2023 Rain Thread

South Austin

23 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

The forecasts from all the different stations are all over the place, and the 5-7 day precip has us right on the edge (as fucking usual). 

My prediction is that this line comes through Austin, we get lots of thunder, 0.1" of rain and call it a day.

image.png.9bfe234a82c4f22b8caec628f86cf25b.png

Dead on at my house. Lots of lightning, thunder, and got a total of 0.18" yesterday, with about half that coming from passing showers earlier in the day. 

This city is the biggest tease on rain I've ever seen.

My truck is at a body shop in Jarrell getting hail damage repaired (for a 2nd time no less). They did most of the PDR yesterday and I was going to pick up today. Got the call today that it got hit AGAIN last night and now it needs more PDR (including the new cowl hood I had them put on it).

willem-dafoe-laugh.gif

Edited by Hmbre97
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

19 hours ago, Hmbre97 said:

My truck is at a body shop in Jarrell getting hail damage repaired (for a 2nd time no less). They did most of the PDR yesterday and I was going to pick up today. Got the call today that it got hit AGAIN last night and now it needs more PDR (including the new cowl hood I had them put on it).

willem-dafoe-laugh.gif

Maybe next time drop it off in Moore, OK

7 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

It was not supposed to rain today and yet it hasn't stopped.  Really fucked up some plans I had.

This sounds almost like a complaint about rain in the middle of a multi-year drought.

Surely this is not a complaint about rain in the middle of a multi-year drought?

Because I might have to neg-bomb a bitch for complaining about rain in the middle of a multi-year drought.

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

This sounds almost like a complaint about rain in the middle of a multi-year drought.

Surely this is not a complaint about rain in the middle of a multi-year drought?

Because I might have to neg-bomb a bitch for complaining about rain in the middle of a multi-year drought.

Oh it be

March 2022 in March of 2022:  "We're in a drought still, could be for another year.  Probably at least until after Spring Break 2023."

Biff: "When's Spring Break, 2023?  Let's see...March 11-19th?  Good, because I have something on the following Tuesday at 4:00p."  

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Fly in next Tuesday from the east coast. I look at the long range forecast. I see the forecast high is 92 and it might reach 100 just out to the west. 

Fuck right off. 

Shoulda come yesterday instead.  It barely hit 65 at my house, and the forecast high is 70 today.

Temps look like they come down into the mid-upper-70s by the end of next week, that's some nice, cool April weather. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Shoulda come yesterday instead.  It barely hit 65 at my house, and the forecast high is 70 today.

Temps look like they come down into the mid-upper-70s by the end of next week, that's some nice, cool April weather. 

Yea I saw - thank goodness. I’ll be sweating by the time I get to the rental car garage at AUS Tuesday! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

We have a day or two over 90 almost every year in April.  

What about a day that's four degrees higher than the record set 50 years ago and is in March, not April. 

Friday is when we really crank up the heat with record-shattering warmth expected. It’s a unique recipe coming together of Friday to push our temperatures 10-15 degrees higher. The warm air in place will be squeezed & compressed under the Friday afternoon sunshine ahead of a pacific cold front. That squeezing action in the atmosphere pushes temperatures higher than we would normally see. As a result, I’m forecasting 94 degrees in Austin which will beat the daily record of 90 set in 1974.

Come on man, there will be plenty of time to bitch about the Austin heat.  Now, is not that time.  This is a pretty darn decent outlook going out almost halfway through April.

image.thumb.png.9a27168608fe841ff9172741eb9802b7.png

76 degrees on Easter Sunday is pretty nice. I won't comment on the predicted rain, since I expect it will never rain in Austin again, anyway.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

TORNADO EMERGENCY for Metro Little Rock. This is a PARTICULARLY

DANGEROUS SITUATION. TAKE COVER NOW!

HAZARD...Deadly tornado.

SOURCE...Broadcast media confirmed tornado.

IMPACT...You are in a life-threatening situation. Flying debris may

be deadly to those caught without shelter. Mobile homes

will be destroyed. Considerable damage to homes,

businesses, and vehicles is likely and complete destruction

is possible.

Locations impacted include...

Little Rock, North Little Rock, Sherwood, Jacksonville, Cabot,

Maumelle, Downtown Little Rock, North Little Rock Airport, Little

Rock AFB, Beebe, Ward, Austin in Lonoke County, Argenta, Old Austin,

Burns Park, Parnell, Gravel Ridge, Morgan, Marche and Oak Grove in

Pulaski County.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

To repeat, a large, extremely dangerous, and potentially deadly

This isn't good

10 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

TORNADO EMERGENCY for Metro Little Rock. This is a PARTICULARLY

DANGEROUS SITUATION. TAKE COVER NOW!

HAZARD...Deadly tornado.

SOURCE...Broadcast media confirmed tornado.

IMPACT...You are in a life-threatening situation. Flying debris may

be deadly to those caught without shelter. Mobile homes

will be destroyed. Considerable damage to homes,

businesses, and vehicles is likely and complete destruction

is possible.

Locations impacted include...

Little Rock, North Little Rock, Sherwood, Jacksonville, Cabot,

Maumelle, Downtown Little Rock, North Little Rock Airport, Little

Rock AFB, Beebe, Ward, Austin in Lonoke County, Argenta, Old Austin,

Burns Park, Parnell, Gravel Ridge, Morgan, Marche and Oak Grove in

Pulaski County.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

To repeat, a large, extremely dangerous, and potentially deadly

This isn't good

Little Rock's tv guys appear pretty shook overall. It looks like there's gonna be a ton of damage as the tornado was on the ground across their metro area.

26 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I don't know that I've ever seen the "high" probability on those severe weather maps.

Last time I remember was that storm that rolled through here last March and dropped the Round Rock tornado. There was a small High area and we were in the bullseye.