NFL Black Monday Thread/Coaching Carousel

cmontexas

Kingleberry will take a couple of years off and concentrate on banging sloots on his yacht or some shit full time, living the lottery life.  He was never a particularly good coach. He just happened to be in the right places at the right time. Not sure how much interest there would be there for any team that would pay him enough to get him on the sidelines. Hopefully, his doucheyness won't be infecting any TV screens in the talking head media. 

No self-respecting coach with any decent credentials should be interested in the Denver job. They have a washed up qb that has crippled their cap for years and no high picks this year to draft a new one. Seattle will be taking that pick for them. What a disaster. 

Edited by DougO

If the cowboys don’t win Monday night, McCarthy needs to buy a one way ticket to Thailand. Yep, that definitely works. 
I wish they would get rid of Kellen Moore and let McCarthy get his own offensive staff in place. Unless McCarthy liked Kellen? He's a leftover from the Garrett era. Same as when Wade Phillips was hired. He had no say that Garrett was his OC. I fear they are grooming Moore like they did Garrett to be the next shitty HC because Jerry is Jerry

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2023 at 10:16 AM, Vic Mackey said:
On 1/15/2023 at 8:58 AM, Mitch Cumsteen said:
If the cowboys don’t win Monday night, McCarthy needs to buy a one way ticket to Thailand. Yep, that definitely works. 

I wish they would get rid of Kellen Moore and let McCarthy get his own offensive staff in place. Unless McCarthy liked Kellen? He's a leftover from the Garrett era. Same as when Wade Phillips was hired. He had no say that Garrett was his OC. I fear they are grooming Moore like they did Garrett to be the next shitty HC because Jerry is Jerry

Let's go 40 years...why the fuck not?

Sean said on the Fox pregame show that has main considerations are QB, FO and ownership. Of the teams that have openings does any team really fit that criteria though? Plus, New Orleans has been hinting at wanting more than a first round pick for SP. I mean maybe Denver checks a box or two? I might wait if I were him and see what comes open next year…but he’ll probably go to Denver. 

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Sean said on the Fox pregame show that has main considerations are QB, FO and ownership. Of the teams that have openings does any team really fit that criteria though? Plus, New Orleans has been hinting at wanting more than a first round pick for SP. I mean maybe Denver checks a box or two? I might wait if I were him and see what comes open next year…but he’ll probably go to Denver. 

Yea, to me it's a coin flip.  Maybe Russ is salvageable?  Guy was considered a top 7 qb this time last year.  Would Sean go to Houston?

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Not sure that's the right hire for Carolina. 

Frank lost control of his team as Head Coach in Indy...

I would have like to see Frank go back to his dual OC/QB whisperer role for some team. Take some time away as a HC. Do like a Dan Quinn thing. Having said that, Irsay will likely stay with Saturday so they can look forward to being worse than the Texans for a while. Texans will likely get Demeco as HC which would be a coup. Lots of rumors about Derek Carr to Miami or Texans. 

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

I would have like to see Frank go back to his dual OC/QB whisperer role for some team. Take some time away as a HC. Do like a Dan Quinn thing. Having said that, Irsay will likely stay with Saturday so they can look forward to being worse than the Texans for a while. Texans will likely get Demeco as HC which would be a coup. Lots of rumors about Derek Carr to Miami or Texans. 

Derek Carr to Houston? Will he get happy-feet like his big bro? Survey sayz: "Yes!"  Lulz.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Brothahorn said:

Definitely not much of an upgrade over Wilks.

Wilks can't catch a break.

It’s a shame. Was hoping they’d keep him on…hopefully he will get picked up. He’s too talented. Some people only see a specific situation with a HC and they hire based off that. Like the Reich/Foles SB connection under Pederson. And so far it’s yielded not very good results as a HC. I give Reich a bit of a pass just because Year over year a different starting QB. Carolina has cap space, ability to bring in a FA QB, draft picks and the division is weak. So Reich should have success. But I liked Wilks.

Where is Denver getting draft picks for Payton?

9 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Not sure that's the right hire for Carolina. 

Frank lost control of his team as Head Coach in Indy...

It's unbelievable the incestuousness of the NFL.   He's a nice guy.  He's not going to take your team to the promised land.  Hell, they saw hours of him on HBO last year.  This is the best candidate they can come up with?

It was only within the last few years that teams figured out a measure of clock management.  If some team would go out on a limb and hire a really smart dude, I'd love to see what he could do with game management.  That's the next frontier.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cmontexas said:

Ryans to Houston seems like the consensus and Arizona obviously needs to hire the Eagles OC so that leaves Irsays Colts and Russ's Broncos as the last 2 jobs and they will both end up hiring whoever is willing to take it. Wilks makes sense for the Broncos

Broncos need a bigger hire than wilks.  Question is can they get it?

Broncos need a bigger hire than wilks.  Question is can they get it?

What does a “bigger” hire get you and who would that be? Big names don’t translate to wins. Carolina should have kept wills; his shitball team responded to him and damn near won their division.I figured Tepper would go with a “big name” as he’s all about that shit instead of Wilks but to bring in Reich instead. Stupid.

I would have kept wilks and let him build his staff. Denver needs a winning coach, not the lumps they’ve had recently. Hire a coach not a scheme.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

What does a “bigger” hire get you and who would that be? Big names don’t translate to wins. Carolina should have kept wills; his shitball team responded to him and damn near won their division.I figured Tepper would go with a “big name” as he’s all about that shit instead of Wilks but to bring in Reich instead. Stupid.

I would have kept wilks and let him build his staff. Denver needs a winning coach, not the lumps they’ve had recently. Hire a coach not a scheme.

What does wilks really bring you?  To me Reich got hosed in Indy.  I’m not advocating for Reich but what’s the allure of wilks?  Damn near won that division?  Ok…….

Last three denver hires have been “who” or “holy crap he’s how old?”