Orange Bowl Tennessee vs Clemson 7pm ESPN

WBT

Watching Tennessee this year was a bit frustrating. Pitt had a 10-0 lead, getting ready to score and go up, 17-0, and then Slovis tried to force one in the end zone and Tennessee made a nice INT. They scored on that possession. Right before the half Slovis got knocked out with a concussion that really hampered him until November. We lost to Tennessee in overtime. A lot of things have to go completely right for magical seasons. Tennessee came close to a magical season. They have a lot to look forward to in 2023.

2 minutes ago, DeadArmadillo said:

Is it just me? Or does it seem to everyone else that Dabo is a whiny little sanctimonious bitch?

He can certainly wear on ya. I reckon when they win it’s a lot easier to take. When they lose, it’s pretty fucking annoying.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Same here. I thought it was going to be, perhaps, the best bowl game.

Dabo and his QB had a little too much fun on South Beach.  Both of them just out of it with bone-headed decisions.  Delay of games, too many men on the field, passing into coverage, running with no timeouts, blowing 20 seconds before calling a timeout.

9 hours ago, Bullneck said:

I watched this game in some bar on Lower Greenville St. in Dallas back in 1990.  

Loved Coach Majors. I was privileged to call him a friend when he returned to Pitt in the 1990s. The first time I had to interview him I was scared to death because I loved him when I was a little boy and he coached my team to a national title, and then he left. I hated him for leaving. I told him that one day, and then followed that with, "I don't hate you now". He smiled with that Curious George look about him.

After that first interview he actually complimented me on being well prepared and said that I asked good and pertinent questions. I was on Cloud 9.

He was a good man. He was an amateur historian, a voracious reader. A lot of his summer trips involved visiting battlefields in Europe. He always had a ton of stories to tell. He knew pretty much everyone. He loved his Vols. He loved Pitt. He always called me "Brother", followed by my last name.

Edited by PittsburghTiger
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Loved Coach Majors. I was privileged to call him a friend when he returned to Pitt in the 1990s. The first time I had to interview him I was scared to death because I loved him when I was a little boy and he coached my team to a national title, and then he left. I hated him for leaving. I told him that one day, and then followed that with, "I don't hate you now". He smiled with that Curious George look about him.

After that first interview he actually complimented me on being well prepared and said that I asked good and pertinent questions. I was on Cloud 9.

He was a good man. He was an amateur historian, a voracious reader. A lot of his summer trips involved visiting battlefields in Europe. He always had a ton of stories to tell. He knew pretty much everyone. He loved his Vols. He loved Pitt. He always called me "Brother", followed by my last name.

Johnny Majors always treated the common man like gold. When he died people were calling into one of my favorite talk shows crying about it telling old stories of how nice he was to them. We have a guy who owns his own show named Tony Basilio and he has around a 4 hour interview with Majors talking and it is just awesome. I could try and find it for you if you are interested. 

• Like 1