CFP National Championship Game: #1 Georgia vs #3 TCU.

FartingDreamer

1 hour ago, nnm said:

Week to week grind.  Iron sharpens iron.  Just wait 'til the SEC.  Can't believe how bad the B12 is.

Who does that sound like?

UGA and Bama are heads and shoulders above CFB.  MissSU, Vandy, Mizzou, USCar, UK, aggy, etc., etc., are not.  UT is not going to play UGA and Bama every week.  They'll play the rest of those teams week to week.  Depending on the alignments, UT may even be able to dodge at least one of the heavyweights for decades, as aggy has.  Some years the other SEC teams have very good seasons.  But so do USCal, OrU, tOSU, UM, OUsux, TCU, etc.  

SEC isn't some magical conference that dispenses unworldly competitive levels on every member simply by association.  

Don't be aggy.

Oh, so i guess the 505 players from the SEC currently on NFL rosters all played at Bama and Georgia then.

1 hour ago, nnm said:

Week to week grind.  Iron sharpens iron.  Just wait 'til the SEC.  Can't believe how bad the B12 is.

Who does that sound like?

UGA and Bama are heads and shoulders above CFB.  MissSU, Vandy, Mizzou, USCar, UK, aggy, etc., etc., are not.  UT is not going to play UGA and Bama every week.  They'll play the rest of those teams week to week.  Depending on the alignments, UT may even be able to dodge at least one of the heavyweights for decades, as aggy has.  Some years the other SEC teams have very good seasons.  But so do USCal, OrU, tOSU, UM, OUsux, TCU, etc.  

SEC isn't some magical conference that dispenses unworldly competitive levels on every member simply by association.  

Don't be aggy.

Texas entering the conference is going to weaken Bama, you could argue that it already has to a small degree. Bama and tOSU can no longer come into Texas and take the top 5-8 guys in state like they could when we were down bad. I say that knowing full well the sick class they just signed, but they only signed 2 texas kids, and neither were top guys in their position group. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

The year before VY went all VY on USC, they pounded OU 55-19 in the title game.

That was a brutal beatdown for a championship game, but it was STILL a closer contest than TCU/Georgia.

All these years later, all anyone remembers is OU getting fucking exposed.  Not some magical season to get there, just the absolute pantsing USC gave them.

That's what will be remembered years from now for tcu.  Not the storybook season, just the slasher film ending.

I'd personally rather not be associated with those games on that stage.  We've had our share if humiliating outings over the last 10 years, but never on that stage and never with that much on the line.  Playing in the game is good...unless it's like that.  I don't see how you can argue a game like that can ever be a good thing.

That's because it wasn't anywhere near a magical season for them in 2004. Maybe you could make that argument in 2000 had the 2000 OU team got manhandled like that against FSU but even that is a stretch. There is no parallel between that OU team & this TCU team other than they caught a beating in the NC game.

OU is a blue-blood - TCU is very much not a blue-blood. They entered that season ranked #2 & stayed there all season - TCU entered unranked off of a 5-7 season and staff change after outing the best coach in their history. They dominated everyone that year outside of OSU - TCU sneaked through the season by the skin of their teeth with multiple "how did they win that game" games. They had already begun to establish themselves as a national powerhouse under Stoops having won the NC in 2000 & coulda/would/shoulda gone to back-to-back NC games in 2003 & 2004 had they not shit themselves in the Big 12 CCG against KSU - TCU was coming off of a 5-7 season & 2 .500 seasons (not counting 2020) before this season. Even after that beating OU knew they'd be back relatively soon - TCU may be better than people think because of the portal, but highly unlikely make the NC again anytime soon.

I don't think anyone ever WANTS to get blown out, but you can ask most any fanbase in the world that hasn't been to a NC game in 50+ years if they'd take TCU's season this year including the beatdown in the NC game & I could almost guarantee you they'd all say yes. Hell it hasn't been 30 years & I'm already beginning to feel this with the Cowboys.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, tbone_ said:

I’ll bet you $1,000 that we don’t win the SEC in our first 10 years in the conference. And believe me, I’d be happy to pay that bet.

We have always won the conference championship in football for our first and last year as members. Granted, the streak is only at 3 opportunities so far.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, hook me said:

That's because it wasn't anywhere near a magical season for them in 2004.

