Shitbird, F22 Badass and similar

Parliament

14 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

War and the threat of war will do that.

I was in Greece last month. Didn't know anything about it but there are huge tensions between Greece and Turkey. Most of the men we met and talked to were worried about being called back to the Army for the impending conflict with Turkey. It was on every news channel all day every day. Greece ordering the F35s is a direct result of the Turkey tension. The Greece military is severely out gunned by Turkey. This is their first step in addressing that. The rest of the Europe and Asia are worried about Russia, China and Norks. 

I guess we are long overdue for a global conflict. Nothing cures a recession like the machines of war.

Edited by crash_davis
  • Rage+1 1

War and the threat of war will do that.
I was in Greece last month. Didn't know anything about it but there are huge tensions between Greece and Turkey. Most of the men we met and talked to were worried about being called back to the Army for the impending conflict with Turkey. It was on every news channel all day every day. Greece ordering the F35s is a direct result of the Turkey tension. The Greece military is severely out gunned by Turkey. This is their first step in addressing that. The rest of the Europe and Asia are worried about Russia, China and Norks. 
I guess we are long overdue for a global conflict. Nothing cures a recession like the machines of war.

The Turks and the Greeks been at each other since Manzikert. Ain’t nothing new under the sun my friend.

On 7/27/2022 at 10:16 PM, Chad Fuck said:

The Turks and the Greeks been at each other since Manzikert. Ain’t nothing new under the sun my friend.

If we ever flew from Greece to Turkey, we would literally have to falsify our flight plan and file from a different origin airfield because the Turks would not let us in their airspace if they saw we took off from a Greek airfield.

9 hours ago, Parliament said:

All because of the 300 Spartans thing?  Guys let it go.

wrong movie.  try the one with brad pitt as achilles and diane kruger as helen.

4 hours ago, Parliament said:

What if we arrested the Kardashians and extradited then to Greece.  Then Greece could send them to the Turks as a peace offering.

they are armenian, not turkish.  there is a long, stupid divide between turks and armenians as well.  the countries are hostile and not do not have any official diplomatic relations.  so unless you are offering them to the turks as some sort of symbolic gesture of "hearing the lamentations of their women," you are as far off with that one as the battle of thermopylae.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I prefer the one where Sullivan Stapleton as Themistocles bangs the shit out of Eva Green as Artemisia, but I'm simple like that. 

eva green has basically perfect tits and shares my exact birthday and we both speak french.

it was meant to be.

but artemisia defected to persia.

• 3 weeks later...

That's classified.

ETA:

Israeli F-35 stealth fighters penetrated Iranian airspace on multiple occasions in the last two months, a Saudi-run news outlet reported Wednesday, as Israel stepped up its rhetoric against a nascent agreement to revive the 2015 nuclear deal between Tehran and world powers.

The unverified report in London-based Elaph said the jets successfully evaded Russian and Iranian radars during the exercises. Drones and mid-air refueling tankers were also reported to have participated in the “massive” drills.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/report-israeli-f-35s-penetrated-iranian-airspace-repeatedly-during-war-drills/

Edited by Parliament
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah that program has appeared to be a model of execution and secrecy, which is remarkable in the age of the Internet and people hanging out near Groom Lake/Plant 42.  Then again it seems to be a scaled down version of the original planform for the B2 before the dumbass, last minute requirement for low-level added complexity to the ‘tail’, so they had a lot of experience in optimizing the design already.  Smaller shape probably helps with RCS as well, the simpler sawtooth should help with low frequency returns as well. 

All the really good stuff will likely be things we won’t know about or be able to see at the reveal.  I bet it’s networked like a mix between an F35 and Global Hawk, a flying NAT server.  Certainly a newer coating requiring less maintenance.  Infrastructure in place to be optionally unmanned.  Compatible with NGAD to control drone swarms and AA buddies.  Awesome LPI radar.  That’s the stuff I want to hear about.  

