NFL Playoffs

Vic Mackey

Sucks that the Lions missed out but I'll settle for not having to hear about Aaron Rogers for a bit until he starts whining about being in Green Bay again.

Also sucks that we most likely get Eagles-Cowboys so early in the playoffs.    Unless there's still some Brady magic left in the Genie bottle.

Sucks that the Lions missed out but I'll settle for not having to hear about Aaron Rogers for a bit until he starts whining about being in Green Bay again.
Also sucks that we most likely get Eagles-Cowboys so early in the playoffs.    Unless there's still some Brady magic left in the Genie bottle.
I don't see Brady losing to Dallas. Don't let their record fool you. Dallas has a ton of holes on both sides of the ball. Kellen Moore is a dumbass.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
8 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

I don't see Brady losing to Dallas. Don't let their record fool you. Dallas has a ton of holes on both sides of the ball. Kellen Moore is a dumbass.

They have a +125 scoring margin which is pretty damn good. This isn't a smoke and mirrors record like the Vikings.

1 hour ago, Macanudo said:

• Brady has never lost to Cowboys
  • Dallas struggles on the road on grass
  • Last Cowboy playoff win:  Jan 5th, 2019
  • Last Cowboy road playoff win: Jan 17, 1993

https://www.axios.com/local/dallas/2023/01/04/dallas-cowboys-home-playoff-game

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

They have a +125 scoring margin which is pretty damn good. This isn't a smoke and mirrors record like the Vikings.
About half of that came from 2 games, the Vikings and the Colts.

They hit a good stretch in the middle of the season but have tapered off. Record is good, sure but that's about it. Dak is playing the worst ball of his career. Whats the record for pick 6 in a season for a QB? He has to be up there. Even as someone who has defended him in the past, it's getting ridiculous every single game. He's thrown a pick in 8 straight games.

They also don't have any receiver outside of Lamb who scares you. They are still fascinated with the 4 yard TE routes. No real push on the interior of their line..

They might sneak out with a win in Tampa but their next 2 opponents would be Philly and SF on the road. Hurts now gets a few weeks to rest up.

The NFC is pretty easy to prognosticate. The Niners are the best team, the Eagles are right there with them. Doesn't really matter what happens in the other matchups, as that will be the NFC title game.

Lots of popcorn worthy games in the AFC. I am really looking forward to the viewing on that side of the bracket.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

About half of that came from 2 games, the Vikings and the Colts.

They hit a good stretch in the middle of the season but have tapered off. Record is good, sure but that's about it. Dak is playing the worst ball of his career. Whats the record for pick 6 in a season for a QB? He has to be up there. Even as someone who has defended him in the past, it's getting ridiculous every single game. He's thrown a pick in 8 straight games.

They also don't have any receiver outside of Lamb who scares you. They are still fascinated with the 4 yard TE routes. No real push on the interior of their line..

They might sneak out with a win in Tampa but their next 2 opponents would be Philly and SF on the road. Hurts now gets a few weeks to rest up.

Didn’t Schaub from the Texans throw a pick 6 in like 8 straight games or something that one year? It was a record. 

15 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

The NFC is pretty easy to prognosticate. The Niners are the best team, the Eagles are right there with them. Doesn't really matter what happens in the other matchups, as that will be the NFC title game.

Lots of popcorn worthy games in the AFC. I am really looking forward to the viewing on that side of the bracket.

AFC is going to be fun. That’s for sure. I think the Jags can beat the Chargers. that’s my final four: Jags, KC (duh bc bye week), Bengals and Bills. How that pans out from there I have no idea. All of those QBs were first round picks.

NFC: Eagles (duh), SF, Minny and TB. We all know Brady is elite. But none of the QBs likely to appear in the final four were drafted in first found. Brady was a mistake. Purdy is playing great but was last pick in 2022 draft. Cousins was drafted to back up (smartest thing the Comedians ever did) RG3 and the Fecals were flamed for picking up Hurts in the draft a few years ago because Wentz couldn’t be counted on. I would consider Hurts elite and Brady is the GOAT. If Dallas somehow beats TB…Dak is basically Cousins without the creepy factor and attitude. Daniel Jones is not good if Giants sneak by the Minny. 

