2023 Rain Thread

South Austin

8 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Can we get some pictures of hot Latina weather women? No, Nicole gives us that image and Troph wants to talk dicks. 

Yeah, that is what I expect from this site!

Love to all, and be safe to those in East Texas. 

Lulz. @troph and I can’t find every “hot” weather girl for you. 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

200.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Oh, I like that image she posted, but I'm not going to get into my fetish stuff right now.

For some reason y’all like this one the most (oddly enough she lives in Austin and is currently single—good luck 🤘🏼

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

What's the best weather app for an iPhone as far as "future radar" predictions go?  I have KXAN's along with some Weather Channel apps.

As luck would have it, I have to drive from Austin to Tyler and back tomorrow.  It's a shitty enough drive as it is, but it appears we are in line for another big round of hail and damaging winds later in the afternoon.  I'm probably going to come back via the most easterly route, down through Hearne and over, but I have a feeling I could still get slammed if I don't get out of Tyler by noon.  So, I'll need to be keeping an eye on the weather.

Why the hell is it that Austin ALWAYS gets these storms in the middle of the night? Never in the heat of the afternoon. Never in the evening. It's midnight when thunder shakes the hell out of the house.

10 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Why the hell is it that Austin ALWAYS gets these storms in the middle of the night? Never in the heat of the afternoon. Never in the evening. It's midnight when thunder shakes the hell out of the house.

Kids slept through somehow, praise Jeebus, but that shit was loud af.  Thanks for the reminder I need to replace my windows, storm!

2 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Kids slept through somehow, praise Jeebus, but that shit was loud af.  Thanks for the reminder I need to replace my windows, storm!

Ha! I replaced windows a little over a year ago. It was still rattling windows and the walls. Would hear the things hanging on the walls rattling with each thunderclap. My kid didn't wake up either. I sure as shit was.

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

CHIEF Jr. was in Stephenville yesterday afternoon. I texted him at 4:50 that he needs to leave town by 5:10 or wasn't going to have a windshield on the drive back. He said the temperature gradient was so vast, in such a short distance, that it created dense fog, with about 200 feet of visibility for about a half mile along the frontal boundary.  

CHIEF

1 hour ago, Wally Pryor said:

More fun tomorrow night. 

I will say that that was some weather last night but today could not be more perfect. Just unreal how gorgeous it is.

5 minutes ago, boknowstecmo said:

3+inch hail predicted around Austin area tonight, line rolling in between 6 and 8pm. 

Right when the parade for Founders Day in Dripping is supposed to start.  They haven't cancelled yet, but that will be bad news if they go and a severe storm passes through

1 hour ago, 1978horn said:

Right when the parade for Founders Day in Dripping is supposed to start.  They haven't cancelled yet, but that will be bad news if they go and a severe storm passes through

Mayfest in Ft Worth. Early May 1995. 10.000 - 15,000 people outdoors on a Friday afternoon. Softball-sized chunks of ice fell from the sky at over 100 MPH. Upwards of 75 people hospitalized. I think there were no fatalities, somehow. 

1 hour ago, Orange&White said:

Reminder: if you don't have enough garage space, throw a paddleboard or kayak or bags of mulch on top of your ride to keep it from getting pelted.

Also, yoga mats, pool floats, even a couple thick blankets (I'll break down a few of the many Amazon boxes that are always around and slip them between blankets for extra resistance) will do a pretty good job if you manage to get them tied down properly.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, RamjetFDO said:

Tonight's parade is cancelled.

343520306_209898678438176_8798476001989765546_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=fEFRfNaGP6kAX_y46Yf&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=00_AfBVHkXnb9KZfy-TjyBpwh5yHxjPU2sduISg0sal8Y5puQ&oe=64516172

Yep and  people coming out saying it was a bad decision and they should still have it.  You know cause they are selfish and want to have fun.  Yeah, we all want to have fun, but not at the risk of a kids dying from a egg side piece of hail to the dome.  There is not adequate shelter for the amount of people that go down there.  It was the right call.

I spent hours in the garage organizing and cleaning so I could get my car inside there starting Tuesday evening. I mean I can’t get mad at the time spent bc it needed to be done. So I assume tonite is the best chance for hail from this week? I don’t want hail but so far did a lot of prep work just to see a little bit of heavy rain…last night. 

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

I spent hours in the garage organizing and cleaning so I could get my car inside there starting Tuesday evening. I mean I can’t get mad at the time spent bc it needed to be done. So I assume tonite is the best chance for hail from this week? I don’t want hail but so far did a lot of prep work just to see a little bit of heavy rain…last night. 

BECAUSE you did this work, there will be no hail.

So, thank you for your sacrifice.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, zman13 said:

These storms better start putting in the work if they want to be in Austin by 5pm

1:30p: 

image.png.9797c49ffd1b4b5c8ad69c8fa93953ca.png

These are not the storms you're looking for. /obiwan

The line that is going to wreak havoc looks like it's just getting started to the north of Fredericksburg.

image.png.0fcdce20976a63fde0b2e6c0cd9f08d3.png

Edited by dieucla98
Geography is hard.
  • Haha 1