I understand what you're saying, but disagree.

Outside of fans of the school, no one will remember anything about a magical season that ends in a humiliating blowout other than the humiliating blowout.

10 years from now, all anyone will remember about tcu's season is that they had a shot to win it all and got trounced.

18 minutes ago, hook me said:

That's because it wasn't anywhere near a magical season for them in 2004. Maybe you could make that argument in 2000 had the 2000 OU team got manhandled like that against FSU but even that is a stretch. There is no parallel between that OU team & this TCU team other than they caught a beating in the NC game.

OU is a blue-blood - TCU is very much not a blue-blood. They entered that season ranked #2 & stayed there all season - TCU entered unranked off of a 5-7 season and staff change after outing the best coach in their history. They dominated everyone that year outside of OSU - TCU sneaked through the season by the skin of their teeth with multiple "how did they win that game" games. They had already begun to establish themselves as a national powerhouse under Stoops having won the NC in 2000 & coulda/would/shoulda gone to back-to-back NC games in 2003 & 2004 had they not shit themselves in the Big 12 CCG against KSU - TCU was coming off of a 5-7 season & 2 .500 seasons (not counting 2020) before this season. Even after that beating OU knew they'd be back relatively soon - TCU may be better than people think because of the portal, but highly unlikely make the NC again anytime soon.

I don't think anyone ever WANTS to get blown out, but you can ask most any fanbase in the world that hasn't been to a NC game in 50+ years if they'd take TCU's season this year including the beatdown in the NC game & I could almost guarantee you they'd all say yes. Hell it hasn't been 30 years & I'm already beginning to feel this with the Cowboys.

Depends on how the sale is pitched....what if the pitch is "Hey...do you want to win a bunch of close games, end up losing 2 of your last 3, and not win the Conference Championship?

3 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Outside of fans of the school, no one will remember anything about a magical season that ends in a humiliating blowout other than the humiliating blowout.

10 years from now, all anyone will remember about tcu's season is that they had a shot to win it all and got trounced.

Outside of fans of the school no one remembers jack shit about other schools seasons (except maybe rivals). Does anyone outside of UT or Miami fans care that Miami beat our ass in the Cotton Bowl? Nope. 10 years from now no one is going to remember anything about this season unless it was a special season for them (UGA, TCU, Tulane, TENN maybe, USC because of the heisman) because no one else's season mattered this year. For most TCU fans, this season will go down as one of their favorites along with the time they got screwed by the playoff committee & the years Dalton took them to the Fiesta Bowl & Rose Bowl. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Nobody really cares about the regular season, if you’re playing for a national title it’s known you had a great season. For TCU the blowout will be remembered, but also that they were there, which separates them from the rest of the new Big 12 and the other non bluebloods, that they played for a national title which none of us have accomplished. If anything your argument goes to the point that their lack of a conference title isn’t something anyone will remember. It’ll be remembered that they played for a national title (good) and got blown out (bad). I think any of us would take that because the good is a big big deal for the non bluebloods.

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hook me said:

They had already begun to establish themselves as a national powerhouse under Stoops having won the NC in 2000 & coulda/would/shoulda gone to back-to-back NC games in 2003 & 2004 had they not shit themselves in the Big 12 CCG against KSU - 

They actually did go to back to back NC title games in 03 and 04, despite shitting themselves vs KSU in the 03 big12 title game.  

Edited by Not a cat

On 1/9/2023 at 10:54 PM, Horn80 said:

Gilbert actually accounted for himself very well overall in that game but for stupid shovel pass play called before halftime.  On the left side blindside hit late in the game, he was going deep and if connected, very possibly been a huge play letting Texas take the lead and possibly win.  But he got smashed before getting it off and Alabama scored.  

He accounted for himself well except for the 5 turnovers he personally committed.

On 1/10/2023 at 11:01 AM, Pam Cummings said:

I think it's obviously great what Georgia has built, but college football is definitely all about stacking as much talent as possible and the coaches don't have to do shit on game day when it's this much of a mis match. Just grumble some meathead shit about hunting and kicking ass, every play you call is the right one, and roll the fuck out of some seriously inferior talent.