I think whoever comes out of the AFC will win the SB. That’s jmo.

I really like Dak but the year he got hurt and missed the rest of the season…he was playing his best football. Now with an injury not playing so well. He’s been in the NFL long enough that we’ve seen his ceiling. It’s only good enough if the team is built to win. He can’t do what Lawrence did this year. They need a WR 1. Zeke isn’t really scary. Fat Mike concerns me. The play calling is not elite and Dak is throwing too many picks of elite. The defense has disappeared. They don’t scare anyone. They need to fill more holes in the draft or (gasp) make a FA acquisition or two. Go all in like the Rams did and try to win one. That’s their best shot. Spend a bunch of money and draft capital. Because the bozos in the FO and ownership can’t figure it out otherwise. Not without an elite HC that can truly guide them in future drafts. 

The playoffs should be fun. I’d have liked to see Detroit get in but oh well. They ended their season on the highest of notes and have plenty of draft capital and money to spend. I think they will win their division this fall.

15 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Didn’t Schaub from the Texans throw a pick 6 in like 8 straight games or something that one year? It was a record. 

I don’t know if this was a hoax or not but during that INT run a burger joint near my neighborhood in Houston had this chalkboard special…for Schaub:

36F43FDB-9376-46C3-AEDA-CB77F9842C21.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

Lulz at Brady losing to Dallas. Or in the playoffs at all for that matter. Looking at a final 4 of Bucs/Niners & KC/Buffalo.

He will beat Dallas. But after that? Not sure. He looked pretty meh last year in the playoffs. He did have a big comeback to tie the Rams late but he played terrible up to that point which is why they got down so much.

He's still good but he isn't that same tactician he was just 2 years ago when he might have one of the best runs to win a ring when he beat Brees and Rodgers on the road and then beat Mahomes. Not having Gronk hurt that offense. And all their injuries. They moved the ball up and down the field on Dallas in week 1. They had to settle for 3 too often but they were eating up that Dallas defense. They had wide open WRs on most plays.

2 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Beating the 49ers is going to be a tall order for any team still out there, regardless of when Purdy was drafted, or anything else. 

Agreed. They have the most complete team on both sides of the ball. They don't need a big name flashy QB to win. Just a guy who is efficient and doesn't turn it over is all the ask. And hit crucial 3rd downs. Their defense might be the best in the league and they just beat you up. They probably make the Super Bowl if their safety hangs onto the easy would be pick Stafford handed him in the last 5-6min. They beat the Packers on the road without even scoring an offensive TD. Jimmy G did jack shit that whole playoffs but he isn't asked to. It's why Purdy is succeeding. That system works. Put Purdy here in Dallas and he looks like crap.

4 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

this thing cool. 

https://next.playoffpredictors.com/football/nfl/E597720A-6A59-46FA-B175-23879B5792A5/official

if i was puttin some dough on it

image.png.136d4734683498faff4a0b82f6a9ca38.png

image.png.16020fc50493be26f70c8704193ca7c6.png

image.png.feaea72ce757a6dc74c7d0e3fd7b8119.png

image.png.cae5a8a9ffe30228faba9426ef442bad.png

I did mine.

KC/Buffalo the AFC championship matchup and Phi/SF the NFC championship. Rematch of KC/SF a few years ago with the same result of KC winning.

I can't foresee any other combination of Buff/Cinc/KC in the AFC Championship and don't see anything other than SF/Phi in the NFC. Just don't really see any dangerous wild card teams to make a big push.

The neutral site throws a wrench into the AFC side, though. Have they said where that game will be played if if gets to that? I'd imagine indoors but that sucks because both teams are outdoor teams and any weather elements are immediately done away with. But I guess we wouldn't see weather hinder any of the offenses, though.

Let's be real though, aside from the Seahawks, they also have the easiest opponent.
Dolphins without Tua is like Georgia playing TCU. Buffalo gets the bye week they wanted. Dolphins are starting Skylar Thompson. They are easily the worst team in the playoffs.

