What the fuck is wrong with you Allen,TX

closetohumping

Looks like AHS is losing their starting qb because of some racist knucklehead   Wondering if this could be fake?

https://www.dallasnews.com/high-school-sports/football/2023/01/05/racist-vandalism-spurs-star-allen-qb-and-family-to-unenroll-move-from-football-powerhouse/?outputType=amp

Edited by closetohumping

8 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Doubtful it’s related but a high profile qb is transferring into Allen

Reading the article sounds like Hawkins had previously put forward rumblings about leaving before this happened. The news that Mickey Gow was transferring to Allen dropped yesterday. I wonder if there was an internal effort among boosters or parents to find a replacement for Hawkins (and his helicopter dad) and once Gow was locked up one of the more racist ones did this to run off Hawkins.  Probably told Gow Hawkins was gonna leave

6 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Haven’t read it either, but I’m guessing it discusses the racist force shield that keeps that shit out of the big city.

Allen is over 100K and is part of the metroplex right?

Seems big city enough to me

45 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Haven’t read.   But this book is about small southern towns not Dallas right,?

the book is actually not so much about small southern towns. sure, vidor is mentioned as an infamous texas sundown towns, but most apparently were in the north and west. the traditional south just settled on segregation. they were fine with black folks across the tracks most of the time. sundown towns were "don't let the sun set on you in this town nigger" type towns with signs that say exactly that. it's striking because the methods to keep sundown towns white are pretty much in the wheelhouse of this allen story.

37 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Haven’t read it either, but I’m guessing it discusses the racist force shield that keeps that shit out of the big city.

it's actually about the racist force field that moves black folks into certain cities or suburbs as opposed to others. and it discusses the animus behind the racism, methods involved in going sundown, etc. it's really a fucking good read.

30 minutes ago, huge said:

Allen is over 100K and is part of the metroplex right?

Seems big city enough to me

allen would be a perfect example what would be a sundown town, except allen is integrated. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

the book is actually not so much about small southern towns. sure, vidor is mentioned as an infamous texas sundown towns, but most apparently were in the north and west. the traditional south just settled on segregation. they were fine with black folks across the tracks most of the time. sundown towns were "don't let the sun set on you in this town nigger" type towns with signs that say exactly that. it's striking because the methods to keep sundown towns white are pretty much in the wheelhouse of this allen story.

it's actually about the racist force field that moves black folks into certain cities or suburbs as opposed to others. and it discusses the animus behind the racism, methods involved in going sundown, etc. it's really a fucking good read.

allen would be a perfect example what would be a sundown town, except allen is integrated. 

Allen is tame compared to Prosper and Celina.  Started with Plano in the 80’s.   Keep moving north to avoid black people.  Give it 30 more years and we wIll have exported all of the racists to Oklahoma as they keep moving further north.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

Allen is tame compared to Prosper and Celina.  Started with Plano in the 80’s.   Keep moving north to avoid black people.  Give it 30 more years and we wIll have exported all of the racists to Oklahoma as they keep moving further north.

I take a different view, although some of that is true.

People forget that within our lifetimes, Collin and Denton counties were mostly rural, with all that implies, particularly in this day and age.  That is, the great urban/rural divide that keeps Texas blue and will for quite some time.

Granted, people from Dallas moved north, and other people not even from Texas moved in.  But a fair number of those rural folk began to migrate into the cities or be overtaken by them. NOW, they're just "affordable."  When they first start out, they're REALLY AFFORDABLE, as are places like Prosper and Celina, allowing rural hickoids to make the transition to suburban dweller in a generation or less, which is not enough time to overcome many/most of those things that drive the current urban/rural divide.  And, unlike Dallas, Travis, or Harris counties, those counties and other exurban counties around Texas big cities still have large swathes of unincorporated rurality.

I think there's a fair amount of similarity between Montgomery, Waller, and Liberty counties and Denton and Collin counties, and Williamson, Bastrop and Burnet counties, for example.  It's really not all that unique to North Texas.  Except possibly that the "base county" of Dallas is somewhat more conservative than Travis or Harris County.

