CFP National Championship Game: #1 Georgia vs #3 TCU.

FartingDreamer

6 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Look at this soft ass schedule for next year

b60b9642642266f4bc45dbcc3c34882b.jpg

That OOC schedule would make the aggy blush. They also drew an awful team from the West and a mediocre team in Ole Miss. That's a Charmin soft schedule if I've ever seen one.

2 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Patterson may not have been able to get TCU to the championship game.

But he sure as fuck wouldn't have let his team get nuts dragged on their foreheads like this.

I wonder if he is still at the game? I’d also be interested in what he is thinking about now.

Just now, redswingline said:

this has to be one of the few times where making it to the title game is actually worse for your program than not making it

Yep, a close loss to Michigan looks better than this. This is actually a negative for TCU and obviously the Big 12. K-State got trounced by Bama who didn't even win their division. 

Except that Brown did NOT totally commit to the idea of pumping up Colt's stats.  My favorite what if topic.  Because Mack was too busy being a "gentleman" to other teams by not running up the score, he started McCoy in the 2nd half of the game against directional Florida school in November, and McCoy was there to HAND OFF in the 2nd half.   This was Mack's golden opportunity to get GG some playing time against real live competition with the first team.  GG obviously needed that half of football so the 1st team receivers could get used to his fastball, much faster than Colt's ball.  I, along with others, predicted GG would need to be ready.  He wasn't, but more importantly the receivers were not ready for GG's ball. 

I’ve seen “Texas would have won if Colt didn’t get hurt,” and that’s very possible. “Texas would have won if GG threw some passes against UCF” is quite the take.

Just now, UTEX_ME said:

Yep, a close loss to Michigan looks better than this. This is actually a negative for TCU and obviously the Big 12. K-State got trounced by Bama who didn't even win their division. 

Yup. But they literally gave up, not even trying to tackle or block anyone. That's what makes the look even worse.