Beer 2023: Y’all still drink or nah?

HenryJames

19 minutes ago, veritas aequitas said:

I still drink beer but limit it to mostly IPAs and some Shiner products. Elysian Space Dust and Nocona Bronc Buster are my go to nowadays.

I'm the opposite.  I'll drink anything but this kind of stuff.  

To each his own. 

As a fan of Austin Beerworks who lives in Dallas, this was a nice surprise to find at the Specs off Central.

0d927a0d20325ff0269e35f6c837b54e.jpg

I asked them when they started carrying ABW and they said they didn’t. Apparently someone bought cases of it down at a Specs down south for a party here in Dallas but then returned it to the store here and they were “forced” to accept the return.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Dry January this year for me, trying to shed some pounds and get back into shape. Signed up for a few half marathons and will prepare for a long cycle ride this summer. I'm still ingesting my MJ edibles and drinking Hoplark Hopwater, some non-alcoholic beers (Athletic, Heineken 0.0, and Bitburger 0.0). Pot doesn't affect my sleep, it usually helps, and no hangovers. I might end up going this route after January to cut back on beer and whiskey. Time will tell. 

On 1/9/2023 at 4:18 PM, 'stache said:

Dry January this year for me, trying to shed some pounds and get back into shape. Signed up for a few half marathons and will prepare for a long cycle ride this summer. I'm still ingesting my MJ edibles and drinking Hoplark Hopwater, some non-alcoholic beers (Athletic, Heineken 0.0, and Bitburger 0.0). Pot doesn't affect my sleep, it usually helps, and no hangovers. I might end up going this route after January to cut back on beer and whiskey. Time will tell. 

Flower always put me to sleep back in the day, but vape and edibles do have a negative effect on my sleep sometimes.  I've done the weed and NA beer thing before and I'm sure I'm saving a few calories, and there isn't a hangover, but I've been a little disappointed by how I sleep.  I just sleep better truly sober.

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

American Solera fucks.  Supposed to be in Tulsa in mid-March and definitely plan on stopping.

Marshall just a few doors down is really good too. AS kills the sours and hazy IPAs, Marshall kills the lagers and barrel aged beers. I like AS barrel aged stuff too but they are super heavy and sometimes too sweet for my taste. Cabin Boys is also next door and solid, with a cool atmosphere. 

Just now, 'stache said:

Marshall just a few doors down is really good too. AS kills the sours and hazy IPAs, Marshall kills the lagers and barrel aged beers. I like AS barrel aged stuff too but they are super heavy and sometimes too sweet for my taste. Cabin Boys is also next door and solid, with a cool atmosphere. 

I'll make a point to hit Marshall.  I haven't been to the new AS location yet, but my cousin (lives just south of there and that's the reason I go to Tulsa) speaks highly of that brewery district in general.

Have you been to the newer brewery downtown? I think it’s Heffs or something like that. May hit it up next week. Just noticed it existed when we drove over to AS.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2023 at 10:29 AM, immamac said:

I drink modelo. 

Embarassing that no one repped this. 

On 1/7/2023 at 3:40 PM, next2naus said:

lots of Jai Alia and Brooklyn Pils....then some other DIPA and NEIPA here and there

Jai Alai has been my favorite beer for some time now. Kept on draft at basically the only bar I drink at. 

50 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Word.  I still have something like 3 cases of dark winter beers in my fridge leftover from our annual Christmas party.  It's time to do some work.

42 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Hell yeah, I'm gonna get wrecked this weekend on barrel aged stouts and triple ipas. Should probably schedule an appointment at the IV shop for Sunday morning. 

Good GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Yuengling is newly available here and people are going crazy. I like it well enough but have always thought it tasted like a slightly lighter Shiner Bock. I’ll buy some in the rotation, but the hype is weird to me, though not surprising.

My cousin was bellied up at Elgin Park to watch Tulsa's first Yuengling keg get tapped.

I like Yuengling a lot, but don't think it's amazing beer.  It just tastes better than the other macros in it's price range.

Not sure where else to put this,  but I have a good friend who has opened a Brewpub in The Cedars in Dallas. 
It’s within stumbling distance from Lee Harvey’s.

Has a ton of great beer on tap. About 25% his own stuff and the rest from Dallas-area brewers.

Give him a try if you are in the area.

https://autonomousbrewpub.com

Edited by BrewmanTX