2023 Drunk Thread

Hate

• 2 weeks later...

I will get by! I've got to be edible and otherwise free as I am changing jobs in the next couple of weeks.  The HR lady said no drug test but the offer letter said otherwise, so I am abstaining for a couple of weeks to be sure. 

Edited by Hate
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

@Hate in a similar boat. Job searching because my current employer doesn’t feel like paying me more. Or paying me much to begin with. My give a fuck meter has gone way down so who cares if I'm hungover as balls on Monday. 

Getting crunk tonight. 3 white claws 3 modelos prob 4-5 vodka sodas in. Watching some Oscar nominated movies this week currently viewing the new Top Gun. Bad news is I only have one Marlboro light left. Send Jr. to the store for me. 

• Like 1

Well, the beginning of the end is here.  I have the next 9 days to do nothing but drink.  I know there are some of you out there in the cold and dark with nothing else to do but drink as well.  I hope y'all get power soon. 

I feel for you Bongos.  I've been there.  We were without power for 15 days after Ike.  We lost power for a day during the 2/21 winter storm and then had a pipe burst when the power did come back on.  We were without water for 5 days because we couldn't get a plumber or find the necessary pipe fittings to fix it.  My coon ass BIL brought some stuff from LA that fixed it, but that was a long week of boiling snow to have water to wash dishes and flush toilets.  Hang in there and if you get drunk enough you will feel like you are camping.

• Haha 1

It wouldn't have been me.  I always stock up before a natural disaster.  We couldn't leave our house for 4 days during Harvey because of all the water, but I could have opened a neighborhood bar.  You can never be too careful.

6 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

A Skinny Bitch or two (vodka and Diet Coke, official drink of Paris Hilton) easing the pain in my legs after an hour of hard court tennis this afternoon and the beating on my 60+ year old joints.

I have drank that. It isn't terrible.

I got these after work at the place I get CBD (in Austin).

20230210_224138.thumb.jpg.afacb7055aa4d017b0005eaca31e5540.jpg

They get you pretty fucking high. I mean it's basically medical grade THC you can buy over the counter in Texas. But we can't buy flower/bud or concentrates or carts or whatever. 

It has to be federally legal soon, right?

(paired with some vodka soda of course)

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Hate said:

Might as well run it back tonight.  Who the hell else is up for getting drunk?

I pushed the envelope last night so I'm going to relax with one drink only tonight.  Or two.  

Wait, I think I'm already on number two.

But I'm out of Diet Coke and not going downstairs for another can.

Monday and my spouse had a grenade dropped in his lap at a meeting this morning and he comes home: you want a martini cause I’m making martinis….

Two martinis in and that grenade is just a minor inconvenience and everyone we don’t like are assholes. What a nice start to the week. Us vs. the world. 

Cheers!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2