2023 Houston Texans Offseason - A Huge #2

The Earl of Texas

12 hours ago, tx ind said:

Hope that Bryce and QJ are available and get drafted by Houston.  That would be ideal.

Just need to hire Kevin Costner as GM and he'll get it done while also trading back into the 1st round to grab the best RB in the draft. Mr. Bijan Robinson!

I mean it worked for me on Madden so...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Rip76 said:

Would you go for another RB in the draft?

I don’t think it would hurt.

Yes, the RBs after Pierce were awful. Johnson would be a great get in the 3rd round, if he’s there. Frankly, the Texans should take a QB, 2 WRs, and a RB. They have like 10 picks in this draft.

• Like 1

I’d like to trade down and draft Levis. Chicago really can’t bluff because it’ll piss Fields off and he could do some crazy shit like requesting a trade. I think they’ll take Anderson.

Really need a team to fall in love with Young/Stroud and hope Levis falls. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

14 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I’d like to trade down and draft Levis. Chicago really can’t bluff because it’ll piss Fields off and he could do some crazy shit like requesting a trade. I think they’ll take Anderson.

Really need a team to fall in love with Young/Stroud and hope Levis falls. 

God no. The best QB in this draft is Young, he has proved it in nearly 30 games. Don't make this complicated.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

God no. The best QB in this draft is Young, he has proved it in nearly 30 games. Don't make this complicated.

Yup.  Get your franchise QB, love the Roschon-middle-rounds idea, and upgrade the O line.  We probably have to sit through one more year of 3 to 6 wins, then load up in the draft again and let's go.  A 2-year turnaround is entirely possible in the NFL these days.

Just now, TexArcher said:

Yup.  Get your franchise QB, love the Roschon-middle-rounds idea, and upgrade the O line.  We probably have to sit through one more year of 3 to 6 wins, then load up in the draft again and let's go.  A 2-year turnaround is entirely possible in the NFL these days.

I think you also trade Tunsil, if he can bring you back 2-3 picks. Then look to rebuild both lines in FA. Load up on offensive skill players. This team is so bad at RB, WR, and TE.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Shit, even if someone trades with Chicago to take Young, then you pivot to Anderson. There is no need to trade away any picks the next 2 years, because the holes are too numerous not to throw as much young talent at them as possible.

• Hook 'Em 1

Always liked DR59 and hope he kills it for the Texans. He is already beloved in H-town, and if he can lift the franchise out of the hole it is in, the sky's the limit.  The Texans just told the league they intend to change the culture on Kirby.  Would love to see DeMeco get it done!!!

To me this would be ideal. Not because I think these two guys are destined for greatness or anything, but because it is important to have offensive continuity by running a system you can promote internally or go hire replacement coordinators for if your OC gets a job elsewhere. DeMeco will always run the same D so we have continuity there. The zone scheme is a good scheme, but being able to swap coordinators and keep on-field personnel and approach the same is more important. Having long term continuity on both sides of the ball is crucial.

Also, I heard Mark Schlereth say once, when talking about Arian Foster’s success, that zone OL are built a little different by body type and skill set and tend to gravitate towards zone teams, and therefore it’s easier to build a line or continue success with this scheme in the NFL.

• Like 1

Going to this type of offense makes it easier for the QB and the OL. I'd get Anderson for the defense and then build up the offensive skill talent, and sign a veteran QB. Would really like Johnson in the backfield with Pierce. That would likely be the best 1/2 combo the Texans have ever had at RB. If Metchie is healthy need to pair him with a WR at #12. Then take a TE with our 2nd round pick. Skill talent should be getting closer to NFL level after that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Going to this type of offense makes it easier for the QB and the OL. I'd get Anderson for the defense and then build up the offensive skill talent, and sign a veteran QB. Would really like Johnson in the backfield with Pierce. That would likely be the best 1/2 combo the Texans have ever had at RB. If Metchie is healthy need to pair him with a WR at #12. Then take a TE with our 2nd round pick. Skill talent should be getting closer to NFL level after that.

I think the general consensus among the ‘experts’ is that this year’s WR crop is a rung below last year’s. The top 3 guys all seem to be going as high as top-10 and as low as the 20s. We definitely need skill players, will be interesting to see how the ‘consensus’ on this group forms after combine/Pro Days. There’s a solid crop of DBs that should be available around 12 as well…

Was “the real deal” Reggie McNeal unavailable?

The first thing that comes to mind about Jerrod Johnson was when he played some HS all star or playoff game at DKR and he got pissed at the VY, Ricky, and Earl posters and said something “naw dawg y’all gotta take all that down!” then he sucked at QB for the rest of his life. 

• 2 weeks later...