CFP National Championship Game: #1 Georgia vs #3 TCU.

FartingDreamer

This is 100x worse than the beating Bama put on Cincy last season. So many people are clamoring over an expanded playoff, yet they can't even put together two competitive playoff games from year to year. Usually end up with a good game and several blowouts.
This is such a flawed way of thinking. USC, Bama, Clemson and even Tennessee and others would have made for way better opponents than TCU. You're telling me TCU is a top 4 team? Not even close. And if they had a real playoff, they would have been knocked off a long time ago.

Just because college football has the dumbest way to pick a playoff, doesn't mean more teams would be pointless. Quite the opposite. This should show you we need way more teams.

TCU is a product of a trash conference. That's all.

1 minute ago, redswingline said:

i forgot how much of an idiot herbshit is.

his dumb ass just said the big 12s and pac 12s don't belong with the big 10s of the world

you mean that same b1g that went 0-fer in the playoffs, including against completely fraudulent tcu?

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/8/2023 at 11:08 AM, PittsburghTiger said:

For me, what I am most interested in seeing in this game is UGa’s defensive line and linebackers against TCU’s attempt to run the ball. Ohio State is not really a powerful running team right now, so that was not a great example.

TCU was wonderful running the ball against Michigan. If they can run the ball against UGa I think they have a good shot. Conversely, TCU’s DL whipped Michigan’s running game. Can they do the same in this one? I don’t think they will.

I think UGa wins but, I also think it will be a good game. I don’t think UGa slaughters them.

I was partially in the right. 254 yards rushing to 36

39 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

It's really hard to believe LSU put up 30 points on Georgia in the SEC championship game a few weeks ago. 

Ohio State should have been in this game tonight and won by 30 as the national champion. 

It had the semi won with Georgia beat. Stroud was incredible. Day coached a fantastic game except for the final 1 minute of it and then went sideways, no other explanation. 

He'll carry that to his grave while wayward Michigan grads take time to dance opon it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

This is such a flawed way of thinking. USC, Bama, Clemson and even Tennessee and others would have made for way better opponents than TCU. You're telling me TCU is a top 4 team? Not even close. And if they had a real playoff, they would have been knocked off a long time ago.

Just because college football has the dumbest way to pick a playoff, doesn't mean more teams would be pointless. Quite the opposite. This should show you we need way more teams.

The conference was actually pretty damn good this year. It was extremely competitive. We probably should’ve had like four or five 9-3 teams rather than one going 12-1. TCU was a 4-loss team without all their insane luck this season.
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Ohio State should have been in this game tonight and won by 30 as the national champion. 

It had the semi won with Georgia beat. Stroud was incredible. Day coached a fantastic game except for the final 1 minute of it and then went sideways, no other explanation. 

He'll carry that to his grave while wayward Michigan grads take time to dance opon it. 

Counterpoint fuck Todd Day and fuck tOSU

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

The conference was actually pretty damn good this year. It was extremely competitive. We probably should’ve had like four or five 9-3 teams rather than one going 12-1. TCU was a 4-loss team without all their insane luck this season.

"luck" had nothing to do with them coming back to beat Baylor on the road. Duggan willed that team to a win in the 4Q along with FG execution that was as perfect as you could get. A resilient team that refused to be beaten and didn't allow it. Hats off to them.

I don't give a shit about TCU and it getting destroyed tonight, whatever. But it had a great season and luck was the last thing that was involved.

23 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Yeah, by someone like Michigan!  Who beat a team that had Georgia beat last week.

• Hook 'Em 1