NFL Playoffs

Vic Mackey

I haven’t ever heard Troy deliver anything but valid criticism on the Cowboys. He knows what’s up.

I’m likely watching this game with the Mannings. I’ll enjoy their repartee as they make the 34-16 slaughter of the Boys another humorous situation for us. Can’t wait for Payton’s criticism of Dak’s decision making and hooting at his second pick 6.

• Haha 1

Lamar is being a contract bitch. It’s one thing to hold out preseason games, quite another to quit on your team in week 18 and the playoffs. All insiders have been saying if they offered him a Mahomes extension he’d be playing. He said there’s “inflammation around my knee”, lol that is called pain associated with playing contact sports. Everyone has inflamed joints, muscles, and tendons by season’s end. The “my knee is unstable”….if he actually stretched a knee ligament, did he think this was going to correct itself in a week or two? I guess he did since he was day to day and just decided to quit. Hopefully the Ravens franchise tag his ass and start making alternate plans for 2024. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Lamar is being a contract bitch. It’s one thing to hold out preseason games, quite another to quit on your team in week 18 and the playoffs. All insiders have been saying if they offered him a Mahomes extension he’d be playing. He said there’s “inflammation around my knee”, lol that is called pain associated with playing contact sports. Everyone has inflamed joints, muscles, and tendons by season’s end. The “my knee is unstable”….if he actually stretched a knee ligament, did he think this was going to correct itself in a week or two? I guess he did since he was day to day and just decided to quit. Hopefully the Ravens franchise tag his ass and start making alternate plans for 2024. 

who cares seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

If Cowboys don’t win Troy will rip them. In a way, it’s cathartic for me. Hearing Troy bitch about the Cowboys…I know it greatly upsets the Jones clan. This pleases me.

I actually like Troy and Buck. I've named a pet after Troy. But so many bad Cowboys playoff memories have involved them at this point.

• Hook 'Em 1

I wonder if Ravens stick with Lamar. They don’t seem too happy with him (reading the tea leaves and watching Harbaugh’s pressers.) he really should get a real agent. He’s not getting a Mahomes-like extension. He hasn’t won shit. Probably better to send him to the Raiders and the Ravens roll with Carr…it just seems like the Ravens brass is frustrated with Lamar. Change of scenery is the best thing. 

Bengals should win this one! 

F that.  If I was Lamar I wouldn't play either.  If he gets hurt.  He gets no contract.  The Ravens could have signed him anytime.  They could have given him an extension anytime.  He gets healthy and they don't agree to a contract.  Ravens franchise him and still little risk on their part.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

People with an axe to grind will do so. A Grade II ligament strain that is close to III is a tear, not just a stretch of the ligament. Unless one believes he is just flat out lying. That's not a day to day injury. And part of the reason why Harbaugh is catching heat right now

3 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

F that.  If I was Lamar I wouldn't play either.  If he gets hurt.  He gets no contract.  The Ravens could have signed him anytime.  They could have given him an extension anytime.  He gets healthy and they don't agree to a contract.  Ravens franchise him and still little risk on their part.  

There is a contract on the table. The sticking point was the guaranteed portion of it. Watson's deal really screwed other teams more than one way.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On Sunday, FOX's Jay Glazer offered the latest update on the negotiations before the Ravens opened their season against the New York Jets, when reports broke that Jackson turned down a $250 million extension with $133 million guaranteed.

"Lamar Jackson and the team both mutually agreed to put talks off until after the season. The reason why is because Lamar Jackson is acting as his own agent here. So, for all the hours this season that Lamar Jackson the agent was going to be upstairs trying to negotiate a deal for himself, that takes away from the time that Lamar Jackson can spend preparing for each week's game plan.

"The team did offer him higher guarantees than Kyler Murray got, than Russell Wilson just got — but, he wanted a fully-guaranteed contract just like Deshaun Watson got, and the Baltimore Ravens were just not willing to do that. If they can't get a deal done after the season, then they plan to use the franchise tag."

