NFL Week 18

shadow_operative2.0

50 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I would rather the Steelers make the playoffs. Tomlin is a great coach. One of the best. Most of the HCs that will be in the playoffs (most not all) are elite. 

Re: Sam. Last year people thought Lawrence was a bust. He got stuck with Urban and then an interim HC. They started off like shit. Then Pederson and Lawrence got them rolling. I don’t think it’s entirely fair to judge Sam based on the fact the team sucks, the OLine sucks, Foles and Ryan have looked terrible as well, they have Jeff fucking Saturday as a HC and when Reich was fired they promptly pulled Sam fro starting after saying he’d start the rest of the season when he was only two games into playing. I have on Sam colored and burnt orange glasses for Sam and he’s played bad and mad some poor decisions today but hopefully a coach that KNOWS all of what I just said will take him on if he’s not a Colt after this year. And no Sam is not Lawrence but he’s far better than people give him credit for. The Colts are a dumpster fire.

I feel way better about the Steelers now than I did as I walked into the stadium for the Tampa game. This is a much different team. Young guys are making plays. I feel bad for Cam but, hopefully he can have another terrific year next season. The offense is light years ahead of where they were in September. The defense still has some issues but, again, I think some younger guys have done well. I really don’t mind them not getting in this year. This season is probably Tomlin’s best coaching job. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Rams got fucked.

Up 3 with the ball at midfield and 5 minutes to go. Seattle with 1 time out. Instead Seattle gets an extra set of downs.

Then Ramsey is a fucking idiot in OT but also probably should have been a penalty on DK after the “late hit”

I know rules are rules but you should always be allowed to stand your ground on defense. These penalties and roughing the passer are getting out of control. You touch Brady, rodgers or mahomes and it’s a flag.

Anything can fucking happen…but to me, the parity between the AFC and NFC is almost nonexistent. The AFC is just in my opinion , better. SF is probably the best NFC team but again anything can happen. I just think whichever team wins the AFC will win the SB. Hoping we can at least get to the NFC championship…maybe win it…but again…jmo I think the AFC takes home the trophy. I never count out the geezers though and Brady and Rodgers being in the mix always complicates shit. 

Im not happy about the fact that the Cowboys of the teams left in the playoffs have probably a bottom three HC but at least he’s won a SB. So there’s that.

Edited by Nicole44

Anything can fucking happen…but to me, the parity between the AFC and NFC is almost nonexistent. The AFC is just in my opinion , better. SF is probably the best NFC team but again anything can happen. I just think whichever team wins the AFC will win the SB. Hoping we can at least get to the NFC championship…maybe win it…but again…jmo I think the AFC takes home the trophy. I never count out the geezers though and Brady and Rodgers being in the mix always complicates shit. 

Im not happy about the fact that the Cowboys of the teams left in the playoffs have probably a bottom three HC but at least he’s won a SB. So there’s that.

Agree with all of this. The NFC seems much weaker than usual. Philly and San Fran are probably the best but both have holes. Minny and Dallas seem pretty fraudulent and the giants and bucs are just not good.

Green Bay has a chance to make a run if they end up winning tonight.

Makes me more pissed as a lions fan because I think they lions would have beat Minny and had a chance against most of the other teams in the playoffs.

Really shitty time management cost them the games against Buffalo Minnesota Philly and Seattle. Better season that I expected from them (especially after starting 1-6) but stings that they aren’t playing for the playoffs right now.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Juicy said:

Agree with all of this. The NFC seems much weaker than usual. Philly and San Fran are probably the best but both have holes. Minny and Dallas seem pretty fraudulent and the giants and bucs are just not good.

Green Bay has a chance to make a run if they end up winning tonight.

Makes me more pissed as a lions fan because I think they lions would have beat Minny and had a chance against most of the other teams in the playoffs.

Really shitty time management cost them the games against Buffalo Minnesota Philly and Seattle. Better season that I expected from them (especially after starting 1-6) but stings that they aren’t playing for the playoffs right now.

If they have a smart draft (I think they will) and I do think they need to start thinking about developing a QB at some point. But first try to fill some areas with quality picks and FA. I think they will be formidable this fall. And make the playoffs. Great trajectory. Bears seem to be a mess without a lot of holes to fill and trying to keep Fields from being killed. I think Rodgers is not in GB this fall and we will finally see Jordan Love. They have a lot of holes to fill. I think Minny is a good but not great team because as decent as Cousins is he’s just that decent. Doesn’t mean he can’t win some pivotal games. Goff is younger and but I still think is Cousinsesque. That division will be interesting but I think if the Lions have a smart draft and acquire a player or two in FA they’ll be in great shape for the playoffs. Jmo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Augustus said:

So the Packers game is meaningless?

Not totally meaningless for the Lions.  When sideline reporter asked Detroit HC about how the team stays motivated after they were eliminated from playoffs, he replied, "We don't want them to go either."  If GB loses, they're out of the playoffs and Seattle is in.

Edited by 83Horn

If they have a smart draft (I think they will) and I do think they need to start thinking about developing a QB at some point. But first try to fill some areas with quality picks and FA. I think they will be formidable this fall. And make the playoffs. Great trajectory. Bears seem to be a mess without a lot of holes to fill and trying to keep Fields from being killed. I think Rodgers is not in GB this fall and we will finally see Jordan Love. They have a lot of holes to fill. I think Minny is a good but not great team because as decent as Cousins is he’s just that decent. Doesn’t mean he can’t win some pivotal games. Goff is younger and but I still think is Cousinsesque. That division will be interesting but I think if the Lions have a smart draft and acquire a player or two in FA they’ll be in great shape for the playoffs. Jmo

The one thing that Brad Holmes has going for him from previous lions GMs is he seems to know how to draft. And has found some late round gems. Lots of draft capital this year and a ton of cap space to shore up the defense and the lions should be really solid next season. Finally some hope for lions fans

The one thing that Brad Holmes has going for him from previous lions GMs is he seems to know how to draft. And has found some late round gems. Lots of draft capital this year and a ton of cap space to shore up the defense and the lions should be really solid next season. Finally some hope for lions fans

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Juicy said:

Didn't quite catch that...can you run it by me again?

• Haha 4