Kirby did a great job preparing for this game.  Every play on offense worked pretty much the entire first half.  They did a lot of different things.  And they mostly shut TCU down on defense.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2023 at 12:03 AM, DanTheHorn said:

Reminds me of 2001 when everyone thought Miami would bitch slap whom ever got to the MNC game. Well we were cheering like crazy to make it there before Brown, GDGD and Simms put an end to the dream.

Yeah, but I still wasn't terribly disappointed that we weren't there to be bitch slapped.

On 1/11/2023 at 4:18 PM, Macklemore said:

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/clarke-county/more-freshmen-want-ugas-winning-streak-application-numbers-spike/VVCMRJEZFVBFZOBFZJULQVSWAA/
UGA has gotten almost 40,000 freshman applications. It’s a relatively hard school to get in for above average students from suburban school districts. It used to be a lot easier 

I know kids who got into Cornell, Georgia Tech and Florida who got wait listed at Georgia.  One who got into Tulane who got rejected by Georgia.  Its become really difficult to get into, especially if you went to a good HS.  Their Ag school is their best program and they are having trouble getting students they want because admission is done overall.

UGA used to import Texas students.  They would recruit in Texas in the 90s and early 00s.  One sorority was known as the "Texas" sorority.  But now, Georgia is exporting students to Alabama, Tennessee and Mississippi.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Ah. I just happen to think that the guys who play football at Texas have aspirations to play in the NFL. They will be better served and more prepared to go to the NFL if they are able to play against better competition from week to week. I think that Texas will produce better NFL talent due to this move. Whether that translates to having a lot of team success, who knows. But i certainly understand why you and others in our fanbase would be skeptical.

SEC is going to be better, but over the last 10 years, the Big 12 is usually the #2 conference even without the NFL talent.

In 2021, the Pac 12 wasn't even the 5th best conference.

3 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Well I remember the shock the world tour as well as the magical 1977 season with parades on the drag following a 5-5-1 year.  Yeah, I remember those two Cotton Bowls also.

Don't know what non-Longhorns remember.

1 hour ago, bullet said:

Well I remember the shock the world tour as well as the magical 1977 season with parades on the drag following a 5-5-1 year.  Yeah, I remember those two Cotton Bowls also.

Don't know what non-Longhorns remember.

Do you? Because nobody who watched both of those two Cotton Bowls would think the 1978 Cotton Bowl is comparable to the 1991 Cotton Bowl. The 1991 Cotton Bowl tanked the program for years. We wouldn't even be Bowl eligible again until the glorious season we lost to Rice in 1994. Miami was laughing at us, they knew we were pathetic joke. I mean sure the 1978 game was a rough loss and all and the score looked bad but it was not even close to that. We play Notre Dame 10 times we probably still win 4 or 5 times, it just wasn't our day that day. Not even remotely close to 1991.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, bullet said:

He accounted for himself well except for the 5 turnovers he personally committed.

Uhm, no.  The shovel pass turnover which resulted in Alabama TD before halftime was on Greg Davis terrible play call, another turn over was from unblocked blindside hit to Gilbert while passing, and one turn over came from interception bounced off multiple players.  Texas was losing at halftime 24-6 and late in the 4th quarter Gilbert got it back to 24-21 with two TD passes  then the unblocked blindside hit happened which resulted in Alabama getting the ball on Texas 3 yard line.  

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Horn80 said:

Uhm, no.  The shovel pass turnover which resulted in Alabama TD before halftime was on Greg Davis terrible play call, another turn over was from unblocked blindside hit to Gilbert while passing, and one turn over came from interception bounced off multiple players.  Texas was losing at halftime 24-6 and late in the 4th quarter Gilbert got it back to 24-21 with two TD passes  then the unblocked blindside hit happened which resulted in Alabama getting the ball on Texas 3 yard line.  

Like you just pointed out-5 turnovers by Gilbert.

23 hours ago, tbone_ said:

100% agreed. But any objective observer can realize TCU had a better season in the big 12 than Kstate did. Also I don’t recall seeing anyone who thinks the big 12 method of determining a champion isn’t stupid.

That said, rules are rules so no banner for TCU. Doesn’t make it not stupid.

Aren’t the other conferences going to divisionless conference championship game setups? 

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Aren’t the other conferences going to divisionless conference championship game setups? 

Some are, but they can't, and won't, play a full roundrobin before that.