Can't blame Baltimore if this is true. The Watson contract is stupid. And Watson is a better QB, IMO.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

On Sunday, FOX's Jay Glazer offered the latest update on the negotiations before the Ravens opened their season against the New York Jets, when reports broke that Jackson turned down a $250 million extension with $133 million guaranteed.

"Lamar Jackson and the team both mutually agreed to put talks off until after the season. The reason why is because Lamar Jackson is acting as his own agent here. So, for all the hours this season that Lamar Jackson the agent was going to be upstairs trying to negotiate a deal for himself, that takes away from the time that Lamar Jackson can spend preparing for each week's game plan.

"The team did offer him higher guarantees than Kyler Murray got, than Russell Wilson just got — but, he wanted a fully-guaranteed contract just like Deshaun Watson got, and the Baltimore Ravens were just not willing to do that. If they can't get a deal done after the season, then they plan to use the franchise tag."

Can't blame Baltimore if this is true. The Watson contract is stupid. And Watson is a better QB, IMO.

The guarantees for Murray and Wilson are actually higher than that. So info must be a little old there. From the Watson vs. Jackson perspective, only one of them has been an MVP of the league. No agent worth their salt would give up that data point when arguing about the value of their client. If you can't guarantee the whole contract (and clearly the Browns are the only team crazy enough to have done it), then you massage it in other ways. Mahomes' contact isn't fully guaranteed either, but it's for a whole lot more money (and in 5 years, the Chiefs will look like they got a deal on it).

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

If Cowboys don’t win Troy will rip them. In a way, it’s cathartic for me. Hearing Troy bitch about the Cowboys…I know it greatly upsets the Jones clan. This pleases me.

Yeah, he calls it like it is.

And on the subject of the Cowboys, this Monday will be the 30th anniversary of their last playoff win on the road. 

7 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Yeah, he calls it like it is.

And on the subject of the Cowboys, this Monday will be the 30th anniversary of their last playoff win on the road. 

honestly, it really is a testament to how good of a businessman Jerry Jones is that this is still the most valuable and profitable franchise in the league

• Like 1

I had the Bengals advancing regardless. They have too many weapons. I think they will be in the AFC Championship. With all that the Bills have been through it feels like their year BUT I think KC and Cincy are the more complete teams. Who knows? But it would be weird if any of those three teams aren’t repping the AFC in the SB. 
If the Bills couldn't kick that door down with Kelly, Thomas, Smith, Talley, Reed, Lofton, etc., in 4 straight tries..they are never getting there.

Scott Norwood fucked them for life.

57 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

Off-season gonna be interesting for Ravens and Lamar Jackson.  IMO, if they can franchise tag combined with getting a trade worked out, the Ravens should take it.

34 minutes ago, George said:

Are teams reseeded after the first round to determine home games or will the division winners get preference, regardless of record, in the next round?

Division winners are home for sure. There could be re-seeding among 5-7 if there are any upsets, but this weekend's winners are all going on the road at least for Jan. 21-22.

Are teams reseeded after the first round to determine home games or will the division winners get preference, regardless of record, in the next round?

They really need to do away with divisional winners having preference for a home game over teams with better records.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:

Bruh. The fins? 

i think the bills are going to feel like they are a team of destiny and after their last game their fans are going to think they are on a mission from god

the nfl is a cruel mistress

the fish are more overdue than the boys

last fish tournament win was in 2000

wildcard losses:

the longest playoff win drought in the league is detroit at 31 years

the fish are 2nd at 22 years

3rd at 20: raiders

They really need to do away with divisional winners having preference for a home game over teams with better records.
Then you might as well get rid of divisions as they would mean nothing. Divisions go in cycles as to which ones are good and which ones suck. Just a few years ago, Washington got in from the East with a losing record. This year, Dallas is a 5 seed with 12 wins. Some are in each category more than not. But the goal of every team to start the season is to win the division. Guarantees you a top 4 seed and at least one home playoff game. Then go from there with jockeying for position.