When dad was AD he was stationed at Whiteman for a few years, got to go visit.  Impressive facility and fun to watch those alien shapes come in to land, and definitely a more secure-feeling environment than your standard AMC base…and not just the far side of the base where the (nuclear) weapons depot is.  Reminded me of Incirlik.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Perusing some of YouTubes this morning.  Some of those channels might be a bit sketchs buyer be warned.  Here is what I gleaned:

30k payload, vs 40k on the B2

$600M cost, compared to $1.1B (in 2021 dollars) for the B2.  Certainly that cost is gonna go up, but still.  The cost of stealth is coming down.

To that point, its stealth "paint" won't be near as finicky.  (The B2 needs to be refrigerated?).  This will allow deployment outside the US.

8 hours ago, Parliament said:

Perusing some of YouTubes this morning.  Some of those channels might be a bit sketchs buyer be warned.  Here is what I gleaned:

30k payload, vs 40k on the B2

$600M cost, compared to $1.1B (in 2021 dollars) for the B2.  Certainly that cost is gonna go up, but still.  The cost of stealth is coming down.

To that point, its stealth "paint" won't be near as finicky.  (The B2 needs to be refrigerated?).  This will allow deployment outside the US.

It’s obviously smaller, hopefully they make more because of that and one crashing due to water in a sensor isn’t a national crisis.  The MLG bogies only have two wheels due to less weight overall.  

I posted this in the airplane fanatic thread but those inlets lack the splitter/sawtooth of the Spirit, so curious how it handles the boundary layer…maybe some version of the SDI like the F35?  The whole thing looks like it’s one piece, no visible seams or other gaps like some of those Chinese prototypes they show off at air shows.  

It’ll be a flying NAT box that can also drop bombs.  Can’t wait to see what the exhaust and interior look like.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I waffle between damn that's a cool plane and damn it's weird that a plane meant to destroy our enemies is given the sort of rollout you'd see from the new iPhone.

And add to that they skipped Bs 3 through 20 just to they could use “21” because 21st Century is so tech bro!

So dumb. Is it a bomber or a marketing campaign? It’s both!

1 hour ago, Chad Fuck said:

And add to that they skipped Bs 3 through 20 just to they could use “21” because 21st Century is so tech bro!

So dumb. Is it a bomber or a marketing campaign? It’s both!

It was actually supposed to be the B 2.1, but some government typist left off the decimal point

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I waffle between damn that's a cool plane and damn it's weird that a plane meant to destroy our enemies is given the sort of rollout you'd see from the new iPhone.

I've read, but have not confirmed, that we are obligated by treaty to give Russia a measure of disclosure of any new nuclear capability.  (Kinda makes sense.)  This rollout does that, and is great marketing for our military-industrial complex.

I mean…I have plenty of disgust for the military/industrial complex and it’s blatant abuse of taxpayer funds…but the thousands of people who spent years designing, refining and agonizing over building this thing deserve a snazzy rollout to celebrate their work.  It also seems to have come in on time and on budget, which is a celebration in itself.  

There’s a great book called Skunk Works by Ben Rich (RIP) that does a great job covering development of the F-117, along with working with legendary Kelly Johnson.  It’s remarkable how far stealth has come from those days.  

1 minute ago, Homercles said:

There’s a great book called Skunk Works by Ben Rich (RIP) that does a great job covering development of the F-117, along with working with legendary Kelly Johnson.  It’s remarkable how far stealth has come from those days.  

That book is excellent! It covers the development of the U2, SR71, and F117 with some incredible primary sourced anecdotes, really fun and fascinating read. 

If you enjoyed Skunk Works, you should check out Ignition! An informal history of rocket propellants, which is the same sort of thing, but for the (arguably completely insane) rocket scientists developing the industrial processes and fuel cycles for the first few decades of American rockstry. Really interesting insight to the missile race of the cold war