CFP National Championship Game: #1 Georgia vs #3 TCU.

FartingDreamer

Just now, FartingDreamer said:

Definitely should be on a Saturday.

Why not?  Lack of state pride?  The more teams from this state appear in the title game, the better it reflects on Texas talent.  

I’m not interested in it reflecting well on state talent that isn’t playing for the Longhorns. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

TCU has had a history of comebacks this year but if I'm coaching Georgia I want to try to put their asses in a hole early.  Michigan went right down the field and then got inside the 5 and fucked around and found out.  Shit started shifting quickly on them and they gave the underdog hope.  If you are Georgia you want to quickly crush that feeling.   

• Like 1

What we want doesn’t matter. What matters is that TCU is not nearly as good as Georgia. TCU took double OT to edge OSU in FW. They barely beat Baylor by 1. They played plenty of pedestrian teams and barely beat most of them. Georgia crushed a lot of like teams. 

• Hook 'Em 3

What we want doesn’t matter. What matters is that TCU is not nearly as good as Georgia. TCU took double OT to edge OSU in FW. They barely beat Baylor by 1. They played plenty of pedestrian teams and barely beat most of them. Georgia crushed a lot of like teams. 

and Georgia almost lost to Missouri, probably should have.

Georgias better on paper but I don’t think they’re as good as last years team that lost about 8 defensive players to the nfl.

Tcu just has to let their nuts hang and anything can happen.
  • Like 3

I did not give TCU much of shot against Mich but was happy the scrappy frogs won. The same against Ga, but I hope they kick their ass.

Also, hope the tv coverage shows  more of the pom girls. Last week it seemed to focus more on the poochie belly'd Mich cheer girls.

For tonight, Go Frogs!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

and Georgia almost lost to Missouri, probably should have.

Georgias better on paper but I don’t think they’re as good as last years team that lost about 8 defensive players to the nfl.

Tcu just has to let their nuts hang and anything can happen.

Georgia had tough games against Missouri (Mizzou lost that one more than GA won it) and Kentucky. TCU has been on the razor’s edge all year. Bunch of blue chips ( a few elite players and upperclassman) with a big chip on their shoulders. Elite coordinators though. Georgia as we know has a better OLine and Dline. More star ️ players. What I like about TCU is they play their game no matter what. 

I consider the source of the quote but this is spot on imo about TCU:

"You can't overstate what they've done," said former Texas A&M coach R.C. Slocum, a College Football Hall of Fame member, of TCU. "They just stay after you. They're not an ebb and flow type of team. They just stay the same all the time whether it's going well or not. It's hard to beat a team that won't be beat."
 Great article on TCU btw: https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/looking-to-turn-chips-into-a-chip-tcu-may-alter-sport-with-victory-in-college-football-playoff-title-game/

good luck froggies! Beat some Jawja ass. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, FartingDreamer said:

Why not?  Lack of state pride?  The more teams from this state appear in the title game, the better it reflects on Texas talent overall.

Who gives a shit?  Everybody already knows Texas produces a ton of players.

I'll say this one last time: TCU winning this game is not good for Texas if it costs us even one recruit that we wanted.  Plus, TCU fans hate us, just like aggy, Tech, Baylor, and Houston.  They all loathe us, so I'm not rooting for any of them, ever. 

Georgia by 28 and I'm gonna be giddy about it.  Get back under your rock of irrelevance where you belong, lizards.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

If Kansas State can do it, Georgia can do it. TCU’s best showing might have been the way they beat Iowa State. Outside of that — and the beating of probably the worst OU team since Blake was around, but who didn’t do that — they couldn’t put down any team with a pulse. I mean, absolutely, they get credit for winning close games and a win is a win, but it doesn’t inspire a lot of confidence from my perspective. 

We’ll find out soon enough, but I’m thinking Georgia run-rules them. 

15 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

If Kansas State can do it, Georgia can do it. TCU’s best showing might have been the way they beat Iowa State. Outside of that — and the beating of probably the worst OU team since Blake was around, but who didn’t do that — they couldn’t put down any team with a pulse. I mean, absolutely, they get credit for winning close games and a win is a win, but it doesn’t inspire a lot of confidence from my perspective. 

We’ll find out soon enough, but I’m thinking Georgia run-rules them. 

