NFL Black Monday Thread/Coaching Carousel

cmontexas

22 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Tepper with Carolina said he wanted to break up the old boys network and then hired Frank Reich.  

OK.

I’m thinking more the Better Off Dead philosophy that he thought it was a damn shame Irsay was throwing away perfectly good white people like that. Lulz. In all seriousness wtf…but I think Reich can help for what it’s worth. They should have kept Wilks imo.

1C4D6B93-DBD5-44A8-B972-29CFE1CF12FE.gif

4 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I’m thinking more the Better Off Dead philosophy that he thought it was a damn shame Irsay was throwing away perfectly good white people like that. Lulz. In all seriousness wtf…but I think Reich can help for what it’s worth. They should have kept Wilks imo.

1C4D6B93-DBD5-44A8-B972-29CFE1CF12FE.gif

1333599320-102-Better-Off-Dead-quotes.gi

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, closetohumping said:

It’s time for the annual “why the hell is Bienemy not getting interviews” talk

too black.

I was on the road driving home from Denver all day and I was LOLing at the folks wanting to say this, ...yet they can't.

It is weird AF, given his results and endorsement from multiple prominent players.

14 minutes ago, slorch said:

too black.

I was on the road driving home from Denver all day and I was LOLing at the folks wanting to say this, ...yet they can't.

It is weird AF, given his results and endorsement from multiple prominent players.

Dan Patrick and herm Edwards were basically saying it.  I’ve heard he doesn’t call plays, doesn’t interview well and has a checkered past.  He’s 53.  I don’t get it

• Like 1

He needs to get away from Reid to shed that perception. It may or may not be true, considering that Reid has had other guys get jobs. Race is probably 3rd on the list after, bad interviews and questions about playcalling considering he has been passed over by teams that previously had black coaches and at least 2 black GMs.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

He needs to get away from Reid to shed that perception. It may or may not be true, considering that Reid has had other guys get jobs. Race is probably 3rd on the list after, bad interviews and questions about playcalling considering he has been passed over by teams that previously had black coaches and at least 2 black GMs.

I wonder if he’s having issues recalling some of the plays he called?

also Gase and Nagy didn’t do him any favors

45 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

I was in college when he was at CU. Rumors were he and Darian Hagan and some of the other players were affiliated with gangs in LA. Not sure if that was true, or if true would it affect things 30 years later. Shouldn’t IMO but I’m not an old white billionaire 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, MIkeHoncho said:

I think Reid is setting him up to take over the Chiefs at this point.  He kept mentioning him right after the SB.  I didn't hear him mention the D coordinator.  Reid is considering retiring and probably angling for EB to take over.

Reid already said he’s returning and one of those insider types said even if Andy left Eric wouldn’t be his replacement 

11 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I was in college when he was at CU. Rumors were he and Darian Hagan and some of the other players were affiliated with gangs in LA. Not sure if that was true, or if true would it affect things 30 years later. Shouldn’t IMO but I’m not an old white billionaire 

He definitely has skeletons in the closet.

On 2/15/2023 at 8:25 PM, Brothahorn said:

I think his biggest hurdles are he's considered the clipboard holder for an offensive genius HC and he's not a fresh faced young white guy who the owners see as themselves at a young age and relate to them. 

If he wants a HC gig he has to leave KC and be OC somewhere else to build his own reputation. It's definitely a risk

I wonder how much his past plays into it. I know he had some legal problems while at Colorado. I doubt it does but I'm not sure.

But the problem is, didn't Todd Haley coach under Reid as the OC and got hired as a head coach pretty quickly? Now yes, he flamed out quickly but he at least got the chance.

As much as he NFL loves failed retreads, I'd figure a team would have taken a shot at him by now. I also wonder if he's trying to wait out Reid and take over KC when he retires and he's content with being the OC right now.

I guess it comes down to did Eric embarrass him or did Andy Reid?
But the point is, a guy most Eagles fans despised as DC just got a head coach gig with very little skins on the wall and was the reason they lost that Super Bowl because he made absolutely no adjustments.

