2023 Houston Texans Offseason - A Huge #2

The Earl of Texas

21 hours ago, Hate said:

They are going to move the pocket to help protect him.  His first year, he is likely to make a lot of plays with his legs as they will use play action bootlegs a big part of their offense.  He will have the options options at 2 different levels to throw to or run the ball if nobody is open.  I'd bet he is sacked fewer than 20 times this year.

Yeah, if we stay true to the Shanahan system, there aren’t going to be a lot of old-school 7-step drop, scan the field plays. It’s definitely a QB-friendly system…

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

How do you fuck up a schedule reveal video this bad? The only thing you absolutely have to do is reveal the opponents in order, and they couldn’t even manage that.

I don’t know which video you’re referring to but this one they’ve posted is pretty cool.

24 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

I don’t know which video you’re referring to but this one they’ve posted is pretty cool.

The video itself is.... fine compared to the other teams.  Probably lower half in creativity (They'll never see Paul Wall coming!).  The fact that the flow of the schedule is still a mystery after watching the video makes it absolute garbage.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

How do you fuck up a schedule reveal video this bad? The only thing you absolutely have to do is reveal the opponents in order, and they couldn’t even manage that.

Will give them a little credit for doing something different and grouping the like mascots/team names together instead of just grinding out 17 individual clips of each team they play in exact order. It's a bit weird to be sure (birds shitting on Toros van??) but its fine.

People bitching about lack of prime time games is laughable....Texans have been absolute dog shit. Why do we deserve any prime time games? We have to earn our way back up so let's do that and not bitch about lack of prime time slots for the worst team in the league

• Hook 'Em 3

58 minutes ago, Sleepygrad said:

People bitching about lack of prime time games is laughable....Texans have been absolute dog shit. Why do we deserve any prime time games? We have to earn our way back up so let's do that and not bitch about lack of prime time slots for the worst team in the league

Counterpoint: Denver Broncos

On 5/12/2023 at 5:55 PM, Sleepygrad said:

Is that even possible in the near future?

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

They should inquire, but I bet he goes to Buffalo. At least, the idiots that traded him are gone.

Maybe the return was lacking but the idea of trading him wasn’t terrible. He had 1 good year out of the 3 he was with the Cardinals. Was definitely not worth the money. 

6 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Maybe the return was lacking but the idea of trading him wasn’t terrible. He had 1 good year out of the 3 he was with the Cardinals. Was definitely not worth the money. 

Maybe his QB couldn’t see him.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Yep.  Hop goes to Buffalo or KC.  

Neither of them has any cap space at all, and if Nuk wants to stay in the $18MM range, I don’t see them doing that level of restructuring. I’d bet on Dallas or Atlanta….

1 hour ago, Ignatius said:

Neither of them has any cap space at all, and if Nuk wants to stay in the $18MM range, I don’t see them doing that level of restructuring. I’d bet on Dallas or Atlanta….

I think Hop’s willing to take less for a chance at a ring and that sure as hell ain’t happening with Dallas or Atlanta.

I wouldn't be mad at Nuk in ATL. Should help out Bijan. 

Jesus Arizona. Really circling the shitter after a hosting a playoff game in 2021. And the midget will miss at least 5 games in 2023. And they're paying him $230 million. Say what you want about OU, but their mediocre NFL QB's sure as hell know how to get paid. 

• Like 1

On 5/27/2023 at 12:28 PM, The Earl of Texas said:

Sweet nickname, aggy

I’ll never understand Dallas’s obsession with Houston.

I'm a Galvestonian, Texas alum. But yeah everyone who doesn't like the most aggy NFL franchise is somehow obsessed with them? 

• Fuck You 1

23 hours ago, Zeus said:

I'm a Galvestonian, Texas alum. But yeah everyone who doesn't like the most aggy NFL franchise is somehow obsessed with them? 

Yes, the Galvestonian who posts about and has strong opinions on Dallas’s sports team you hear so much about…

Feel bad for most Stars fans but aggy like you is used to that kind of letdown.