TCU has played a lot of close games, and UGA has blown out most of their opponents BUT they did look vulnerable and quite bad against a shitty Mizzou team. TCU needs to hope UGA has one of those games, as unlikely as it is

2 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

TCU has played a lot of close games, and UGA has blown out most of their opponents BUT they did look vulnerable and quite bad against a shitty Mizzou team. TCU needs to hope UGA has one of those games, as unlikely as it is

Yeah, I'm not saying Georgia is unbeatable. I think Georgia's A game is probably 21+ points better than TCU's A game. Georgia's C game could get them beat. Who the hell knows which version of any team is going to show up for any given game? There'd be a lot more millionaires posting here if that were easy to know.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

TCU winning this game is not good for Texas if it costs us even one recruit that we wanted. 

You think Georgia winning 2 in a row (and all the dynasty talk that will go with it) isn't going to hurt Texas recruiting?

5 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Yeah, I'm not saying Georgia is unbeatable. I think Georgia's A game is probably 21+ points better than TCU's A game. Georgia's C game could get them beat. Who the hell knows which version of any team is going to show up for any given game? There'd be a lot more millionaires posting here if that were easy to know.

This is true. Good college teams sometimes play bad games. But I still expect an SEC champ loaded with talent to be able to handle the B12 runner-up in a year in which OU and UT are both too down to make the CCG.

My son played basketball at TCU (Mountain West days) and married a TCU girl. Lots of purple on extended family today. 

I don't buy that a frog win is bad for Texas. UT has to get it's shit together. Watching TCU get to the championship game only amplifies what a raging dumpster fire we have been.

Georgia wins but doesn't cover.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

22 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

This is true. Good college teams sometimes play bad games. But I still expect an SEC champ loaded with talent to be able to handle the B12 runner-up in a year in which OU and UT are both too down to make the CCG.

You say that as if Texas has historically been a regular in the CCG.

• Like 1

the only predictions i can share:

1.) i will stuff my face with steak at the game-watching party.  going ham on the freshest cut.

2.) i will be drunk by 1st quarter

3.) i will yell at the tv and not give a shit

4.) i will get laid by the cutest, chubby wearing TCU gear.

btw, tcu wins in a shocker.

Edited by Shaggy3.0
  • Like 1

On 1/8/2023 at 9:47 AM, statsman said:

TCU is a really good team, having a great season. They’re not much (if any) better than Texas. Michigan was their best win, by a mile. What was their second best win? Over Texas or KSU? 

They had a puncher’s chance against Michigan, and they took it. This is the second week in a row they will have to go up against bigger, more physical lines. I don’t see Duggan with 15 carries again. I think Georgia covers. 

I think this will be the playoff template, going forward. A team can get hot, and win the first round, but the championships will be won by the teams with lots of NFL talent on the lines. 

I don't understand how anyone could watch TCU play Michigan and still believe that Michigan is bigger and more physical up front. I don't know who is bigger, but TCU completely dominated the LOS.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, nnm said:

Take off your blue blood glasses.
Michigan benefitted from a phantom roughing call resulting in a TD, got a pick from a well thrown ball which the receiver deflected, which resulted in another TD, got a fumble deep inside TCU’s territory, and benefitted from phantom DPI calls. 

TCU dominated the game, led wire to wire, and it was UM, not little ol’ TCU, running scared and running trick plays to try to keep up. 

If the results were reversed, everyone would be talking about how UM dominated and plucky TCU came close but just couldn’t quite get there despite a miraculous 3Q. 

UM was lucky to be within 3 towards the end.

UGA is better than UM, but not the dominant team they were last year. They may win, but I don’t think it’s going to be the game the lazy blue blood tshirt fans think it is. 

Right, I don't get how anyone came away from that game thinking TCU barely pulled it off.  Anyone wants to talk about getting lucky in the semifinals, lets talk about Ohio State's kicker horribly shanking the gamewinning FG.  TCU looked like the better, faster, stronger team from start to finish and Michigan is fortunate they weren't blown out.  Anyways, if both teams bring their A game tonight Georgia wins but if Georgia brings their B game to TCU's A game TCU can win.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Trojan Man said:

Right, I don't get how anyone came away from that game thinking TCU barely pulled it off.  Anyone wants to talk about getting lucky in the semifinals, lets talk about Ohio State's kicker horribly shanking the gamewinning FG.  TCU looked like the better, faster, stronger team from start to finish and Michigan is fortunate they weren't blown out.  Anyways, if both teams bring their A game tonight Georgia wins but if Georgia brings their B game to TCU's A game TCU can win.