Not sure what's going on with Eric behind the scenes to not even get a shot. His name is always #1 every off-season as to why he's not a head coach yet.

12 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I think his biggest hurdles are he's considered the clipboard holder for an offensive genius HC and he's not a fresh faced young white guy who the owners see as themselves at a young age and relate to them. 

If he wants a HC gig he has to leave KC and be OC somewhere else to build his own reputation. It's definitely a risk

7bjurc.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/15/2023 at 8:14 PM, closetohumping said:

Dan Patrick and herm Edwards were basically saying it.  I’ve heard he doesn’t call plays, doesn’t interview well and has a checkered past.  He’s 53.  I don’t get it

Most new head coaches fail. They hired both coordinators of the losing SB team but not him. So weird tbh.

24 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I mean Weiss and Crennel somehow got head coaching gigs in the NFL and college. His checkered past is way in the past. Still weird that he hasn't gotten a shot at all.

48 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I wonder how much his past plays into it. I know he had some legal problems while at Colorado. I doubt it does but I'm not sure.

But the problem is, didn't Todd Haley coach under Reid as the OC and got hired as a head coach pretty quickly? Now yes, he flamed out quickly but he at least got the chance.

As much as he NFL loves failed retreads, I'd figure a team would have taken a shot at him by now. I also wonder if he's trying to wait out Reid and take over KC when he retires and he's content with being the OC right now.

Todd Haley never coached under Reid.  Doug Peterson did and would a good comparison to Bienemy.  

Maybe it is race, but IMO, Bienemy - on paper - also seems more qualified than many of the black coaches hired recently.  He sure as hell looks more attractive on paper than the Texans last two hires - David Culley and Lovie Smith. 

Edited by Don Johnson
  • Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I presume you mean Matt Nagy and not Todd Haley, but perhaps Nagy's failure in Chicago works against Bieniemy as it is more evidence that the OC position in KC is a glorified Reid fluffer role. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

But the point is, a guy most Eagles fans despised as DC just got a head coach gig with very little skins on the wall and was the reason they lost that Super Bowl because he made absolutely no adjustments.

Not sure what's going on with Eric behind the scenes to not even get a shot. His name is always #1 every off-season as to why he's not a head coach yet.

Did they really?  I thought they had a great defense most of the year

2 hours ago, Don Johnson said:

Todd Haley never coached under Reid.  Doug Peterson did and would a good comparison to Bienemy.  

Maybe it is race, but IMO, Bienemy - on paper - also seems more qualified than many of the black coaches hired recently.  He sure as hell looks more attractive on paper than the Texans last two hires - David Culley and Lovie Smith. 

Those two were hired to be fired 

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

I presume you mean Matt Nagy and not Todd Haley, but perhaps Nagy's failure in Chicago works against Bieniemy as it is more evidence that the OC position in KC is a glorified Reid fluffer role. 

I’m 50/50 on Nagy

Bienemy should go coach college for a few years. Can he be a head coach? Adam Gase, Nathaniel Hackett, and Joe Judge were picked by teams he interviewed with. He has interviewed 16 times for 15 teams. I can’t believe anyone could interview wise than any of those three.

Going to a shitbird team like the skins has high risk. Rivera could be fired. Has no QB. Crazy shitbag owner.

4 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Well he's got his work cut out for him..

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10065983-chiefs-eric-bieniemy-commanders-agree-to-multiyear-contract-as-oc-assistant-hc

3 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Matt Nagy, Doug Pederson, Brad Childress, and Marty Morhinweg were all OCs under Andy Reid and none had play calling duties yet they all became HCs with nary a mention of their lack of play calling duties under Reid.

Just check the Bieniemy past baggage file, and watch several videos of him in detailed conversations.   It's not hard to see why NFL teams won't hire the guy to lead their teams. 

He's not cut out to be a successful NFL Head Coach.

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1