2023 Longhorns Football Offseason News and Notes

LTtxfan

On 1/9/2023 at 3:07 PM, Ebeye said:

Apparently it is legal to not have MM narrate a video. 

Apparently, you didn't attend any games this year.  They played that in the stadium pre-game all season.

On 1/10/2023 at 2:12 PM, Vito Andolini said:

He’s trying to gain credibility with others in the news business by not being a homer, but is dismissed by real newspapermen as a talentless nobody. 

He's been trying that schtick for decades.  It doesn't work, but it's who he is - a talentless hack.

37 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Apparently, you didn't attend any games this year.  They played that in the stadium pre-game all season.

That would be an affirmative.  Unfortunately the last time I attended a game in Austin, Rashaan Salaam was running wild.  

• Rage+1 1

21 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

IT said Cole Hutson recently had surgery to repair a torn labrum in his shoulder. He will likely be out for spring ball.

Hutson being an early enrollee last year gave him a head start on the other freshmen OLmen, and Angilau getting injured in fall camp gave him the opening for a starting job.

He will miss this spring due to injury, so whoever wins the competition this spring will probably be the starter in the fall.

Irony is a bitch.

7 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

IT also said Connor Robertson will miss spring ball with a shoulder injury

FCB says left wrist surgery for CR

Texas freshman offensive lineman Connor Robertson is recovering from postseason surgery on his left wrist, a source told Horns247.

Robertson, UT's backup center behind starter Jake Majors, suffered the injury during the season but was able to hold off on having surgery until after Texas' appearance in the Alamo Bowl against Washington, the source said. Robertson is expected to recover in time for spring football, the source said.

Robertson joins freshman offensive lineman Cole Hutson and running back Jonathon Brooks as Longhorns recovering from post-season surgeries. Hutson had surgery Monday to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder and will miss spring football, while Brooks had hernia surgery earlier this month and is expected to return for some part of spring ball

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-football-Connor-Robertson-recovering-from-post-season-surgery-202872239/

This is awesome NIL promotion. I plan to check out the new VW line of cars. Im interested in the corvette looking VW that looks like Justices car. 
VW, yet they're taking pics with what looks like a Kia, some sort of Keep and a GMC Sierra truck and C8 Stingray?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, ousux said:

VW, yet they're taking pics with what looks like a Kia, some sort of Keep and a GMC Sierra truck and C8 Stingray?

Do you even used cars bro? You can lease those too, plus it is really hard to get new cars off the lot right now. I just ordered one and had to wait 4 months for it to come in.  

Edited by Vertigo

42 minutes ago, ousux said:

29 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Do you even used cars bro? You can lease those too, plus it is really hard to get new cars off the lot right now. I just ordered one and had to wait 4 months for it to come in.  

While I appreciate the effort to promote UT players, I don’t understand the marketing strategy.Yes, I understand that the the used car side of a dealership is typically more profitable than the new car side. Here are some ideas: 

Come to Vangaurd -I just bought a popular brand new auto and had to wait 4 months. But ,if you buy a VW you can get it in 1 month because they are not in demand.

Come to Vanguard - Yes you don’t have to buy a VW just like the UT players here  , because we have all popular brands on the used car lot! 

I would send a thank you note for the free promotion to Vanguard VW if I were the local Chevrolet or Jeep dealership!

Happy for the guys, but will they sell one extra car because these players bought a used car from their lot?
Or was mentioning the name of the Dealership in the tweet about what they expect?
It will bring people in to look that otherwise wouldn't for whatever reason, so yeah..it will work out for the dealership as well.

And while I'm on a roll, the bubble is beyond embarrassing at this point, especially after watching a few coach Prime vids and seeing how one of the worst P5 programs totally outclasses UT when it comes to indoor practice facilities.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, ousux said:

And while I'm on a roll, the bubble is beyond embarrassing at this point, especially after watching a few coach Prime vids and seeing how one of the worst P5 programs totally outclasses UT when it comes to indoor practice facilities.

Now that a lot of the basketball facilities/arena projects are done it would make a lot of sense to see something about a bubble replacement soon. Honestly shocked it has lasted as long as it has.