Cheez-It Bowl: Oklahoma vs. Florida State

Constant

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

We have a skewed impression of OU because of whatever the fuck it was they put out there in Dallas.

Make no mistake, Texas still rolls them with Gabriel. Texas was very obviously out for blood and the OU defense simply had no chance. But they are what a lot of folks thought they’d be coming into this year - a good offense, but a step back from the Riley teams, that can’t consistently cover for a defense that remains very bad.

I don't have a skewed impression of anything. I watched them play plenty this season. They weren't a good football team and would have gone 5-7 against Texas' schedule. They fielded a decent offense and a very bad defense that managed to put together a couple of good games. 

I mean - "They are what a lot of folks thought they were" - what are you talking about? They were preseason top 10 in the AP poll. 

I don't have a skewed impression of anything. I watched them play plenty this season. They weren't a good football team and would have gone 5-7 against Texas' schedule. They fielded a decent offense and a very bad defense that managed to put together a couple of good games. 
I mean - "They are what a lot of folks thought they were" - what are you talking about? They were preseason top 10 in the AP poll. 

I think they’d have gone 5-6-1. They’d probably have tied OU.

I was referring to this site. They were ranked on name brand. A lot of posters here called them taking a significant step back.

can someone fucking explain to me why teams with less than 2 mins left in the game and the score being 3 or less of a difference, CONTINUE to kick the fucking ball into the end zone?

you give the opponent the ball at the 25 with zero fucking time taken away.    fucking kick it to the 5-10 and make them either fair catch it, or return it losing time.

every fucking team keeps kicking it into the endzone in that situation. 

4 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

A lot of posters here called them taking a significant step back.

I'm sure plenty of us (including myself) thought they were overrated to start but I seriously doubt many if any posters here legitimately believed OU would finish 6-6.

They were bad this season and have a lot to prove next year. 

My bad - 6-7*

Edited by ztejas