commerce aggy @ Texas LHN

CheesePie

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

And offensively.  He's not a great shooter.

I can live with his offensive game. He’s explosive around the rim, is a good passer and has pretty good feel. He’s been pretty bad on defense compared to what I expected. He’ll probably still go pro because the NBA seems to be all about potential nowadays.

7 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I can live with his offensive game. He’s explosive around the rim, is a good passer and has pretty good feel. He’s been pretty bad on defense compared to what I expected. He’ll probably still go pro because the NBA seems to be all about potential nowadays.

Oh, no doubt in my mind he's gone.  But I think he's a guy that would benefit from another year. 

KD was ready to make the jump...Mitchell isn't, IMO

Edited by DixonHur

14 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

He leaves a lot to be desired defensively. 

6 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Teams are going to be concerned with the shooting. 

Defense they won't care about because he's super athletic with good size and you can teach guys like that how to play team defense. But in this day a guy like him who can't shoot the 3 is a bit of a liability in the NBA. Even if his defense improves. 

12 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

It is kind of fascinating how the personality of the team seems a lot different under Terry. Suddenly we are this offensive team who gives up 50% shooting to A&M Commerce.

Yeah and it’s hard to complain much after tonight but the defense seems to be heading in the wrong direction.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Yeah and it’s hard to complain much after tonight but the defense seems to be heading in the wrong direction.

Typically not the style you want to play in the tournament as defense can be a lot more consistent game to game than hot shooting. We'll also have to see how it goes against top quality competition in conference. I'd feel better if the defense was consistent and offense built off of the defense.