Of course the new B12 won't be playing a full roundrobin either, so 2022 represents the final year of this particular example of B12 idiocy.

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

With the new 12 team playoff format, CCGs should be going away if the conferences are smart. If you have a CCG with two top 10 teams, and one of them takes a loss, you could lose a playoff spot because of it. Or, if your front runner gets upset, you also lose a playoff game. The Playoff games should be far more valuable than a CCG in terms of revenue. 

3 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

With the new 12 team playoff format, CCGs should be going away if the conferences are smart. If you have a CCG with two top 10 teams, and one of them takes a loss, you could lose a playoff spot because of it. Or, if your front runner gets upset, you also lose a playoff game. The Playoff games should be far more valuable than a CCG in terms of revenue. 

Which is why I’ve wanted to see the conference championship games as a de facto or actual first round playoff game. They’d be more meaningful and memorable. Without a round robin I’m not sure how to fairly determine who participates in the CCG.

13 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Some are, but they can't, and won't, play a full roundrobin before that.

Of course the new B12 won't be playing a full roundrobin either, so 2022 represents the final year of this particular example of B12 idiocy.

Well I will miss it. Round Robin was traditional and the best way to do it.

Ah well. Next year Texas officially enters its era of super conferences.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Valmy77 said:

Well I will miss it. Round Robin was traditional and the best way to do it.

Ah well. Next year Texas officially enters its era of super conferences.

Oh yeah I love the full roundrobin.  It's the full roundrobin plus CCG that's stupid.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 1/11/2023 at 7:23 AM, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Playing highly ranked teams in nfl stadiums in close proximity to Athens impresses nobody. 

Actually it does? Our schedule was ranked higher than any Big XII teams' schedule this year, btw. It makes zero sense to discount nonconformist games against ranked teams because they are at neutral sites. BTW, Charlotte is a home game for Clempson if Atlanta is for UGA. If you followed CFB, you would realize UGA has had more crushing losses in Atlanta than anywhere else since 2017. 

No offense, but you are completely clueless on this. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/11/2023 at 9:19 AM, Kyrie Eleison said:

fuck off with that shit.  we consistently play a much better non-con than most anyone in the conference.  next year we play at FSU, 2024 we have USC (in Vegas) and UCLA both on the sched.  and yes, we travel for our non-cons (the past few years have seen us play away from home vs Texas, UCLA, Wisconsin, and Miami.  

your OOC sucks balls…consistently.  your team, however, does not.  

We played two power 5 nonconference games during the seasons we won NCs. Two of those games were at neutral sites against highly ranked teams. As I stated in the post you responded to, UGA has scheduled much tougher series going forward than the ones you listed for LSU. 

And we had OU scheduled for 2023 but the SEC forced us to cancel. 

Also, LSU is not handicapped by a power 5 instate rivalry we play every year and a neutral site SEC game. These combine to take one home game away from us every year and make it more difficult to schedule tough nonconf games, although as I have stated repeatedly, we schedule regardless .

So fuck off with your BS one-offs vs UCLA and FSU. Those were weak-ass games when you schedule them and you still managed to embarrass the league and lose them. Pathetic! 

On 1/11/2023 at 9:32 AM, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Your FSU game is in Orlando. Probably at camping world stadium. Not a true road test. Probably a LSU home game if I were a betting man.

And also LSU plays in Vegas??? My dear lord. Get the national guard on standby

Again, clueless on everything. FSU will be the de facto home team in Orlando. Have you ever looked at a map? Yikes

Again, clueless on everything. FSU will be the de facto home team in Orlando. Have you ever looked at a map? Yikes

How the fuck am I supposed to know who “we” is in a pissing contest between two non Longhorns in a thread about a game between two schools that aren’t Texas???
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Tomatillo said:

UGA has scheduled much tougher series going forward than the ones you listed for LSU. 

These combine to take one home game away from us every year and make it more difficult to schedule tough nonconf games, although as I have stated repeatedly, we schedule regardless .

Certainly, Georgia should be congratulated for a great 2022 season. In fact, with regard to Georgia, I have a special place in my heart ... or, a place about 15 inches lower because of a young lady, a Georgia coed at the time, with whom I enjoyed certain lascivious delights decades ago. [Imagine, pubic hair trimmed into a heart shape and dyed pink for Valentine's Day]. Ah, but I digress.

