FIFA 23

Huckleberry

I am creating this topic only to let anyone who might have been wondering know that yes, this series still has atrocious AI that makes playing it irritating at best. My wife got it for me for Christmas because we got my son a PS5. I'll go ahead and play the World Cup as the USA and maybe a bit of a Manchester City career. Probably one season.

But I can only take so much of my defenders literally running directly away from their man the exact instant the opponent passes the ball to him. It's clearly programed to fuck you. 

There is a community called OS Sports that has a forum where guys compare the slider setting and try to get something resembling a playable game with a little bit of a simulation aspect to how the matches flow. You can go there and check their latest updates for the version of the game that you play. The sliders with the shipped version of FIFA 22 that I downloaded for free back in June were basically unplayable nonstop frustration in every single player mode. Every game was just water torture before changing the slider settings.