I think Seattle is 2nd worst. Geno Smith has reverted back to what he has been his whole career. Inconsistent. SF should crush them at home.

• Haha 1

Wasn't this a PCL injury? This will be interesting. This is Lamar's contract season and he doesn't have a deal yet. This is the injury that ruined Gurley. Lamar relies on his legs to be effective. Eventually he will need to figure out how shy away from that. Does Lamar sit out to benefit himself for next season?

7dd0500f9473a20fedd89bebda80057c.jpg

7 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Dolphins without Tua is like Georgia playing TCU. Buffalo gets the bye week they wanted. Dolphins are starting Skylar Thompson. They are easily the worst team in the playoffs.

I think Seattle is 2nd worst. Geno Smith has reverted back to what he has been his whole career. Inconsistent. SF should crush them at home.

It’s a shame Detroit couldn’t make it. Best team not in playoffs imo. Certainly better than Seahawks. Ravens without Lamar or a healthy Lamar are one and done. Bengals are too good. Miami is not good without Tua. I don’t think teams are going to want him to play with all the concussion stuff.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

It’s a shame Detroit couldn’t make it. Best team not in playoffs imo. Certainly better than Seahawks. Ravens without Lamar or a healthy Lamar are one and done. Bengals are too good. Miami is not good without Tua. I don’t think teams are going to want him to play with all the concussion stuff.

Agreed. Detroit would also lose to SF on the road but would be much more interesting than Seattle and would be great experience for that young team with a new coach.

Wild card matchups are lackluster. Nothing that is must watch. Cincy playing a hobbled Lamar or Lamar less team should be an easy win. Buffalo vs Miami with or without Tua would be a blowout. 

The most interesting matchups in terms of outcomes that are most unknown is LAC/Jax and NY/Minn. Throw in Dallas/TB. 

Divisional round is when it will kick into higher gear, especially in the AFC.,

• Hook 'Em 2

I expect the Jags to advance over the Chargers. I really like Pederson and he got a raw deal with the Wentz shit in Philly. They will be the division leaders this fall. 

NY v Minn. flip a coin. Minn could win with a last minute score or lose by ten or more points. Of the two Minny is more interesting going forward but the Giants have a better coach. Imagine what they could have done with a better QB. 

Prior to last year I had Dak above Cousins a few places. Not anymore. Most of that has to do with availability. Dak is dinged up and his hand is dinged up. Also, Minny has better weapons and play calling. Cousins isn’t someone I want in my foxhole but the team is better. It’s probably not fair but we’ve seen Cousins’ ceiling and most likely we have seen Dak’s ceiling. Minny finds ways to win. So I have Minny advancing. There is no excuse for Dallas not to advance. This is probably the worst team Brady has ever been on…and yet it’s still a toss up. 

Given how big of a deal an extra days rest is in the NFL along with how far teams are traveling it seems absurd that they would have games span 3 days. If the Cowboys win (a man can dream) they'll either get to take on Philly (already on a bye) or travel to SF who would have played Saturday & have 2 days extra rest plus no travel while the Cowboys travel coast to coast. Just throw them in the Saturday Divisional Round game on top of it for good measure. 

Also, it's past time for division winners with losing records to lose their home games. That's always been dumb.

51 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Agreed. Detroit would also lose to SF on the road but would be much more interesting than Seattle and would be great experience for that young team with a new coach.

Wild card matchups are lackluster. Nothing that is must watch. Cincy playing a hobbled Lamar or Lamar less team should be an easy win. Buffalo vs Miami with or without Tua would be a blowout. 

The most interesting matchups in terms of outcomes that are most unknown is LAC/Jax and NY/Minn. Throw in Dallas/TB. 