Non-conference games is a topic that you should probably steer clear of since Georgia's murderous non-con 2023 schedule consists of the following:

University of Tennessee Martin (are they called the Deans by any chance);

Ball State (they should be called the fighting testicles);

UAB (The Fighting Targaryens?), and;

Georgia Tech (who has one of the best fight songs).

Now yes, in 2024, Georgia does have Clempson, 2025 at UCLA.

Hopefully, with the addition of Texas and BlowU to the SEC, the powderpuff opponent in November will be replaced with a conference game.

9 hours ago, Tomatillo said:

We played two power 5 nonconference games during the seasons we won NCs. Two of those games were at neutral sites against highly ranked teams. As I stated in the post you responded to, UGA has scheduled much tougher series going forward than the ones you listed for LSU. 

Also, LSU is not handicapped by a power 5 instate rivalry we play every year and a neutral site SEC game. These combine to take one home game away from us every year and make it more difficult to schedule tough nonconf games, although as I have stated repeatedly, we schedule regardless .

So fuck off with your BS one-offs vs UCLA and FSU. Those were weak-ass games when you schedule them and you still managed to embarrass the league and lose them. Pathetic! 

motherfucker you play that game in Atlanta…a fucking HOME game for you leghumpers… and a shit schedule in the East.  don’t give me that handicapped shit. fucker, i went to law school in Georgia, i know exactly what’s up.  

you play shit teams and have a shit schedule.  it’s why we routinely school your weak ass. 

enjoy while you can…we’re tailgrabbing your ass.   

Edited by Kyrie Eleison
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

motherfucker you play that game in Atlanta…a fucking HOME game for you leghumpers… and a shit schedule in the East.  don’t give me that handicapped shit. fucker, i went to law school in Georgia, i know exactly what’s up.  
you play shit teams and have a shit schedule.  it’s why we routinely school your weak ass. 

Wait, you’re a lawyer?
  • Haha 2

On 1/12/2023 at 10:28 PM, Horn80 said:

The shovel pass was almost certainly a Mack call. He overruled at least half of GDGD's calls in every game. Other than worki ng for Mack, GD was a .500 OC at best. It was also a pretty damn good call. If the LG (IIRC) had turned the Bama DL (same guy who injured mcCoy) outside instead of inside and Squints had put the ball in the receiver's hands from five feet away, that was 6 - there was absolutely nothing but green in front of Monroe. Damned good call, poor execution.

The destruction of Squints late in the 4th Q was obviously 100% on himself. The dozens of people I watched the game with saw the Bama guy lined up outside with nothing between him and the QB; I don't think Gilbert even looked at him or saw him coming. Freshman shit play. Boom had shut Bama out the whole second half while Gilbert was throwing almost nothing but INC aft INC. We had the game down to 3 points with six minutes left. We had no heroes left. The two Bama scores at the end were meaningless.

The main thing most of us took away from the game was that Mack had made basically ZERO preparations throughout the season to have a backup QB ready. Fuck, when McCoy went down, we had quite a bit of injury T-O, but Squints was so rattled that we had to waste a reak T-O while he looked for his helmet.

The next season absolutely verified that Mack was a thin-skinned excuse-making shithead. So bad at building a new team that he set the all-time record for worst drop-off after appearing in a National Championship game - from #2 to #75 (ballpark) in a single season. Muschamp at least convinced DeLoss and the crew to get rid of GDGD, although they refused to bring in Holgorsen as desired by our HCIW and instead got Harsin as Mack wanteed, but made him wear a little shoulder-saddle and carry Applewhite around. And got the big dogs to give him three more years ostensibly to fix the mess he'd made himself. Which he didn't.

So next our West-coast idiot President hired Charlie Strong.

And here we are, with a nice-guy recovering alcoholic with an anemic record as a Head Coach. 

Ya-fucking-hoo.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tex Long said:

The shovel pass was almost certainly a Mack call. He overruled at least half of GDGD's calls in every game. Other than worki ng for Mack, GD was a .500 OC at best. It was also a pretty damn good call. If the LG (IIRC) had turned the Bama DL (same guy who injured mcCoy) outside instead of inside and Squints had put the ball in the receiver's hands from five feet away, that was 6 - there was absolutely nothing but green in front of Monroe. Damned good call, poor execution.

