What the fuck is wrong with you, Southwest Airlines?

Parliament

I will never EVER check bags when traveling for business and solo. When traveling with a team, you will be roasted to an oblivion if you do it near or around seasoned business travelers as well. That said, with the family on family vacations, there is little reward to being so spartan.

Also the lack of TUMI luggage recommendations is disappointing. You guys steered my guy zepol in the wrong direction. Has the lack of travel since COVID-19 really made us forget so much?

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/28/2022 at 12:30 PM, Zepol87 said:

Man you mofos like driving, fuck all that shit. I will drive to Austin but that is about it, I fly to Houston and SA when I have to go. I travel a shit ton for work on AA, only had 1 issue with a checked bag in the past 2 years and that was at Burbank. I don't understand how you guys have so many issues what the fuck are you doing?

How else do I get a truckload of Coors from Texarkana to Atlanta?

• Hook 'Em 3

I got the SWA message as well.  Problem is I should be landing in San Antonio right now and drinking on the Riverwalk by 2:15.   Instead, those fucks "rebooked" me on a flight leaving tomorrow morning with a Houston layover that gets me to SAT in time to sit in the airport for 3 hours before boarding my previously booked flight back to Dallas LOL.   What a fucking clown show.   They better not even think about trying to stick me with flight credit.  I want cash with interest.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Skipper said:

They better not even think about trying to stick me with flight credit.  I want cash with interest.

Watch Out Reaction GIF

29 minutes ago, kevwun said:

If you don't wear pants at all you can get by using a gallon Ziploc bag as your carry on.  People don't want to sit by you on Southwest flights as a bonus.

I wear a hospital gown and then just buy pants at my destination.

Bag checker here.  Never had an issue.  And I throw essentials like a clean shirt, toothbrush, underwear, etc, in a carry on.  I'm good for 1 night without my bags.  

This. We rarely check bags, but as long as you don’t check anything you care about losing and make sure you’ve got toiletries/change of clothes in your carry on, it’s fine.
  • Hook 'Em 3

59 minutes ago, kevwun said:

AA once offered me a $25 voucher for future travel after they had a mini version of this a few years ago.

I was sitting in First on AA many years ago, and we had one of those two-hours on the tarmac deals.  They kept my champagne glass full the entire time, served snacks, etc.   

a week or so later I got an apology letter from AA, and they added 15,000 mi to my AAdvantage account for the "inconvenience". 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I was sitting in First on AA many years ago, and we had one of those two-hours on the tarmac deals.  They kept my champagne glass full the entire time, served snacks, etc.   

a week or so later I got an apology letter from AA, and they added 15,000 mi to my AAdvantage account for the "inconvenience". 

Now you would be lucky if they gave you an extra bag of pretzels.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

In years ago do you mean pre-1995? Back when good customer service was a thing. Lulz
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, gmr548 said:

This. We rarely check bags, but as long as you don’t check anything you care about losing and make sure you’ve got toiletries/change of clothes in your carry on, it’s fine.

This is what I taught my son. It is the way. 

Edited by Apep

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

I don’t.   But I wouldn’t ruin good jeans by washing them every time either, mouthbreather.  

I wash my jeans after every time they get worn. After a few years the bottom of the legs or the crotch start to wear out. I move them to the old outside jeans section of my closet and buy new jeans. I consider them expensive in my view of what jeans should cost, but even washing them weekly they last a pretty good while. 

I don’t get people’s obsession with being dirty. I iron my T-shirt’s though, so I probably qualify as anal.

I also try and take the company plane as often as I can get away with it at this point to avoid the airports altogether.

2 hours ago, blacklab said:

Off topic posts are going to get some southwest drink coupons and some time off to use them 

I'm not a southwest frequent flyer, but how many drink coupons are we talkin'? Some drink coupons and a stay in an airport hotel should be pretty fucking helpful the next time I fly over the holidays. It makes the lost luggage issues and $1700 in extra flight expenses easier to stomach.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

I have a mid-Jan trip to Florida on SWA. Should I be worried about them finding a way to put pilots, attendants, fuel and luggage together with passengers by then?

I plan on them kissing my butt for awhile.  I’ll be disappointed I’m sure.