Divisional round is when it will kick into higher gear, especially in the AFC.,

I think you guys are wrong. Detroit would just be happy to be there, and i think they would get beaten badly. Carolina ran all over them just 2 weeks ago, and we know the Niners can scheme the run. Seattle has played San Fran twice this year so they have experience with them. And i just never assume anything when it comes to games between two division rivals. Also SF won both matchups this year, and there's the whole thing where it's really hard to beat a team 3 times in a season. I guarantee if they had the choice, SF would rather play against the Lions this weekend.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Prior to last year I had Dak above Cousins a few places. Not anymore. Most of that has to do with availability. Dak is dinged up and his hand is dinged up. Also, Minny has better weapons and play calling. Cousins isn’t someone I want in my foxhole but the team is better. It’s probably not fair but we’ve seen Cousins’ ceiling and most likely we have seen Dak’s ceiling. Minny finds ways to win. So I have Minny advancing. There is no excuse for Dallas not to advance. This is probably the worst team Brady has ever been on…and yet it’s still a toss up. 
Dallas went into Minnesota and won 40-3. I'll put Dallas ahead of Minnesota.

I think you guys are wrong. Detroit would just be happy to be there, and i think they would get beaten badly. Carolina ran all over them just 2 weeks ago, and we know the Niners can scheme the run. Seattle has played San Fran twice this year so they have experience with them. And i just never assume anything when it comes to games between two division rivals. Also SF won both matchups this year, and there's the whole thing where it's really hard to beat a team 3 times in a season. I guarantee if they had the choice, SF would rather play against the Lions this weekend.
Seattle is also happy to be there. They started 7-3 and needed GB to lose to get in. Not to mention, the refs making terrible calls and no calls to benefit Seattle against the Rams. If you are better than the other team, especially at home, you should win. The previous 2 matchups don't matter much. I'd never pick the team who lost twice just because they claim it's hard to beat a team 3 times in one year.

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

DAK's decision-making is dinged up too.  It's his worst injury right now -- Cowboys, what a fucked organization.

Lutz 😋

8 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Seattle is also happy to be there. They started 7-3 and needed GB to lose to get in. Not to mention, the refs making terrible calls and no calls to benefit Seattle against the Rams. If you are better than the other team, especially at home, you should win. The previous 2 matchups don't matter much. I'd never pick the team who lost twice just because they claim it's hard to beat a team 3 times in one year.

All the Lions had to do was beat a bad Carolina team and they'd likely be in. They couldn't even do that. And i'm not saying Seattle will win, but they will be more familiar with San Fran and having it be a division game alone makes it better.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:
1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Dallas went into Minnesota and won 40-3. I'll put Dallas ahead of Minnesota.

The way the two teams are playing now who knows. That’s the issue I feel like when you don’t have an elite QB. Even when the play calling is pretty good, you have a great team and you’re not injured (Cousins) you can still get beat. The Dallas D has nearly disappeared the last couple of weeks. Dak is dinged up and makes still head scratching decisions. The play calling is vanilla and the weapons aren’t scary. It’s not all Dak’s fault but better QBs than Cousins and Dak could elevate their teams. And I have always liked Dak and I take up for him quite a bit. But the ceiling is known. I don’t like there is a Monday game for Dallas and TB or a 17th week. The NFL needs to be raked over the proverbial coals for this shit. Player safety should be paramount as the League isn’t hurting for dollars. Throw in a waste of a Thursday night on Amazon. It pisses me off.

Edited by Nicole44

1 hour ago, Pokoloco said:

I like my Giants spot and think we'll get past Minn.   We're a few years away, but Daboll has this team believing.

Viva Los Gigantes!

Most exciting game of the weekend imo. The G men always seem to hang around and you never know which Vikings team will show up. Certainly think the Giants cover if not win. 

• Like 1

I had the Bengals advancing regardless. They have too many weapons. I think they will be in the AFC Championship. With all that the Bills have been through it feels like their year BUT I think KC and Cincy are the more complete teams. Who knows? But it would be weird if any of those three teams aren’t repping the AFC in the SB. 

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Why the hell would the Sunday night game be the Ravens/Bengals game. That's stupid. And it sucks that Buck/Troy are going to haunt yet another Cowboys playoff game.

If Cowboys don’t win Troy will rip them. In a way, it’s cathartic for me. Hearing Troy bitch about the Cowboys…I know it greatly upsets the Jones clan. This pleases me.

• Hook 'Em 1