The Undercard: Fiesta Bowl: Michigan Vs TCU

Juicy

1 minute ago, Macklemore said:

Ed O won a national championship and got lazy. He was a better coach at LSU than he was at Ole Miss. Sark is a better coach too. We should be so lucky to have Sark get us a national championship.

But like you said, if Dykes can learn, that too applies to Sark, too, right? Ed O didn't get lazy, he went back to his mean. Also, Ed has a better overall record at bigger schools than Dykes, if only slightly, FWIW. 

I'm OK with you defending Dykes. Like I said, he did a fucking helluva job this year, as did Ed in his championship year, but more than not, coaches records are who they are. Maybe Dykes makes TCU a machine, but I just don't see it happening. 

I know college isn’t equivalent to pro sports, but no one gives a shit who wins the division.  If you go deep into the playoffs and make the WS/Super Bowl/Finals and lose you still had a shot at the prize which is more important.

Would you rather win the conference in basketball or baseball and bow out before the Final 4 or Omaha? Fuck no.

• Like 4

I think once the playoff expands you may have a point. But currently only two conference champions made the playoff so the conference championships still mean something.

No one is saying TCUs season isn’t a fantastic season. Just that if they lose to UGA I would prefer michigans season with the big ten championship.

Again probably biased by watching Ohio state win 14 championships in 20 years. And Michigan 0

16 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Hey, if you want to believe he's going to make TCU a juggernaut, have at it. History says otherwise, but you do you. 

Since 2000 (including 2022):

10-win seasons: 11

AP top-ten finishes: 7 (3 top 5)

It’s not a stretch to say TCU will be a juggernaut in the new B12. History and future say they’re not far off. They don’t have the alumni or BMD base to be top-5 in recruiting in the NIL world. But they don’t have to. With the resources and location they have, they’re well positioned to be a regular contender for B12 championships and the CFP. 
Most of the posts in this thread dismiss TCU as a cute little Cinderella. They’re not. They beat UM by punching them in the mouth. They were stronger, faster, better coached.
Yes, UM got some unfortunate calls and unfortunate breaks. But so did TCU. They had phantom roughing and PI calls that led to a UM TD, two good passes that weren’t caught, deflected, and intercepted, leading to other points. It wasn’t little ol’ TCU that resorted to trick plays to try to win, it was the big bad blue blood that realized they were outclassed.

Edited by nnm
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

I know college isn’t equivalent to pro sports, but no one gives a shit who wins the division.  If you go deep into the playoffs and make the WS/Super Bowl/Finals and lose you still had a shot at the prize which is more important.
Would you rather win the conference in basketball or baseball and bow out before the Final 4 or Omaha? Fuck no.

Had osu not choked at the end, the NC would be two teams that didn’t win their conference and the crying would be amazing.
  • Like 1

[mention=244]Juicy[/mention]
Michigan qb should not be such a douche, he’s good but don’t smirk and say stupid shit to motivate the other team

Yeah I love JJ but fuck. You can’t throw 2 pick 6s if you are going to talk shit.

Love him saying they will be back. Next years team should be even better and lots of rumblings that corum is going to come back since he can’t combine and can make more (est 1.5 mil) from being the big dog NIL than being a 5th+ round pick. He can be a 5th round pick next year and clear another mil.

29 minutes ago, tx ind said:

@Juicy

Michigan qb should not be such a douche, he’s good but don’t smirk and say stupid shit to motivate the other team

When I first saw that video, I had a pretty good feeling that the Frogs were going to win. It felt like this douchenozzle wasn't taking them seriously. It also demonstrated a lack of maturity to give the opposing team that kind of bulletin board material.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2