2023 Rain Thread

South Austin

5 hours ago, ftf82 said:

Looks like from google search that was actually filmed at the old Centennial liquor store next to El Patio.

Aw man, Centennial is gone now? That was my OG liquor source. Burger Tex is still there, right? It's been a few years since I walked the Drag. I should go back and hit all my old spots--Players, Sound Exchange, Quacks, Le Fun, Einsteins, the Cadeau, Tower....

• Rage+1 1

Aw man, Centennial is gone now? That was my OG liquor source. Burger Tex is still there, right? It's been a few years since I walked the Drag. I should go back and hit all my old spots--Players, Sound Exchange, Quacks, Le Fun, Einsteins, the Cadeau, Tower....

One maybe two of those are still there…

On 5/24/2023 at 5:39 PM, Paper_jam said:

Make sure you say hello to the guys at GM/Steakhouse 

2 hours ago, UnivTex34 said:

Since when does the Rio Grande flow into the highland lakes?

I read this as Belushi and Flounder in "Animal House"

"Why Rio Grande into the Highland Lakes?"

(burp), "WHY NOT???!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!"

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

Rained pretty good at the Austin FC game at Q2, the game was delayed by over an hour as thunderstorms passed through.

My son was at that match on freebie tix.  He ended up in the lounge waiting out the rain.  Nice gig if you can get it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

that was a fun 40 minutes heading down SH 130 when that storm came through.  Very heavy wind and rain.  Though some people made it more dangerous  by going 30 mph when 60 was more than slow enough

Edited by gurt