Undiscovered Bands

BrickHorn

It doesn’t happen often. But every now and again, by pure accident, I’ll stumble onto some obscure band that kicks ass. Rock music is such a niche genre these days and I feel like the best stuff is wallowing in obscure local scenes. Post your own discoveries here and tell us why these unheralded rock bands deserve a listen.

I’ll start. It occurred to me today that “The Jobbers” would be a good band name. For those who don’t follow wrestling, that’s a term for the lame wrestlers whose whole job is to lose to the better, more popular stars. So I searched to see if anyone beat me to the punch and indeed, there’s a band out of Brooklyn that goes by “Jobber.” And they fucking rock. Here’s a sample off of their first EP released this past fall:

It kind of reminds me of Liz Phair, with the vocals, guitars, and unorthodox song structure. Anyway, I’m hooked and I hope they release more stuff. 

Now it’s your turn.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Shit…just about all the bands that were on my record label in the early 2000s. We dropped the website years ago, but my partner made a Bandcamp and most of the releases can be heard there. Some of them I recorded and mixed. My favorites are the Hognose albums as well as SuperHeavyGoatAss and Players Club.

https://arclightrecords.bandcamp.com

• Hook 'Em 2

• 2 weeks later...