this Andrew Tate dickhead

Gil Bang

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Lack of college harms their future job prospects.

Does it though? I feel like wage growth for blue collar and service industry jobs has outpaced white collar wage growth. You don't have to have a college degree to earn just as much as a lot of college grads are. 

I mean... isn't this a huge part of the reason that less men are going to college? Because financially it doesn't make sense? 

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

He's black?

I dunno, he said his mom is white and his dad is black from Chicago.  Mixed-race then, though I don't really care for that term.  I guess it's up to the individual.  Obama's dad was black and his mom was white, and we all called him Black.  And he seemed fine with that.  

Or Tate could be like me, no judgement.  I play up one race of mine when it's convenient, and the other race when it serves me better.  

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Does it though? I feel like wage growth for blue collar and service industry jobs has outpaced white collar wage growth. You don't have to have a college degree to earn just as much as a lot of college grads are. 

I mean... isn't this a huge part of the reason that less men are going to college? Because financially it doesn't make sense? 

And yes, blue collar wages growths are better than white collar---especially when adjusted for student loans which need to be adjusted for massive growth in the cost of going to college.  But the trend of fewer men, and more women, attending college has been going on for now for 40 years.  Long before the student loan issue and de-masculinization debates raged in our country.  That is only a last 10 years issue.   It is hitting a big uptick though, the spread between M&F students on campuses...would be curious to see what's all behind that.  Heck, UT alone is already at 58/42 and the Tower expect it to hit 60/40 by the end of the decade.  And we're a good value college kicking out high-earning students.  But yeah, the kid studying history at Tarlton State better slay some ass while he's there because the degree-earning power and student loans won't justify the 5 years anyway.  

9 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I dunno, he said his mom is white and his dad is black from Chicago.  Mixed-race then, though I don't really care for that term.  I guess it's up to the individual.  Obama's dad was black and his mom was white, and we all called him Black.  And he seemed fine with that.  

Or Tate could be like me, no judgement.  I play up one race of mine when it's convenient, and the other race when it serves me better.  

Yeah I can see it. I honestly hadn't seen many pics or videos of him. 

1 hour ago, hornian said:

Even Rebecca Black is clowning him. Hits close to home, as my kids play Friday on the smart speaker every Friday morning. 

ToY used to do the same thing at DrillMap every Friday morning. 

Speaking of which....... *does math*..... Rebecca Black should be about 24 or so now right? Wonder what she's up to 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

ToY used to do the same thing at DrillMap every Friday morning. 

Speaking of which....... *does math*..... Rebecca Black should be about 24 or so now right? Wonder what she's up to 

I checked out her Twitter. She’s a lesbian now. Or always was, but is just out now. So no chance for you, bub. 

On 1/8/2023 at 9:47 PM, Homercles said:

Jesus that was hard to read…I know it’s The Sun but damn those embedded ads, random links and all the other bullshit lowbrow websites use to drive accidental clicks  

image.thumb.png.b8fb83a651efdddba91c6c61ed813ad0.png

no i don't want to subscribe to your newsletter and goddamn why are there so many cookie options and why is the content getting further away from me as i swipe to it

• Like 2

On 1/4/2023 at 6:09 PM, Fondren & Main said:

So, I watched a recent podcast with him on it and a roundtable with 4 other women.  He comes across as charismatic and charming, but it just makes me think he's a sociopath.

He did share a great disdain for the incel community with the women on the podcast.  I found that interesting.

He’s a sociopath. Sociopaths have disdain for everyone and in particular people who are weaker than them. Women and incels are in that box for him so it’s not too complicated. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/30/2022 at 12:43 PM, Brisketexan said:

Your last para is key: there’s a huge chunk of men who think not just that they should be able to get with, but they’re ENTITLED TO, Emily Ratsjkowski or an equivalent. These bad-at-math morons are the ones equivalent of all of the teenagers in the neighborhood Court whose entire life plan is “make $100 million playoff in the NBA.” 1 in 10,000 of you even makes it to the NBA. Emily is 1 in 10,000 as far as attractiveness. The math says that you have to be more attractive and desirable to her than 9,999 competitors.
So, the laws of math triumph, and Emily or whoever shoots them down, and they get pissed at the universe (and all women) for daring to deny them what is rightfully theirs….instead of adjusting both their expectations and their game to find a regular pretty-enough girl who enjoys their company and with whom they can have a good relationship.
I - and many of my friends - are here to tell you that if you just act like a decent human with social skills, manage to be funny, and demonstrate some ambition and promise (read: the potential to actually be successful, and not a gamer living in mom’s basement), you will have no problem outkicking your coverage.
Be a good, smart, funny dude….not a bitter misogynist with no social skills. It really isn’t that hard.