I'm sure that it is also true of recently rural counties to the south of the base counties, as well, but Texas and 'murica seem to like to sprawl north first.

Thirty someodd years ago, when Plano was just becoming a thing and still had a fairly small population, it was much like the far out places like Princeton, Lucas, Celina, etc. are today and Collin County remained 90% rural or very rural-ish.

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

:D  I've read that Southlake can be pretty tough as well.  At another site, I've heard whites are leaving Coppell because it doesn't feel American anymore.

2 hours ago, midtown said:

Racism in a suburb outside of DFW?   Shocking

Well, let's not let the Houston suburbs off the hook.  This very thing happened to a Vietnamese friend of mine in Houston. 

3 hours ago, cmontexas said:

Reading the article sounds like Hawkins had previously put forward rumblings about leaving before this happened. The news that Mickey Gow was transferring to Allen dropped yesterday. I wonder if there was an internal effort among boosters or parents to find a replacement for Hawkins (and his helicopter dad) and once Gow was locked up one of the more racist ones did this to run off Hawkins.  Probably told Gow Hawkins was gonna leave

Gow is that kid that is ambidextrous right?  I wonder if he's an actual threat to a guy like Hawkins.  At that age, maybe so.  So, cynical racist would say "Hawkins spray painted his own garage so that he can leave Allen w/o penalty and w/o looking like a coward."

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

People forget that within our lifetimes, Collin and Denton counties were mostly rural, with all that implies, particularly in this day and age.  That is, the great urban/rural divide that keeps Texas blue and will for quite some time.

Granted, people from Dallas moved north, and other people not even from Texas moved in.  But a fair number of those rural folk began to migrate into the cities or be overtaken by them. NOW, they're just "affordable."  When they first start out, they're REALLY AFFORDABLE, as are places like Prosper and Celina, allowing rural hickoids to make the transition to suburban dweller in a generation or less, which is not enough time to overcome many/most of those things that drive the current urban/rural divide.  And, unlike Dallas, Travis, or Harris counties, those counties and other exurban counties around Texas big cities still have large swathes of unincorporated rurality.

I think there's a fair amount of similarity between Montgomery, Waller, and Liberty counties and Denton and Collin counties, and Williamson, Bastrop and Burnet counties, for example.  It's really not all that unique to North Texas.  Except possibly that the "base county" of Dallas is somewhat more conservative than Travis or Harris County.

I'm sure that it is also true of recently rural counties to the south of the base counties, as well, but Texas and 'murica seem to like to sprawl north first.

And the be truthful it's not even unique to Texas.  I've had conservative friends in NC and Idaho tell me that outside of the suburbs, their states aren't very accepting of non-whites.

20 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Wondering if this could be fake?

At first I was like wut?  

But, as racisty as Dallas exurbs can be, they have had and benefitted from black football players for quite some time.  Kyler Murray, anyone?

I too began to wonder if this was additional cover for a move and transfer.

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

And the be truthful it's not even unique to Texas.  I've had conservative friends in NC and Idaho tell me that outside of the suburbs, their states aren't very accepting of non-whites.

It is, fundamentally, the urban/rural divide that afflicts America broadly.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Northern Collin County is one of the most racist places in the country right now.  I agree about the affordable thing.  That brings in the country bumpkins.  I knew a bunch of college friends who moved to Frisco in the early 90’s because it was cheap. Most of them have stayed.  I currently reside in Dallas County because I hate everything about the northern burbs, and assuming the builder of my new home can prove to be competent, which is doubtful at this point, I will have a glimpse of Ft. Sumter from my back porch, so it’s not like I am opposed to Southern things.  White flight is a real thing though, and the history of Dallas  bears that out.

• Hook 'Em 3

It could have been some dudes from any of the neighboring schools. It could have been some dudes from Allen.
What's fact is that this shit is still going on in 2023 is fucking mind blowing.
I'm pretty darn fast for a Caucasian 3c62fb5fd3f50d4ff2f24d0439379d7b.jpg