Not only that…Georgia was basically playing at home in that game. Ohio State likely wins it if Day doesn’t call two stupid pass plays (one was almost picked and Stroud was sacked on the second) to set up the shanked FG. No Day didn’t fuck up the kick but they should have kept it on the ground if they were going to run the plays. Georgia played to a hometown crowd for their CFP playoff. TCU and Meatchicken at least had to go to Zona. I mean shit. I think TCU winning bothers people for reasons other than they’d care to admit. Go Frogs. Spit blood in their eyes! 

On a lighter note, what Dykes did his year was offer a blueprint for schools like them to get this far. Very effective use of the portal (15 slots he had to fill.) sure having upperclassmen matters but people act like that’s the only factor with guys who had to learn a brand new offensive scheme and defensive formation from a brand new staff (save the two staff members Dykes kept from Patterson’s staff.) 

I will smile huge when TCU wins the big one for the little guys. It’s why I love college football. What Dykes did can be replicated. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Not only that…Georgia was basically playing at home in that game. Ohio State likely wins it if Day doesn’t call two stupid pass plays (one was almost picked and Stroud was sacked on the second) to set up the shanked FG. No Day didn’t fuck up the kick but they should have kept it on the ground if they were going to run the plays. Georgia played to a hometown crowd for their CFP playoff. TCU and Meatchicken at least had to go to Zona. I mean shit. I think TCU winning bothers people for reasons other than they’d care to admit. Go Frogs. Spit blood in their eyes! 

On a lighter note, what Dykes did his year was offer a blueprint for schools like them to get this far. Very effective use of the portal (15 slots he had to fill.) sure having upperclassmen matters but people act like that’s the only factor with guys who had to learn a brand new offensive scheme and defensive formation from a brand new staff (save the two staff members Dykes kept from Patterson’s staff.) 
I will smile huge when TCU wins the big one for the little guys. It’s why I love college football. What Dykes did can be replicated. 

Filling your roster with transfers isn’t some new tangled idea. Bill Snyder made a career of it. The portal only accelerates the process, it’s not like it is something entirely new.

Just now, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

will badass RB Miller play? Georgia is so lucky to have tOSU lose Harrison, Michigan lose Corum, and TCU perhaps lose Miller.  Golden Highway for the sidewalk poopers. 

Did you notice how many starting QB's didn't play against TCU this year?  It was uncanny. 

1 minute ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Did you notice how many starting QB's didn't play against TCU this year?  It was uncanny. 

Do we count Ewers or not, because still not sure what the fuck that was that night?

It's crazy to think that in terms of shutting down the TCU offense that I would guarantee the Georgia coaches have watched tape of what the Texas defense did this week.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

Do we count Ewers or not, because still not sure what the fuck that was that night?

It's crazy to think that in terms of shutting down the TCU offense that I would guarantee the Georgia coaches have watched tape of what the Texas defense did this week.  

Yeah, I thought about inserting a joke about Ewers but thought better of it.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

How many of the 15 are core contributors to what TCU has done?

If I have to choose between my 23 year old 3 star OL having to learn a new system or my 19 year old 5 star freshman learning it or my 20 year old sophomore with a year in the system, I take the 23 year old guy. Almost every single time. Probably over the likes of Banks, and he’s a couple of standard deviations badass. Now, skill positions other than QB, maybe not so much. 

But, yeah, the portal could very well be the new, or additional, JUCO method of building a team. 

Before we cast a bust of Dykes, though, let’s remember Duggan is playing only because the guy he wanted to start got hurt. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

So what you’re saying is the GA QB will come down with a case of drop foot tonite. I kid. I don’t want any injuries.  I’m really not up for him bawling on tv tonite regardless. Dude cries at the drop of a hat. I put my faith in the QB that recovered from Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome after having open heart surgery and then came back to play only to be told he’d be riding the bench. Instead of growing a mullet and hopping into the transfer portal worked his ass off as a backup and helped the guy who’d been chosen over him. Max Duggan is the real deal. Should have won the Heisman over that fingernail painting asswipe. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Yeah, Georgia's schedule this year is a bit of a joke and it's why I won't include them in GOAT team conversations if they win tonight.  They didn't play anyone worth a damn on the road (@South Carolina before they put it together, @Missouri, @Mississippi State, @Kentucky) and to top it off they looked like shit in two of those games.  They played their biggest game of the year at home (Tennessee) and their next 3 biggest games at "neutral" Atlanta.  I don't think they would still be undefeated if they had to play a couple ranked teams in hostile environments.  Beating good teams on the road is very hard in college football, just ask Alabama.  2022 Georgia never had to do it and they struggled twice against mediocre teams on the road.

• Hook 'Em 1