• Haha 1

I watched that Vice doc. I just don't get it. I see the appeal that some guys would have to living rich, having lots of cars, beautiful women... but the guy is just a complete and utter tool. 

And anytime I see somebody showing off wealth like that, I just automatically assume it's either fraudulent or crime.

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

32 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I watched that Vice doc. I just don't get it. I see the appeal that some guys would have to living rich, having lots of cars, beautiful women... but the guy is just a complete and utter tool. 

And anytime I see somebody showing off wealth like that, I just automatically assume it's either fraudulent or crime.

I made it about 2:00 minutes. Way too cringe.

There’s just a huge population of young American men that are completely broken.

• Rage+1 2

3 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

There’s just a huge population of young American men that are completely broken.

Watching that video, this psychological epidemic isn’t limited to American males…looked like the message resonated amongst a number of Asian men as well. That’s less surprising to me though given the gender numbers in places like China. 

It is certainly tragic that a guy like this who just talks louder and bulldozes everyone with rapid fire nonsensical words can realize any notariety at all in this day and age but never underestimate the incel population. 

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

32 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Tate is one of the most popular influencers among the 13-18 year old boys crowd. He's repackaging much of the same grievances from gamergate and jordan petersens rhetoric, which will forever be alluring to young and frustrated men

46 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Tate is one of the most popular influencers among the 13-18 year old boys crowd. He's repackaging much of the same grievances from gamergate and jordan petersens rhetoric, which will forever be alluring to young and frustrated men

That video showed a bunch of grown adults who paid $5,000 each to go hang with him in Romania. Are 13 year olds subscribing to "Hustler University" via credit card? 

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

We have a crisis of young men.  Both because society is failing them and failing to provide healthy direction AND because shitbags like Tate are filling that void with poison.

Don't give young men a satisfactory path forward?  Tate will give them an alternate path.  Which is very, very bad for society.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

Should we blame their own fathers too?  (Not a loaded question.)

To a degree.  As I said, society is failing our young men all the way around (our education system is poorly tailored for them, we have no socially approved "rites of passage" any longer, we shame instead of channel, appropriately direct, and teach to control and utilize many typical (and often hormonal) "male impulses" (sexual impulses, "violent" impulses, etc.).  Fathers can and should have a strong role, but historically, they've also had institutions to fall back on (even simple institutions like an athletic team are important in this respect).

And then clowns like Tate and Peterson come along and go to the opposite extreme.  Young males being horny and into risk-taking, whomping people, and breaking shit is no great mystery; those things have been known since the beginning of time.  The traits are neither inherently bad or good -- they just ARE.  Channeling them appropriately, having appropriate outlets, and teaching young men how to handle them in civilized society is important (and of course we've often missed the mark, both broadly and locally).  But the messaging of "women are bitches to be used by you" is fucking counter-productive.  Obviously, it's wildly misogynist and de-humanizes women.  But it ALSO sets young men up for failure -- unless you're really rich and/or good looking, AND your targets are women of no self-esteem and/or no shame, that strategy is going to fail.  Believe it or not, most women are not going to fall for a guy who says "hey, you're a bitch just to be used by me for pleasure."  It's a lousy pickup line, for the most part.

So, you make angry young men even angrier, ask them to go out and act like an angry asshole, and then when their angry assholery predictably fails to gain results, they are now doubly angry and frustrated.  Women are harmed by this.  The young men are harmed by this.  Society as a whole is poisoned by this.

A man's lot in life is not a binary choice between being an Andrew Tate caricature or being the Obama pajama boy meme.  A successful, functional male, who has a good place in society, falls pretty close to the middle of that spectrum.  But "be a decent human being, put in the work to improving yourself and living a life of self-discipline, self-respect, and respect for others" doesn't sell bullshit seminar tickets or books.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

To a degree.  As I said, society is failing our young men all the way around (our education system is poorly tailored for them, we have no socially approved "rites of passage" any longer, we shame instead of channel, appropriately direct, and teach to control and utilize many typical (and often hormonal) "male impulses" (sexual impulses, "violent" impulses, etc.). 

So the World started its slide when Cinemax stopped scrambling their signal, and Sears cancelled their underwear catalogue.  Got it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1