2023 Houston Texans Offseason - A Huge #2

The Earl of Texas

1 minute ago, Rip76 said:

Hearing DeMeco’s statement about the job on 610 fired me up for this hire.

”my dream job”

Cal on 610 in about 8 minutes.

All that shithead should say is “I will never be around and just show up 8 times a year and go directly to the owners box.”

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, The Earl of Texas said:

In no particular order, a summary of all the ‘great’ moves the franchise ever made:

Draft Dre

Hire Kubiak

Draft Watt

Hire Ryans

A sad & short list. But, better days ahead. Great fucking hire.

You forgot Shitcan Easterby….

EDIT - posted before I saw the 5 responses before mine lol.

As far as an OC, I don’t know that we’re going to find an up-and-coming current play caller who’s going to take a lateral move vs a head job of their own. It’s pretty much a young position coach vs a fired-7-times retread…

Edited by Ignatius

2 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Payton will be hitting the bricks.

At least they will be gold bricks

11 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

As far as an OC, I don’t know that we’re going to find an up-and-coming current play caller who’s going to take a lateral move vs a head job of their own. It’s pretty much a young position coach vs a fired-7-times retread…

Maybe someone like Bienemy who, even though has the title of OC, works for an offensive HC that does the play calling and is fully in charge of the scheme and gets all the credit. Bienemy got exactly zero HC interviews during this year’s cycle. He, or someone like him, might wants to try and get his own sunshine to help him make that leap. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Such a great hire! Congrats! Getting the HC right is half the battle. Most fans of NFL teams aren’t happy with their owners but having a competent GM and a terrific head coach puts the team in a great place. Now have to kill it in the draft and in FA. 

Not sure where to go at QB but my favorite in the draft would be Will Levis. To me he’s pretty pro-ready. He’s gotta get better on the INTs. Not saying the obvious picks Stroud and Young can’t be awesome  as well but that’s who I’d target in the draft. Then go for some weapons. Rojo would be awesome to have. This isn’t a deep WR draft…unfortunately. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

Maybe someone like Bienemy who, even though has the title of OC, works for an offensive HC that does the play calling and is fully in charge of the scheme and gets all the credit. Bienemy got exactly zero HC interviews during this year’s cycle. He, or someone like him, might wants to try and get his own sunshine to help him make that leap. 

Times have changed... Bienemy has too much shit in his past.

"Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy’s Troubling Rap Sheet Includes a Disturbing Assault Charge Against a Woman"

https://www.sportscasting.com/chiefs-oc-eric-bieniemys-troubling-rap-sheet-includes-a-disturbing-assault-charge-against-a-woman/

10 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Times have changed... Bienemy has too much shit in his past.

"Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy’s Troubling Rap Sheet Includes a Disturbing Assault Charge Against a Woman"

https://www.sportscasting.com/chiefs-oc-eric-bieniemys-troubling-rap-sheet-includes-a-disturbing-assault-charge-against-a-woman/

Plus, he’s interviewed with at least half or possibly more of the NFL teams over the last few years. That not one has taken a flyer on him is telling. I remember reading somewhere very poor interviews…but there is more because he is associated with/responsible for one of the hottest teams since the Patriots run. So he’s not being interviewed simply to satisfy the Rooney rule but he’s not been hired. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

For all the shit he took, Gary Kubiak's coaching staffs seeded some impressive head coaching talent. 

kubiak is a great, great person 

I used to work with his cousin. We’re standing around the tool shop and a big truck pulls up, out jumps kubiak. His cousin’s dad had passed a couple of weeks ago and he stopped to talk and condolences. Took me and his cousin for lunch. Good times man 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

kubiak is a great, great person 

I used to work with his cousin. We’re standing around the tool shop and a big truck pulls up, out jumps kubiak. His cousin’s dad had passed a couple of weeks ago and he stopped to talk and condolences. Took me and his cousin for lunch. Good times man 

that's a great story. Kubiak had some good moments as head coach and this Arian Foster/Andre Johnson/Owen Daniels fantasy owner loved what he brought to the offense in those years the Texans didn't suck.

• Like 2

Kubiak ran what is now the "Shanahan" offense.  As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I'm pleased he may be plucking an OC from the 49ers staff.  I think that offense is perfect for the NFl because it's "easy" for QBs.  OL coach will be a very important hire. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Planet Houston said:

I’m on record saying the Texans won’t win shit while the McNairs own the team.  But this miiiiiight be the right hire to get them the fuck out of the way and let a football team be a football team.  

that mcnair $$$ pulled a fast one on UT and Rice - UT undergrad, 4 years UT football team and Rice MBA 

all school have shitty grads. im sure both schools racked up those mcnair $$$

8 hours ago, tx ind said:

Hope that Bryce and QJ are available and get drafted by Houston.  That would be ideal.

What would be sweet as shit is if in the lead up to the draft all the buzz is on the DL talent and teams cool on this QB class. Already a lot of smoke that Chicago may keep #1 and get the best player on the board. Maybe another team wants the other top prospect and moves up…or wants their choice of QB while Houston could be indifferent or favor Levis over Young/Stroud. This team needs as much 1st-3rd round talent as it can get. If they take a QB at #2 who flops, it will set the franchise back another two or three seasons. I wouldn’t risk it with any of these QBs. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

image.thumb.jpeg.495cc47b1550cd7aa00552aa19568d53.jpeg

I either forgot or never realized that Tucker was an undrafted free agent that year signed by Baltimore. 

Crazy that four kickers were drafted in 2012 (Fat Randy, Legatron, Blair Walsh, John Potter) and none were named Justin Tucker. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gourmand said:

you sound like a dumbass Yankees or Dodgers fan.

get over it. it's been 16+ years.....

Nah

Plus they picked a horrible name could've been the Houston Hurricanes. 

Color scheme red white and blue REALLY took a creative chance with that lol.

Ruined Andre Johnson's HOF career 

• Hook 'Em 2