The destruction of Squints late in the 4th Q was obviously 100% on himself. The dozens of people I watched the game with saw the Bama guy lined up outside with nothing between him and the QB; I don't think Gilbert even looked at him or saw him coming. Freshman shit play. Boom had shut Bama out the whole second half while Gilbert was throwing almost nothing but INC aft INC. We had the game down to 3 points with six minutes left. We had no heroes left. The two Bama scores at the end were meaningless.

The main thing most of us took away from the game was that Mack had made basically ZERO preparations throughout the season to have a backup QB ready. Fuck, when McCoy went down, we had quite a bit of injury T-O, but Squints was so rattled that we had to waste a reak T-O while he looked for his helmet.

The next season absolutely verified that Mack was a thin-skinned excuse-making shithead. So bad at building a new team that he set the all-time record for worst drop-off after appearing in a National Championship game - from #2 to #75 (ballpark) in a single season. Muschamp at least convinced DeLoss and the crew to get rid of GDGD, although they refused to bring in Holgorsen as desired by our HCIW and instead got Harsin as Mack wanteed, but made him wear a little shoulder-saddle and carry Applewhite around. And got the big dogs to give him three more years ostensibly to fix the mess he'd made himself. Which he didn't.

So next our West-coast idiot President hired Charlie Strong.

And here we are, with a nice-guy recovering alcoholic with an anemic record as a Head Coach. 

Ya-fucking-hoo.

Disagree about shovel pass.  It was obvious that Gilbert was rattled and the best thing to do was to run out the clock and get into halftime and let him settle down.  There was not enough time on clock for Texas to score on that play regardless if it was we’ll executed. 

Disagree about blindside hit.  Don’t remember his name but Texas OL man, who was an All-American, completely let the rusher run by him untouched which possibly cost Texas a shot a winning the game.  That blindside hit turnover was on the OL.

Agree about Mack making no preparations throughout the season which I mentioned in earlier comment.  Your comment about Squints being very rattled is also why Texas really needed to get into the locker room at halftime asap.

Agree that Mack was thin-skinned and him switching the offense to Alabama type the next season was beyond stupid.

Absolutely Strong was terrible hire.  Without Teddy Bridgewater, he wouldn’t have won at Louisville.

Sark probably got at least couple more seasons to show if he’s the right guy but I have serious doubts but hope I’m wrong.

Edited by Horn80
  • Like 1

Here’s my remembrance.

Stupid shovel pass call. I recall as does Horn 80 that there was little time. We ran the same thing in the Big 12 championship. Similar spot. Game before. I assume Bama watched that film. That play only works if you fool the defense.

On the late fumble. Bama showed 1 more than we could block. The line blocked right. So yeah I think it was Gilbert’s issue but sorta understandable. Pretty great defensive call actually.

Other plays. Bullshit no call on Terrance Cody on their goal line play. Williams dropped a TD. Shipley may have too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

we can substitute and we can simplify. tail is often used in lieu of ass; = we're  assgrabbing your ass

we could also divide each side by ass. 

we're  assgrabbing your ass

------------               ------     (assgrabbing / ass = grabbing; ass/ass = 1, or ass)

ass                              ass

two possible solutions:

= we're  assgrabbing your ass

= we're grabbing your ass.

Edited by redswingline

Here’s my remembrance.

Stupid shovel pass call. I recall as does Horn 80 that there was little time. We ran the same thing in the Big 12 championship. Similar spot. Game before. I assume Bama watched that film. That play only works if you fool the defense.

On the late fumble. Bama showed 1 more than we could block. The line blocked right. So yeah I think it was Gilbert’s issue but sorta understandable. Pretty great defensive call actually.

Other plays. Bullshit no call on Terrance Cody on their goal line play. Williams dropped a TD. Shipley may have too.
Yep there was a terrible dropped TD pass that would have given us the lead back. Gilbert dropped a dime. Absolutely can't have that when we have a freshman qb and doing everything to survive.

Also didn't help that on both opening drives, we settled for 3 very deep inside Bama territory. Especially after the special teams turnover. Get 14 on those drives and I think the game plays out much different. We have a tad more room for error. Only getting 6 coupled with Colt being injured was a very bad sign of things to come.