Alamo Bowl: Texas vs. Washington - 8pm on ESPN

Pancho

52 minutes ago, Paper_jam said:

And I agree with the poster above, it's not cool with me that team leaders just sit out the bowl game, regardless of their pro prospects. If a player is on scholarship for a season, I expect them to be available to play that full season including any bowl game (unless there is a legitimate reason such as an injury).

The Fall Semester is complete before Bowl season.  There is ZERO leverage  with regard to your point.  If a player is leaving, WGAF about losing their ride for the Spring?

Meh. It's a bowl game. I can't get too worked up over playing an upperclassman over a freshman when the starters are out. 
Now, if this happens in Tuscaloosa . . . 
Speaking of..we hung with (and should have beaten them) Bama with Bryce Young and Will Anderson, no excuse if we don't get revenge next year when they're breaking in a new QB and have some new faces on defense.

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Probably a W last night with Roschon. Definitely a win with Bijan. It sucks, but it is what is. 

Starting Keilan Robinson was a boneheaded move. He's at best a third down back. 6 carries for Brooks is inexcusable. Sark is either going to get over his pass happiness or it'll be his undoing. 

Could have been a W with just Brooks getting more carries.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, Lou Loomis said:

Maybe, but he couldn't find running room either when given the chance. His TD was technically a long handoff, but not running between the tackles.

There was far too much running between the tackles all season long, even with Bijan. Our RB crew with a little space or delay can / could do legit damage. We don’t (yet) have the OL personnel to create gaping - or even sufficient- holes up the middle. It just ain’t happening. Sark needs to do a better job applying the creativity and patience he has with the passing game to his rushing approach and play design/blocking schemes. 

Edited by Lou Loomis
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 12/29/2022 at 10:44 PM, Steelers Roll Left said:

You also need to factor in that no one gives a shit about the bowl games including many of the players

20 hours ago, jinx said:

Did you give the pregame speech? Because that seems the exact attitude of the team yesterday 

12 hours ago, Horn Dogg said:

Would we be SEC ready if we started saying we didn’t want to be there?

Yes.

2 hours ago, Paper_jam said:

This was a winnable game for Texas and I'm pretty pissed about losing.

I was strangely dispassionate about the game.  I normally am more into them, but felt like there was a bit of a letdown without Bijan and RoJo.   Washington came out hyped up and ready to play, and Texas overall did fine.   Quinn looked better.  The defense did alright considering all of the holding and the one-sided spot preference.   The WRs which have been underwhelming all season continued that streak.  I was pleasantly surprised by the Cain catch at the end and I laughed watching him run after an earlier reception.   All in all, Quinn continued to compete.  Brooks might be serviceable.  O-line still blows.  The incoming guys should shore up some of the issues and maybe by '24, we might feature a solid team with locker-room leaders.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

Same shit different week with Sark. Shows zero creativity with run game play calls and then abandons it’s in favor of throwing the deep ball

Hard to be creative when you are getting tackled in the backfield and the line is getting blown up.   I do not recall that many deep shots last night.  2 to Cain? 2 or 3 to Worthy?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Nivek said:

I was strangely dispassionate about the game.  I normally am more into them, but felt like there was a bit of a letdown without Bijan and RoJo.   Washington came out hyped up and ready to play, and Texas overall did fine.   Quinn looked better.  The defense did alright considering all of the holding and the one-sided spot preference.   The WRs which have been underwhelming all season continued that streak.  I was pleasantly surprised by the Cain catch at the end and I laughed watching him run after an earlier reception.   All in all, Quinn continued to compete.  Brooks might be serviceable.  O-line still blows.  The incoming guys should shore up some of the issues and maybe by '24, we might feature a solid team with locker-room leaders.   

giphy.gif

Great post Nivek!!

I was also expecting a sluggish game and the first half didn't disappoint.  A lot more younger players getting reps was nice to see, and was glad to see Ewers play a good 2nd half. Both safeties played good games and Brooks looks like he'll be a good CB.

While Coburn, Ojomo, and C.Jones played, I'm not sure there was they same desire to play great as there was against a team like blOU.  Texas at times looked flat and just going through the motions -- college kids just enjoying the bowl experience.  

I'm really hoping Arch's desire to be great and strong work ethic rubs off on this team for the 2023 season.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ousux said:
17 hours ago, Lou Loomis said:

Maybe, but he couldn't find running room either when given the chance. His TD was technically a long handoff, but not running between the tackles.

He had 2 TDS in 8 touches. full stop. 

I’m pissed because he was never given an actual chance to establish anything. If our idiot fucking coach can’t figure out that 14 carries by RBs (and K Rob barely fits that description) versus 47 (53?) pass attempts is a losing formula every time then he will never win anything.

He needs an actual OC to focus on running the offense. He gets severe tunnel vision. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I forgot to mention this...

I was sitting in one of the UDub sections, and the only people in the section doing Horns down were this guy and girl sitting a couple of rows in front of me.  Then she turned around and was doing it and caught my eye.  So I yelled, "Don't do that, it makes you look lame," and flashed her the W hand sign.  She smiled like she was embarrassed and sat down and quit doing it.  

But then they kept showing Husky fans doing Horns down on the video board repeatedly, and by the end of the game, half of my section was doing it.