123 members have voted

1. 1. cfp final

• asteroid
    • comet
    • tcu
    • georgia
    • aggy moral victory

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

How does them winning impact us at all? We are not even going to be in the same league for long.

Is it because their fans hate us or something? I don't hate them and I don't give a shit. We have three rivals and TCU isn't one of them.

So yeah it would be cool if they won.

goddamnit.  why is this so hard?  this is going to be a long 8 days.

BAD FOR ROACH

GOOD FOR US

• Drool 1

it's also an incredible opportunity to bet to cover depending on the line

everyone expected meatchicken to roll roach

everyone thought jort would show, but never threaten

then the late pro money came in for tosu, and it was fucking spot on

if the line creeps above 15, i would get down

SOMEONE WITH MOD POWERS FIX THE FUCKING TITLE PLEEEZ to +13.5

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I mean...

I think after today all 4 of these teams proved they were deserving. I think they also all proved that they're beatable.

TCU can absolutely beat UGA and anyone that doesn't think that is ignorant and/or not paying attention. 

I have much excite. 

We can revisit this next week. I will be shocked if the game is competitive in the second half. 

You underestimate TCU at your own peril. They are "that f'ing team" like LSU was when they won it all a few years ago. You need luck, great defense, and excellent QB play. They have all 3 in spades. I'm happy Georgia was pushed to the brink with Ohio State. It means they will tighten things up to be ready for TCU. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Oh but a major recruiting and future conference rival Georgia piling up national titles is great for us?

Well Georgia is not directly competing for most of our in-state players like TCU does. If you don't want to leave home, TCU looks like a pretty damn good option to develop you into a great football player. So yes, that's a bigger proximate issue than a team like Georgia who has had sustained success for 5 years now and is constantly near the top in recruiting.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, mdmost said:

Well Georgia is not directly competing for most of our in-state players like TCU does. If you don't want to leave home, TCU looks like a pretty damn good option to develop you into a great football player. So yes, that's a bigger proximate issue than a team like Georgia who has had sustained success for 5 years now and is constantly near the top in recruiting.

Yes they are. All the blue bloods in the SEC area are basically competing for the same studs. And unless TCU suddenly gets a few billionaire boosters to fund a big NIL program I am not all that worried about them suddenly taking all those guys.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

We can revisit this next week. I will be shocked if the game is competitive in the second half. 

It's all hearsay until the game is played. 

I wouldnt touch UGA to cover 13 if my life depended on it. 

If you're feeling good about it then throw something down. Up to you. I haven't bet on sports in a long time now. 

13 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Yes they are. All the blue bloods in the SEC area are basically competing for the same studs. And unless TCU suddenly gets a few billionaire boosters to fund a big NIL program I am not all that worried about them suddenly taking all those guys.

They had 1 Texas kid in their 2023 class. The bulk are from Florida and Georgia. But okay. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• blacklab changed the title to roach (-13.5) v. uga
1 hour ago, mdmost said:

They had 1 Texas kid in their 2023 class. The bulk are from Florida and Georgia. But okay. 

The disarray among Florida schools over the last decade or so is how Alabama and Georgia came to stack their rosters, to some degree.  It used to be one of UF, FSU, or Miami would lock down the top talent in-state, much like what Mack did for Texas.  

NIL and other shens have loosened that in-state grip some, but Miami is making noise as of late.  It's a matter of time for one of those programs to rise again.

• Hook 'Em 2

Pretty bad ass for TCU to make because I gave them  ZERO chance to not get curb stomped by Michigan. They impressed me, but again, I just think their luck runs out against UGA. But regardless, what a fucking run for that team. I hate to use transitive property, but seeing what Bama did to KSU, I just think Georgia has too many 5* killers on both offense and defense across both lines and WR/DB/S. But make no mistake, TCU will go down swinging. 

• Hook 'Em 2

TCU because college football needs to break out of the 4-5 team oligarchy that wins the CFP every year. 

I find the argument that winning the championship game (as opposed to making a great run and getting there) is going to make TCU a great recruiting power that will take all the players we want to be speculative at best. If that is the concern, it’s already too late. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Gravy Train said:

The disarray among Florida schools over the last decade or so is how Alabama and Georgia came to stack their rosters, to some degree. 

Well that and buying players on a scale not seen since the 80s at least.

• Like 1

Fuck UGA. Fuck the sec. Fuck their fan base. Fuck 2022. Fuck TCU but less than the other fucks. 

go roaches. 

also this was prob the first playoff I can remember where the games were fucking awesome and everyone showed they belonged.  Just great football 

fuck Georgia 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

Some of y’all have been listening to ESPN, and it shows. I’m expecting a one score game. If TCU held their own at the LOS against Michigan, they are capable of doing it against Georgia.

Georgia isn’t unbeatable, and they’ll be playing outside the Southeast for once. The frogs I know are treating this as a once in a lifetime sort of event… And I’m confident Max Duggen is gonna have that team revved up. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

No, seriously, fuck TCU.

Whatever hay Georgia can make against Texas based on winning this game will either be addressed by Texas stepping up or it won’t. Either way, that’s on Texas. But don’t think the media, etc. won’t use a TCU win to poke at Texas, probably to greater effect than a Georgia win would have, anyway.

Living around these front-running douches who won’t shut up even after Texas plants them next season would be just too much  

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Oh but a major recruiting and future conference rival Georgia piling up national titles is great for us?

Not great, but probably less bad than months or years of every fuckstick with a pen or Twitter account bagging on Texas in the meantime. I’d say, based on nothing but wild-assed speculation and having to live around these purple clowns, a TCU win brings far more negativity Texas’ way than does a Georgia win. 

• Hook 'Em 1