K-State @ #6 Texas - 8:00 LHN

BigOrange1

It is like Kansas State brought some Steph Curry clones to the game with them.

2 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

Lack of defense and putting pressure on their shooters allows for easy shots 

Yeah as impressive their shooting is, most of their shots are uncontested.

Just now, Hook1997 said:

How did the whole defense change without Beard?  You would think they would keep practicing and getting coached the same way with the rest of staff still there.  

Yeah I don't get it but it has been this way ever since he got arrested. They were doing this against Rice that night.

Not sure why that is.

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah I don't get it but it has been this way ever since he got arrested. They were doing this against Rice that night.

Not sure why that is.

in game adjustments are why coaching matters...fucking Beard is a dumbass.

• Rage+1 1

Just now, kingkoopa6 said:

Dang. Kst def looks better than a NR team 

Fla transfer is one of the best players in the conference. We didn’t play great defense but they shot out of this world from the line, from the 3, from the field. Will probably be their best game of the year if I had to guess. 

Anyway really disappointing loss. All we have been worried about once Beard got arrested happened tonight. 

We have so many seniors, this has to be the year. I sure hope to the basketball gods that this was just a fluke and we will be back strong on Saturday.

Just now, troph said:

Fla transfer is one of the best players in the conference. We didn’t play great defense but they shot out of this world from the line, from the 3, from the field. Will probably be their best game of the year if I had to guess. 

Yeah if they had been cold at any aspect maybe we win.

But still...got to do better challenging shots.

Sometimes the other team is just on fire. No coaching or defense had anything to do with KState going 31 of 33 from the line.  If they shoot their season average of 70% we probably win.

Not even counting them going 56% from 3 when their average is 33%.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Revolution512 said:

Somebody better fix this defense or the whole thing is going to come apart quick in this conference 

Yeah. So many promising Texas seasons have withered going through the Big 12 gauntlet. We have to do something if we don't want this to be another one.

Just now, Valmy77 said:

Yeah. So many promising Texas seasons have withered going through the Big 12 gauntlet. We have to do something if we don't want this to be another one.

Yep. It seems like the Big12 tournament is "easier" to win than a Big12 regular season title, despite the same number of teams being involved in each competition. Texas seems to slip up enough times in Big12 play to get out of conference title contention, and already tonight our chances just took a big hit 

1 minute ago, HookEm said:

Sometimes the other team is just on fire. No coaching or defense had anything to do with KState going 31 of 33 from the line.  If they shoot their season average of 70% we probably win.

Not even counting them going 56% from 3 when their average is 33%.

They got to the line so much because we couldn’t keep them out of the paint.   Giving up 33 free throws indicates you are badly out of position on defense .  

Defense has to be better but that’s a ridiculous shooting performance. Shit happens in basketball. I don’t think this changes anything as far as our trajectory goes. This team has legit FF potential but I do worry with Rodney we won’t quite reach that. 

Edited by hobbes2702

6 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

They got to the line so much because we couldn’t keep them out of the paint.   Giving up 33 free throws indicates you are badly out of position on defense .  

I was coming back to say it didn’t help that a lot of their shots were in the paint easy  buckets.  You’re right about the foul shots all though down the stretch inflated them some. No matter what, a better defensive performance - especially to start the game - would have given Texas a shot. 

Edited by troph

7 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Defense has to be better but that’s a ridiculous shooting performance. Shit happens in basketball. I don’t think this changes anything as far as our trajectory goes. This team has legit FF potential but I don’t worry with Rodney we won’t quite reach that. 

Well it isn't so ridiculous when you realize all the shots were uncontested and we had no answer for their pick and roll game.  Defense was non existent in this game.  

Edited by chemHORN
  • Hook 'Em 1