2023 ATP/WTA thread

shadow_operative2.0

10 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Bjorklund sends Parks home packing in round 1. Unless they broke up, Shapovalov has been smashing the Swede for some time now 

I will happily cheer against Parks until she learns to play tennis. 

She is the closest thing that the WTA has to a “servebot”.

Once a ball is actually in play, she sucks ass at the game of tennis. She sprinkles just enough good shots on occasion to beat shitty players, but she has shit for brains and zero patience for playing out a point.

There are several players on the ATP & WTA tours who I actively root against and she is the latest addition to the club. 

I wonder if you would have gotten kicked out of the stands for laughing loudly at each one of her moronic decisions/ basic unforced errors that a middle school kid would be embarrassed to hit. 

But she does have a hell of a first serve, when it goes in. 

Longest match of the WTA season happened today at ATX. Almost 3 and an half hours. Incredible match. Erika won, she’s 18 (looks 12 see her in the pic below) and was pulled in after the 2 seed withdrew. Unbelievable technician. I couldn’t count more than 2-3 bad decisions the entire match and at least one of those wasn’t necessarily bad just too aggressive. Her anticipation and defense was intense. She was not the “better player” when you size them up but she played it right. Just a backboard but when she needed the shot she had it, excellent drop shot, great approach, and a fantastic drop and pass move too. But her ability to move from defense back to neutral because of her anticipation and footwork was text book tennis.

848CE222-FD35-4DBA-903F-4670A7C25E94.jpeg

DC75E58D-9BE4-443C-8650-31B4BFCD7576.jpeg

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Stearns beat Bjorklund in straight sets to make the quarterfinals. Both of Stearns opponents thus far have been lower ranked players. She'll actually play someone ranked ahead of her in the quarters. 

We don’t go back until the semis I hope she survives one round of harder comp.

Stearns beat Bjorklund in straight sets to make the quarterfinals. Both of Stearns opponents thus far have been lower ranked players. She'll actually play someone ranked ahead of her in the quarters. 
She plays katie volynets next who today came back from being down 5-0 to Ana Potapova in the third to win it. Potapova is not a good sport. She was hassling the ball girls for being too slow and got a violation for blasting a ball out of the stadium at the end of a game. Truthfully she should have had another violation for hitting the ball in frustration at the back wall but she didn't pull a Novak and hit a line judge in the neck.
  • Drool 1

6 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Volynets took out Stearns in straights, unfortunately. No shame in losing to a top 100 player that’s ranked ahead of you. I think Stearns can be top 100 by the end of the year 

Stearns didn’t start playing until well into each set. 

She walks with a confident, almost butch posture, but she seems like she doesn’t think enough yet on the court. 

She has an above average serve as well. 

She needs experience. Also, her forehand doesn’t use enough wrist flip, in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

The battle between Fritz and Paul tonight in Mexico was a wild one. Paul cramped early in the 3rd set, followed by Fritz cramping later in the 3rd set, followed by Fritz throwing up on the court. Paul ended up winning in the 3rd set breaker. 

They are each other’s closest friend on the tour. They play doubles some together, played that nation’s cup shit together, sometimes carpool.

I am sorry I missed it. Sounds like an instant classic. Dueling cramping with a side of puke is pretty fucking epic. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I’m becoming a big Kostyuk fan. Plenty of leering involved as well. 

Should be a fun day of tennis.  

My wife was all about her, but she’s into brunettes, and she’s watching me type this up and said don’t forget she has a great rack, real nice titties. True. I’m a DC fan all the way. Day matches weren’t really that great.  This evening one is looking good so far. 

• Drool 1

23 minutes ago, troph said:

My wife was all about her, but she’s into brunettes, and she’s watching me type this up and said don’t forget she has a great rack, real nice titties. True. I’m a DC fan all the way. Day matches weren’t really that great.  This evening one is looking good so far. 

I think that I basically had an interview on Monday to join an orgy group, so I am right there with your wife on respectful objectification.

Kostyuk’s ass is also…

image.gif.f34c667e8881f6fe0a5d2e9e930b756a.gif

• Haha 1

A bit of a see and be seen place. Super intimate and I’ve seen like 6-7 folks and my wife at least 2 that we haven’t seen in a while. Add some dressed up women, bougie troph approves. Definitely coming back again. 

01245DE1-4B09-4283-B718-045DDB47B4A4.jpeg

• Drool 1

2 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

De Minaur forced Paul to eat a breadstick in the final set. Demon wins Acapulco 

I would not have predicted that at all. 

1/2 Uruguayan who lives & trains in Spain, but claims to be Aussie… and that fucking weasel mustache of his… maybe a bit more rat like. 

5 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Kostyuk wins the inaugural Austin tournament. Hopefully it will be back next year

A really special tournament for Austin, I hope we keep it.

2 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

Gracheva's groundstrokes are so pretty

When she was on in the second set before her collapse she was incredible. 

On 3/5/2023 at 1:48 PM, perfectchaos007 said:

Kostyuk wins the inaugural Austin tournament. Hopefully it will be back next year

When you wrote “it”, you were thinking about Kostyuk’s ass, weren’t you?

But you left it vague enough so that you can say that you were talking about the tournament. 😎

On 3/5/2023 at 9:27 PM, troph said:

A really special tournament for Austin, I hope we keep it.

i was impressed.  everything about it was well planned and they didn't cut corners.  you couldn't tell this was the first time they'd done this.  my favorite part was how intimate it felt.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Alycia Parks is just shitting herself on Center Court in Indian Wells in absolutely spectacular fashion  

It is so endearing when a close ball is called “Out!” And she pushes like she just can’t believe she could ever hit the ball out. That pause was annoying AF when Serena would do it, but at least she won 23 singles majors, tons more other tournaments, and tons of doubles titles  But when the player is 22 and has barely won shit, it is really not endearing  

14 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Sofia v. Sloane on now. 

13 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Sloane was not real interested in that second set. 

Sofia is quite a bit thicker these days. 

Was Sloane expected to play in a bathing suit? 

D85F58C0-EC65-4E7B-85B4-A0E664AC17A0.thumb.jpeg.306708ef1dc1c2a590cb0ed4278c4fa6.jpeg

What a strange choice of promotional photos.

• Drool 1