2023 Rose Bowl - Utah vs. Penn State

satyanash

18 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Yeah, those look like twirlers or whatever. When it comes to ranking the spirit groups by attractiveness, its usually:

1. Dance/pom squad

2. Cheerleaders

3. Twirlers/flag carriers

4. Band

dance-cheer.gif

And in ranking those squads, this is probably the No. 1 seed. 

Edited by nnm
  • Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Hot take:  most aesthetically pleasing bowl game setting, from field to unis, mountains and sunset, Rose Bowl tops them all. 

Completely agree. I’ve been to Cotton, Fiesta, Peach, and Rose. RB is by far the best environment. 
(edit: I’ve also been to a whole bunch of minor bowls. Im only talking about the majors/NY6.  But FWIW, Alamo blows chunks).

Edited by nnm
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nnm said:

Completely agree. I’ve been to Cotton, Fiesta, Peach, and Rose. RB is by far the best environment. 
(edit: I’ve also been to a whole bunch of minor bowls. Im only talking about the majors/NY6.  But FWIW, Alamo blows chunks).

Yeah, but you ever get a handjob while sitting on the side of a mountain?  Sun Bowl for the win.

• Haha 4

The Rose Bowl is the “Grand-daddy” of all Bowls. Hell I wish every Super Bowl was there too.

I’ll take up the slack on the Alamo Bowl though, as it’s been one of the most attended/tv rated non-NY6 bowl game over the last 15 years. I’m “biased” as a SA resident, but most games have been very entertaining, gone down to the wire, or even had amazing come-back wins.

Yes, I saw Oregon beat us in Mack’s last game, as well as the other night’s loss to Washington, but to average over 60K in a non-NY6 Bowl speaks for itself. I saw a lot of empty seats in many bowl games over this past week.

Good job and keep it up San Antonio!

Hook’em!!!
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, msucolt45 said:

The Rose Bowl is the “Grand-daddy” of all Bowls. Hell I wish every Super Bowl was there too.

I’ll take up the slack on the Alamo Bowl though, as it’s been one of the most attended/tv rated non-NY6 bowl game over the last 15 years. I’m “biased” as a SA resident, but most games have been very entertaining, gone down to the wire, or even had amazing come-back wins.

Yes, I saw Oregon beat us in Mack’s last game, as well as the other night’s loss to Washington, but to average over 60K in a non-NY6 Bowl speaks for itself. I saw a lot of empty seats in many bowl games over this past week.

Good job and keep it up San Antonio!

Hook’em!!!

The Alamo Dome is a complete dump. Just horrifically bad. SA is good for watered down margaritas and bland Tex Mex if you’re into that. Having everything in the city shut down after the bowl game is done is a big bummer. 

I really haven't kept up with Utah that closely. But didn't JQJ leave Texas because he felt he was strictly a QB? 

That’s pretty much correct. And we already had the QB-to-RB thing covered.

He was on the wrong end of that epic North Shore Duncanville game a couple of years ago but damn if he wasn’t easily the best skill player on the field
  • Like 1