Recliner opinions

I'm nearing 50 and the decades of abuse and injuries are starting to flare up. It's difficult to get comfortable without drugs and or alcohol. 

I've been shopping around  for a recliner and was hoping for some advice on what I should look for or be wary of.

Price cap is $800

Edited by MissingInAction

$800 seems light for something that needs to be a real comfort (e.g. 50 years old and you hurt and want to relax a lot in it) versus just some dumb furniture piece you don't care too much about and might sit in every now and again in your media room or something.

Nebraska Furniture Mart is the last place I bought a recliner and prices were good. That's all I got.

• Hook 'Em 1

They’re all ugly as fuck. Who cares. I bought a comfy as shit one off Craig’s list a while back for $175. Sad dogfaced husband helped me carry it out because wife wouldn’t let him keep it. Pussy. Like I said, it was comfy as shit.

I’d try Facebook now.

2 hours ago, blacklab said:

I went to several nice places including the lazyboy store and couldn't find shit less than $2500

I went to Mega Furniture at mopac/parmer next to the old Fry's and they had several in the $500-$800 range. I'd try there if I were you.

What kinda features does a $2500 recliner have?  

On 1/11/2023 at 3:46 PM, blacklab said:

I went to several nice places including the lazyboy store and couldn't find shit less than $2500

I went to Mega Furniture at mopac/parmer next to the old Fry's and they had several in the $500-$800 range. I'd try there if I were you.

Ashley has some cheap ones too. I did the same and the cheapest one i sat in was also easily the most comfortable. $400 out the door. 

Lazy boy, WTF

On 1/11/2023 at 6:43 PM, tx 3 putt said:

Also, hard pass on a used recliner. Don’t want something someone used a personal fuck bench !  Chicks squirting all over it 

fuck that 

That's not going to be the problem. The problem is some fat, sweaty fuck spent 90 percent of his time in it. 

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Ashley has some cheap ones too. I did the same and the cheapest one i sat in was also easily the most comfortable. $400 out the door. 

Lazy boy, WTF

We had a good one from Ashley for years. Got us through rocking 2 kids to sleep every night. Finally got rid of it because it started squeaking and I couldn’t find out from where no matter what I did. Good chair though. 

On 1/2/2023 at 3:44 PM, MissingInAction said:

I'm nearing 50 and the decades of abuse and injuries are starting to flare up. It's difficult to get comfortable without drugs and or alcohol. 

I've been shopping around  for a recliner and was hoping for some advice on what I should look for or be wary of.

Price cap is $800

Maybe ask your wife.

I've never met MIA, but for some reason, I seem to recall him being pretty tall. That really limits your choices when it comes to recliners if you want head support. I'm about 6'5" and only about 10% of the recliners I tried were tall enough, and I wouldn't necessarily recommend the one I bought. It's y'all enough but not built sturdy enough for how far up the backrest the weight extends when reclined, if that makes sense.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/16/2023 at 8:55 AM, Catpfish said:

I've never met MIA, but for some reason, I seem to recall him being pretty tall. That really limits your choices when it comes to recliners if you want head support. I'm about 6'5" and only about 10% of the recliners I tried were tall enough, and I wouldn't necessarily recommend the one I bought. It's y'all enough but not built sturdy enough for how far up the backrest the weight extends when reclined, if that makes sense.

I'm around 6'3" when I'm not a slouching POS.

Great advice because part of getting comfortable is full extension (thats what she said).

I'm waiting another month so I can drop another $500 into it.

• 2 months later...
On 1/11/2023 at 3:46 PM, blacklab said:

talking about fry's is like discussing the ending of old yeller