NFL week 17 / Bills DB Damar Hamlin seriously injured, taken away via ambulance- MNF game suspended

shadow_operative2.0

If you have something different speak up. The general consensus has been, "Don't worry about breathing in, stay on chest compressions."

This is true for 1 person rescue. Don’t stop compressions to breathe when it’s just 1 person. If there’s more than 1 person, send someone to get help. Then, when there’s 2 people available rescue breaths can be performed at the recommended ratio.
  • Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, ConchoPearlNecklace said:

This is true for 1 person rescue. Don’t stop compressions to breathe when it’s just 1 person. If there’s more than 1 person, send someone to get help. Then, when there’s 2 people available rescue breaths can be performed at the recommended ratio.

I call dibs on breaths

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Dark ass movie. 

“But I knew that girl. She was a fighter. So no matter how far you think she ran... I can guarantee you she ran farther.”

I can’t think of another movie that affected me like this one. Shut it off and slept by myself that night. Didn’t want to be around anyone the next day. Watched it again a couple of years later- same thing. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

(All I know is we have waaaay more doctors on this board than I thought before tonight. You motherfuckers lurk too much.) 

Yeah but how many are legally allowed to practice?

Poe:   I have two years in medical school.

Chaney:   Two years doesn't make a doctor.

Poe:   In my third my year, a small black cloud came on campus, and I left under it.

Speed:   He's trying to say he's a hophead.

Poe:   I have a weakness for opium.

Chaney:  It's a hard habit to quit.

Poe:   Some are born to fail, others have it thrust upon them.

18 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

I can’t think of another movie that affected me like this one. Shut it off and slept by myself that night. Didn’t want to be around anyone the next day. Watched it again a couple of years later- same thing. 

It won’t embed, but the last scene was something. So many things about human nature, right and wrong, crime and punishment, honor and courage, dishonor and cowardice, that were touched on in the movie come to this point. Every time I watch it, it comes to mind for days. 

I had no idea who Taylor Sheridan was when I saw this the first time. A lot of people like a lot of his stuff, and I do, too, but I’d be surprised if he ever does anything that sticks with me like that movie sticks with me. 

• Like 1

When my mother was on her last legs she was moved to another hospital. She had a dnr and all the docs. The dr referred alm questions to the nurse and left. I asked if there were levels of a dnr, or if there were drugs to administer. The nurse told me straight. “If your mom goes into cardiac arrest, without a DNR, I will climb on top of your mother and start compressions. If there are meds to administer the only way to move them is compression. It is way tougher than anything you see on TV. If she is revived, as frail as she is, she will likely wake up with multiple rib fractures.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I have avoided this discussion here. Anything beyond this is CR.

Edit: we gonna do this?

Best thing to do is for everyone to ignore the vaccine discussion in this context. Flame away at your idiotic friends and family in a direct discussion between the cardiac risks of the vaccine vs the cardiac risks of idk….actually having Covid.

• Hook 'Em 5

https://www.myplainview.com/news/article/UT-recruit-hospitalized-after-collapse-8515878.php

Crazy that that was in 2006.

UT recruit hospitalized after collapse

Sep. 14, 2006

An Austin Westlake football player collapsed on the sideline Friday night and was taken to a hospital after being revived by paramedics.

Matt Nader, one of the state's top offensive linemen, was in stable condition at College Station Medical Center after collapsing early in the second quarter.

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, Bevo said:

https://www.myplainview.com/news/article/UT-recruit-hospitalized-after-collapse-8515878.php

Crazy that that was in 2006.

UT recruit hospitalized after collapse

Sep. 14, 2006

An Austin Westlake football player collapsed on the sideline Friday night and was taken to a hospital after being revived by paramedics.

Matt Nader, one of the state's top offensive linemen, was in stable condition at College Station Medical Center after collapsing early in the second quarter.

UT made me proud in this situation and honored his scholarship 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SHOOTER12 said:

No shit? Color me amazed. Still seems like getting air/oxygen would be super to prevent brain damage. 

The theory is the chest compressions also bring some air into the lungs. I don’t recall it was a few years back when I heard. (Military training) that we were giving too much air back when it was like 20/2 20 compressions 2 breaths or something like that. I guess as time went in the chest compressions on the rebound would Vaccume air in 

• Hook 'Em 1

The theory is the chest compressions also bring some air into the lungs. I don’t recall it was a few years back when I heard. (Military training) that we were giving too much air back when it was like 20/2 20 compressions 2 breaths or something like that. I guess as time went in the chest compressions on the rebound would Vaccume air in 

The term is Passive Insufflation.
  • Hook 'Em 5