Dry January 2023

30-0 but had wine the last few nights by the fire (I started a day early in December and stopped two days early in January). I will back off when the ice thaws and get back to fitness.  Lost no weight but didn’t focus on diet or exercise. I’m kinda bummed but circumstances weren’t helpful. 

On 2/2/2023 at 9:45 AM, Js1 said:

Really had to laugh/cringe at people on social media getting blitzed on a Wednesday night. Like congrats you made it 30/31 days, time to get trashed on a weekday to make up for that 

I got tanked the last 2 nights but that's b/c I was out partying with clients in town for NAPE. Timing was completely coincidental. Otherwise would have laid off until this evening. Really intend to cut out booze on weeknights year round unless there's a reason better than "I feel like drinking" (Astros games, work functions, vacation...etc.) 

31-0. Honestly didn’t see that much of an impact but wasn’t anywhere near an everyday drinker before. Sleep was maybe a little better, dropped a couple pounds (but that was probably more attributable to trying to clean up my diet and up my workout game)… but for the most part not too much changed.

Will say I broke the streak yesterday and had a few beers when we went to get crawfish. Stomach was all “What the fuck is this!?”

• Hook 'Em 2

On 2/3/2023 at 4:58 PM, Storm the Field said:

I got tanked the last 2 nights but that's b/c I was out partying with clients in town for NAPE. Timing was completely coincidental. Otherwise would have laid off until this evening. Really intend to cut out booze on weeknights year round unless there's a reason better than "I feel like drinking" (Astros games, work functions, vacation...etc.) 

My wife stopped drinking for health reasons 3-4 years ago. I've really, really tried to cut out drinking at home at weeknights entirely and been mostly successful.

24 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I think someone upthread recommended the athletic for n/a beer.  Decent stuff.  Not gonna lie

My wife really likes it. Her favorite is the Hazy IPA, which is hilarious because she never would've drank an IPA back in her drinking days.

• Hook 'Em 1