NFL week 17 / Bills DB Damar Hamlin seriously injured, taken away via ambulance- MNF game suspended

shadow_operative2.0

9 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Chuck Hughs of the Lions died on the field back in early 70s, hoping this isn’t like that. 

Safe to say, "fuck everyone involved in that decision." (continuing to play, that is)

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

With Hamlin standing up and then keeling over I was thinking a Lane Frost broken rib to the heart.  He would have been OK if he didn’t stand up and cause the rib to move and pierce his heart.  

Really tough to watch.  Life can turn quick. 

Pull through, young man.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I’ve heard of people getting hit in chest with baseball and they have a cardiac arrest. Is that what we are dealing with?

that's what I think happened.  If you get hit hard enough at the right moment in the chest it can stop your heart.

Just now, tokamak said:

ESPN just needs to throw on a fucking classic game replay and run a ticker at the bottom of the screen. What’s the point of making the desk talk about this without knowing a damn thing 

This. Nobody wants to listen to Suzie and Booger try to fill dead air and talk about what a horrific scene we've all just seen unfold.

• Hook 'Em 5

8 minutes ago, tx ind said:

Thanks, that was scary

while that was going on the USC-tulane game showed devon walker getting CPR on the field back in 2012.  i wasn't quite paying attention and thought they were showing deion burks being worked on today.  looks like tulane and tulsa finished that game that day. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/recap/_/gameId/322520202

On 1/1/2023 at 2:28 PM, Hermanator said:

Teams in the NFC don't want Detroit to get in this thing. There's no one hotter in the conference. Amazing as it is

San Francisco says hi. Detroit lost last week and won’t make the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

This. Nobody wants to listen to Suzie and Booger try to fill dead air and talk about what a horrific scene we've all just seen unfold.

Suzie hasn't been this disturbed since Joe Namath drunkenly tried to kiss her. 

11 minutes ago, C-Man said:

They might cancel it regardless. Didn’t they call the Stars game when Rich Peverly had a heart attack on the bench?

I was at Larry Dierker's grand mal seizure game.  It was suspended until San Diego's next trip to Houston.

7 minutes ago, deadshank said:

With Hamlin standing up and then keeling over I was thinking a Lane Frost broken rib to the heart.  He would have been OK if he didn’t stand up and cause the rib to move and pierce his heart.  

Really tough to watch.  Life can turn quick. 

Pull through, young man.  

This reminded me of that moment with Lane Frost.  They look eerily similar.

• Hook 'Em 1

while that was going on the USC-tulane game showed devon walker getting CPR on the field back in 2012.  i wasn't quite paying attention and thought they were showing deion burks being worked on today.  looks like tulane and tulsa finished that game that day. 
https://www.espn.com/college-football/recap/_/gameId/322520202

Crazy after they ran the 2012 story, there was a injury about 10 min later where 2 guys collided and laid there for a few moments.

Really eerie

Players need to have their head in the game and I don't see how anyone would expect them too after a teammate and fellow NFL player is given CPR on the field. One thing is a bad knee injury, another is not knowing if a teammate and fellow player is going to make it. Prayers for him and his family.

Damn, flipped over from the OSU basketball game and saw players crying and announcers solomn as hell. The videos above are scary as hell. Even if they get work that he's alive, you can't play a game after everyone saw a guy getting CPR on the field. Can't imagine there's even a remote chance they'll get word that he's now fine after something like that, just hope he survives whatever is going on, how terrible.

• blacklab changed the title to NFL week 17 / Bills DB Damar Hamlin seriously injured, taken away via ambulance- MNF game suspended