K-State @ #6 Texas - 8:00 LHN

BigOrange1

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Almost half of their 33 free throws came with under 3 minutes left. 

They went 14 for 15.

We didn’t start intentionally fouling until about 1 minute left.  Probably 10 of the FTs were after that point by my recollection.  

Edited by ClubWhatever

Just posted on the basketball thread but what the hell. Just saw the score, glad I didn’t watch. Would have suspected 72-70 loss or something but 116 son of a bitch. Yeah awesome we can get to 100 points if we ever face Gonzaga or unc but giving up that much…not Texas basketball and that’s the worst part. Losing playing your style, it happens, losing playing a style that’s not yours-problems. 

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

The defense has been listless ever since Beard got suspended. It is clear that Beard makes a huge difference, and if he has to be replaced, I think the program will take a massive step backwards. So disappointing. 

Absolutely. I’m pretty shocked at what a huge difference his absence has made. Not many basketball coaches affect their teams level of play that much. Beard was absolutely building something special, which makes his decisions that much more fucking stupid. 

We could make a very good next hire and still suffer a pretty big downgrade at HC. It sucks. 

• Like 1

Didn't see the game, just finished watching the highlights. 

Frosty post-game handshake between Terry and Tang. About a 1/2 seconds worth. History there going back to Baylor, etc? I don't know much about Tang other than his long history in Waco. Maybe that's all I need to know.