Brazil going nuts

Sawbonz

Why don't we let Brazil determine that? Nobody here will miss him.

A Brazilian court already determined that.

Hold the fuck on Patricio, shit on this loser all you want, but don't bring The Colonel into this.

I’m a Popeyes and Church’s man myself.

Might not matter.  I think we have an extradition agreement with Brazil and Santos is accused of a crime in Brazil.

I assume is based on the crime (seriousness) but maybe I am wrong. I know that guy that the movie Alpha dog was based on was extradited to the US. But that was murder.
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

Basically because it was a made up city. 
be like if all of the sudden the US decided that DC sucks and the new capitol  should be in some cornfield in Iowa and everything had to be built new. 

Or like if the US decided that New York sucks and that the new capital should be in some swamp in Maryland and everything had to be built new.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Technically Washington DC was a built for purpose capital. We just did it 150 years earlier. Rio sucks anyways (sorry hefe).

I mean, you’re not wrong.  Outside of the beach and a few beautiful sights it really is a shithole.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

Oh the irony.

The former President (being advised by Steve Bannon) is hanging out in Florida while a throng of his supporters ransack the capitol buildings in an ill-fated attempt to overturn the previous election on an early January day. 

"All great world historic-facts and personages appear, so to speak, twice. The first time as tragedy, the second time as farce."

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 2

22 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Y'all remember back when we used to see stories like this and think "Boy, I'm really glad this would never happen in the United States."? Those were the days.

Problem is 35-40% of the population still believes this. Despite January 6. 

36 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Jorge.

I don’t want the dickhead or Bolsonaro in either country. Let’s see if Liberia will take them.

Maybe they disappear from the plane on the way there.  You know, "Dammit, where did they go?"  "I don't know.  They were in their seats a minute ago, then they just vanished."

Maybe they disappear from the plane on the way there.  You know, "Dammit, where did they go?"  "I don't know.  They were in their seats a minute ago, then they just vanished."

I’m in, only because that sounds like possible weekend at Bernie’s hi-jinx.

I was trying to post a pic of alleged Brazilian shaman. But the pic was removed from reddit.

6 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

What a coincidence Bolsonaro is out of country.

Actually I don’t know how this wasn’t foreseen, if it wasn’t. Doesn’t Brasilia have some of the worst traffic jams in the world? Probably should’ve seen some kind of traffic blip

It absolutely was known, the city/state leadership chose to do nothing. They already “apologized” to Lula who basically said fuck your apology. Cops were taking fucking selfies with insurrectionists at first. Heads gonna roll.

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Send him back and deal appropriately with every cksucker who shows up to welcome him home.  Just don't make a hero out of him like some of our press is doing with trump.

Edited by AnTiM

15 hours ago, Welshy said:

What a time to be alive.

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

13 hours ago, texasdago said:

America: where did these idiots learn this?

https://youtu.be/Y-Elr5K2Vuo

12 hours ago, Celery Man said:

This is what is meant by “America first”.

spacer.png

Even with the talk about the decline of empire / a decline of American influence on the world stage, we still got it.

Our soft power still remains supreme.

I guess when the world completely goes to shit, it’ll be because of something we did first.

That’s comforting in a way. A nightmare in another.

But alas……

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

400+ arrested versus how many on January 6?

Since supporters of then-President Donald Trump swarmed the US Capitol on January 6, 2021 — forcing Congress to go into lockdown and damaging the halls of government — at least 978 people have been arrested and charged with crimes

https://www.insider.com/all-the-us-capitol-pro-trump-riot-arrests-charges-names-2021-1?amp

So we're all agreed then, they send their eventual 1000 arrestees, and we send our 1000 arrestees to the Hague.  They are imprisoned there where the best 23 from each side face off in a soccer match dubbed "The Longest Meter."  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Oh for sure. Basically everyone walked free

This is true.  And then I think of Chris Walken in "True Romance" telling Dennis Hopper about how they found out that Clarence did it.  

"And they woulda gotten away with it.  But your daughter Jenna Ryan, fuckhead that she is, left her realtor's license in the dead guy's hands."  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

Even with the talk about the decline of empire / a decline of American influence on the world stage, we still got it.

Our soft power still remains supreme.

I guess when the world completely goes to shit, it’ll be because of something we did first.

That’s comforting in a way. A nightmare in another.

But alas……

America got tired of Europe exporting fascism in the 40s, so now we are doing it. 

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

America got tired of Europe exporting fascism in the 40s, so now we are doing it. 

Not that I condone fascism, or any -ism for that matter. -Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me." Good point there. After all, he was the walrus. I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

America was damn close to being allied with Germany in the late 30s. There's a certain kind of asshole that is able to ignore injustice because it doesn't affect them, like how dubyas grandaddy profiteered of the Nazis rise to power

10 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

It absolutely was known, the city/state leadership chose to do nothing. They already “apologized” to Lula who basically said fuck your apology. Cops were taking fucking selfies with insurrectionists at first. Heads gonna roll.

I muted this dude a while back, he can be a bit much, but I do remember him tweeting about this months ago. Just straight up called it, that they were going to try again in Brazil soon (if Bolsonaro lost).... and here we are. This was all foreseen. 

• Hook 'Em 1

depressing how this would barely be notable in brazil if it hadn't happened here.
i mean no offense to our local brazilians. 
but i mean, we sacked our own capitol, fuck's sake

I don’t think it would go barely notable in Brazil. Brazil has had solid democracy (certainly no worse than the US) since the military dictatorship ended in the 80s. However, had it not happened in the US, most everyone would be indifferent to the news.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I don’t think it would go barely notable in Brazil. Brazil has had solid democracy (certainly no worse than the US) since the military dictatorship ended in the 80s. However, had it not happened in the US, most everyone would be indifferent to the news.

i guess that's what i meant. 

it would of course be notable in brazil and south america at large. probably pretty big news throughout the rest of the world.

i dunno, maybe i'm peevish, because this hits a little close to home now. we used to be able to pretend we were above post election insurrection. that's something that happened "over there," as in brazil or wherever.

i cannot really figure out if bolsonaro is brazil's trump or trump is our bolsonaro, but i fear bolsonaro is the real deal whereas trump is a gypsy grifter.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

i guess that's what i meant. 
it would of course be notable in brazil and south america at large. probably pretty big news throughout the rest of the world.
i dunno, maybe i'm peevish, because this hits a little close to home now. we used to be able to pretend we were above post election insurrection. that's something that happened "over there," as in brazil or wherever.
i cannot really figure out if bolsonaro is brazil's trump or trump is our bolsonaro, but i fear bolsonaro is the real deal whereas trump is a gypsy grifter.

I don’t think he was the second coming of General Branco. However, 10 years ago I would have said another Branco would be impossible. But after seeing the rise of fascism in the US and Brazil in the past 4 years, I am starting to think it’s totally possible.

6 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Fascists don't do it alone.  They get a lot of furrowed brows who pull the lever for them and then act surprised the leopard ate a face.  

1,000,000X THIS.

If you support a fascist candidate/party/movement, no matter how many times you say "but her emails" or "lower taxes," YOU. ARE. A. FASCIST.