NFL week 17 / Bills DB Damar Hamlin seriously injured, taken away via ambulance- MNF game suspended

shadow_operative2.0

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So fucking stupid and unnecessary. Either call it a draw/no contest or if someone was leading, call the game complete and apply win/loss appropriately. Then move forward as normal. 

Neutral site for the AFC Championship Game might not be the worst idea in the world. I don't see the reasoning behind adding an eighth team at the 11th hour.

7 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Get rid of the bye advantage, I guess. 

Right. The Chiefs are 13-3 and the Bills are 12-3. I honestly don't know what tie-break had KC #1 and Buffalo #2 going into the games last week -- assuming that's how it was because KC held a half-game lead as Monday night's game kicked off. (Maybe only limit the "neutral site" for games involving one -- or two -- of those three teams. In other words, if the #6 team makes it to the AFC title game against one of KC, BUF or CIN you could have the game at either of those three teams' home stadiums.)

Edited by C-Man

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

Right. The Chiefs are 13-3 and the Bills are 12-3. I honestly don't know what tie-break had KC #1 and Buffalo #2 going into the games last week -- assuming that's how it was because KC held a half-game lead as Monday night's game kicked off.

I don’t know what the other reasons might be. I mean, someone has to have the one seed, so it’s not a seeding thing. Just a bye week thing, I seems like. All I know is I feel like this conversation is draining my energy. 

Right. The Chiefs are 13-3 and the Bills are 12-3. I honestly don't know what tie-break had KC #1 and Buffalo #2 going into the games last week -- assuming that's how it was because KC held a half-game lead as Monday night's game kicked off. (Maybe only limit the "neutral site" for games involving one -- or two -- of those three teams. In other words, if the #6 team makes it to the AFC title game against one of KC, BUF or CIN you could have the game at either of those three teams' home stadiums.)

Buffalo had the head to head by beating KC earlier in the season.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 1/3/2023 at 12:48 PM, Herbie Hancock said:

My penis size is average to possibly slightly above average, so the only thing I have that actually “swings” is my credentials.  

If you have ever done what I do, then you would know that this profession has plenty of shitbags, and even good ones can have a bad moment myself included. Never said these guys were bad people, but they absolutely did not perform as well as they could or should have. I’ve already been part of two separate Teams meetings this morning (fuck you microsoft) over this and have at least one more on the menu. This did not go nearly as well as it should have. 

Doesn’t age well. Genuinely appreciate what you do tho. 

On 1/4/2023 at 12:33 AM, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Not to be a Debbie Downer but I dont think Hamlin is gonna make it, at least not without severe brain damage. Would love to be wrong. Hopefully he got high quality CPR but survival rate is pretty poor even when medical aid is quick. 

Bad call, Debbie. You got any other bad predictions? 

18 minutes ago, Bobby Layne said:

Doesn’t age well. Genuinely appreciate what you do tho. 

What doesn’t age well? None of todays happenings disprove anything I said in the post you’ve quoted. Things can not go as well as they should and a positive outcome can still be achieved. Happens every day. I made an informed observation that was later backed up by information you and nobody else on this board is privy to. Judging by your response to my post even if I were to give you that information you wouldn’t understand it anyways. But, uh, thanks?

• Like 1

On 1/4/2023 at 12:16 PM, Skipper said:

So you admit you have absolutely zero expertise, are flat out guessing and generally have no idea what you are talking about, yet previously made a declarative statement on the point.  Surly gonna Surly.

Meth's a hell of a drug...

25 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

What doesn’t age well? None of todays happenings disprove anything I said in the post you’ve quoted. Things can not go as well as they should and a positive outcome can still be achieved. Happens every day. I made an informed observation that was later backed up by information you and nobody else on this board is privy to. Judging by your response to my post even if I were to give you that information you wouldn’t understand it anyways. But, uh, thanks?

Herbie's picked his hill.  Time to die on it.

Metaphorically speaking, of course.

Guy woke up and asked who won the game. They should have finished the game instead of everyone crying like babies and racing to twitter to talk about how much they are emotionally damaged. These people are softer than baby shit and BEGGING for a crisis to clamp on to.

Edited by MachoMan
Clarification
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MachoMan said:

Guy woke up and asked who won the game. They should have finished the game instead of everyone crying like babies and racing to twitter to talk about how much they are emotionally damaged. You are all soft as baby shit.

Name definitely checks out.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Best news in a sea of shitty news today. So glad he’s awake and able to talk. Whatever road he will have to recovery he won’t be alone and he will have a ton of support to get him as close to where he was before the crisis as possible. ❤️❤️❤️ 🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼

We all let him down by not encouraging the other players to finish the game - which is what he wanted. The BEST thing anyone could have done is for his team to win that game. 

He didnt wake up and ask how many people prayed for him and posted emojis…..

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

We all let him down by not encouraging the other players to finish the game - which is what he wanted. The BEST thing anyone could have done is for his team to win that game. 
He didnt wake up and ask how many people prayed for him and posted emojis…..

You’re dumb as fuck
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So fucking stupid and unnecessary. Either call it a draw/no contest or if someone was leading, call the game complete and apply win/loss appropriately. Then move forward as normal. 

It's amazing(and frightening) that these brain dead nimrod can't make a simple common sense decision yet are in charge of a multi-billion dollar entity.

4 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Did you hear the press conference today with his doctors where they said it was a textbook response and something to the effect that it will be used as a teaching example of exactly how to respond to a situation like that?

• Hook 'Em 2

57 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Did you hear the press conference today with his doctors where they said it was a textbook response and something to the effect that it will be used as a teaching example of exactly how to respond to a situation like that?

Yeah, applicable evidence based medicine doesn’t come from anecdotal dramatic stories and press conferences. There’s definitely a circle the wagon mentality when it comes to very public cases like this. I’m not saying the initial teams did it wrong or right although the initial possibility of anoxic brain injury was concerning. We still don’t know jack. “Neurogically intact” is a nebulous term when trying to describe the whole neurological status of a person. But it doesn’t matter if the general NFL viewership knows anything.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

SIAP this is pretty great:

In New Orleans, the Saints and Pelicans have decided to ensure that the devices are available. The teams will donate 40 AEDs for the New Orleans Recreation Department and 27 for the Jefferson Parish Recreation Department.

“In light of the horrible events involving Buffalo Bills Safety Damar Hamlin, we felt it was urgent that we reach out to our local recreational facilities to determine their needs,” Saints and Pelicans owner Gayle Benson said in a release. “NFL games have the most advanced medical staff and equipment on hand, and we believe this needs to be replicated as best as possible on the youth sports level.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/05/saints-and-pelicans-donate-67-aeds-to-local-recreation-departments/

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

Guy woke up and asked who won the game. They should have finished the game instead of everyone crying like babies and racing to twitter to talk about how much they are emotionally damaged. These people are softer than baby shit and BEGGING for a crisis to clamp on to.

Roger goodell was right all along. Game should’ve resumed after their 5 minute warm up once the ambulance departed the field
  • Hook 'Em 1