2023 Rain Thread

South Austin

2 hours ago, Hate said:

We had another 6 inches of rain this morning. I’m ready for it to stop raining. 

A6E49632-14CF-4509-A642-2DAE00C582B0.jpeg

You would think that there was a massive mountain range between Austin and Houston with the vast differences in rainfall. Austin Mabry this month has had less than one inch of rain. Houston Intercontinental has had 5.25" as of yesterday. Looks like they will have another 1-2" today. So 1" versus 6-7" in the matter of a month.

Excessive rainfall chances for North Texas Tuesday into Wednesday this week.

98ewbg.gif?1675710646510

Also a marginal chance of severe storms tomorrow fore the eastern third of the state.  The paler green indicates just thunderstorms with no severe weather likely.

day2otlk_1730.gif

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/27/2023 at 12:09 PM, Hagbard Celine said:

fuck tv weatherpeople for showing a red blob passing over my house and then i get FUCKINGNOTHING

FUCKK YOUUUUUU

I've noticed TV weather radar has "upped" the colors.  My go to for radar is Rainy Days app.  I'm not sure whose it uses, but red on tv radar is dark yellow, if that, and purple is red.  If I see purple on Rainy Days, that's when I hunker down, or stop, drop, and roll or whatever it is.

I swear to God   COA, we have had thunderstorms before 2020. 

I dont need you calling me twice ( in both english and spanish), leaving me a VM both times in both languages, and texting  yesterday and today (again twice in both languages) about storms this afternoon.

Its not a fucking Hurricane, or tidal wave coming, its a fucking storm...

• Hook 'Em 3

57 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I dont need you calling me twice ( in both english and spanish), leaving me a VM both times in both languages, and texting  yesterday and today (again twice in both languages) about storms this afternoon.

Same here. I predict it will be iffy if the line even forms, it pops up just in time to drop 0.15" of rain and is gone within 30 minutes.

31 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Lol holy fuck, now I'm getting auto calls but now in Spanish

27 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Mine sounds like the whitest gringa lady in the world trying to read Spanish.

Yeah, I'm SUPER glad I get TWO emails (English, Spanish) and now two calls (English, and absolutely Peggy Hill speaking Spanish) to tell me.....there may be bad weather tonight.

Maybe I'll get home and we'll also get a dude delivering a telegram (well, probably two telegrams)...

060202_westernunion_hmed.jpg

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

not only that... my mom who is in LA but has her texas phone still... has left me two voicemails and keeps forwarding the exact same warnings i've already gotten.  in spanish and in english.  she doesn't even speak spanish.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

10 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

not only that... my mom who is in LA but has her texas phone still... has left me two voicemails and keeps forwarding the exact same warnings i've already gotten.  in spanish and in english.  she doesn't even speak spanish.

Well this is a good way for her to learn 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

But perhaps she believes you do.  Parents always over estimate the abilities of their children.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Brisketexan said:

I just got my third call.  I liked that they mixed it up -- English telling me it was an important message, then a Spanish message.

I'm guessing that any Tagalog speakers in Travis County can just get fucked and die in the storms.

Six phone calls since last night here.  Three on the cell, three at work along with separate texts and emails to both phones.

I'm guessing CoA just hired some new up-and-comer from Scranton, PA who is looking to make a splash.

YARN | Wuphf T-shirts. Who wants one? | The Office (2005) - S07E09  WUPHF.com | Video clips by quotes | 8768b295 | 紗

• Haha 3