What i hate is the extra wild card team and only one of the top 2 seeds getting the bye. The old setup was great of 6 teams each. But money talks and they want the extra 2 games for wild card weekend. And we now have MNF playoff games. Silly shit
  • Hook 'Em 2

i think the bills are going to feel like they are a team of destiny and after their last game their fans are going to think they are on a mission from god
the nfl is a cruel mistress
the fish are more overdue than the boys
last fish tournament win was in 2000
wildcard losses:
the longest playoff win drought in the league is detroit at 31 years
the fish are 2nd at 22 years
3rd at 20: raiders

The Dolphins had an outside puncher's chance if Tua was healthy and that's being generous. They can score from anywhere on the field with their speed weapons. But with Skylar Thompson? Yeah that's going to a brutal game. Those weapons now mean zero with him throwing the ball. Bills should have their way on offense and Miami can't keep up. They just had a no TD game with a last second FG against the Jets to even get in.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Then you might as well get rid of divisions as they would mean nothing. Divisions go in cycles as to which ones are good and which ones suck. Just a few years ago, Washington got in from the East with a losing record. This year, Dallas is a 5 seed with 12 wins. Some are in each category more than not. But the goal of every team to start the season is to win the division. Guarantees you a top 4 seed and at least one home playoff game. Then go from there with jockeying for position.

What i hate is the extra wild card team and only one of the top 2 seeds getting the bye. The old setup was great of 6 teams each. But money talks and they want the extra 2 games for wild card weekend. And we now have MNF playoff games. Silly shit

Yea getting rid of that is dumb but comes up every year when a shitty division winner host a better record team. 

God damn Lamar and Ravens need to figure this shit out, what a waste of a fucking season

Edited by Zepol87
  • Like 1

Also, why is the NFL only catering to the Bills in regards to home field? They scrapped the rules in place for cancelled games and pretty much have Buffalo a defacto 1 seed and they are guaranteed to have no road playoff games. Why isn't Cincinnati getting the same treatment? They got the opposite. They would have had to flip a coin to determine home field if then and Baltimore were tied.

Why not have the Bills vs Bengals be a neutral field like Bills and Chiefs if that game happens?

I feel Cincinnati got absolutely no benefit from the canceled game. They could have secured a 2 seed if they beat Buffalo. They were also beating Buffalo 7-3 and driving for another score. They could have told Buffalo to go fuck themselves and either you make the game up or forfeit. But they didn't. And now they paid for it because the NFL got too caught up in the moment and wanted to bend over for Buffalo for the PR.

I hope Cincinnati sticks it to the league and beats them in the divisional round so we don't have to see some lame ass AFC championship in Atlanta.

• Hook 'Em 4

14 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Fuck them, if they don't want to pay him, release him.

4 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

The Dolphins had an outside puncher's chance if Tua was healthy and that's being generous. They can score from anywhere on the field with their speed weapons. But with Skylar Thompson? Yeah that's going to a brutal game. Those weapons now mean zero with him throwing the ball. Bills should have their way on offense and Miami can't keep up. They just had a no TD game with a last second FG against the Jets to even get in.

Agreed.  Skylar Thompson ain’t winning a playoff game.  Watched a bunch of that Jets game and it was absolutely brutal.  

6 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Fuck them, if they don't want to pay him, release him.

No the Ravens are playing this smart.  Lamar is completely overvaluing himself.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

I’ll take the opposite position. No one is saying a division winner with a losing record loses their playoff spot, just that they go into the seeding with with the wild cards and lose a home field game. Lose the division and you’re out of the playoffs.

I like the 7 team playoff and a single bye. I think the top teams having to strive for a single bye adds to the season vs 2 byes. And that 7th spot keeps more teams in the hunt, along with the 17th game..
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

I’ll take the opposite position. No one is saying a division winner with a losing record loses their playoff spot, just that they go into the seeding with with the wild cards and lose a home field game. Lose the division and you’re out of the playoffs.

I like the 7 team playoff and a single bye. I think the top teams having to strive for a single bye adds to the season vs 2 byes. And that 7th spot keeps more teams in the hunt, along with the 17th game..

Keeping more teams in the hunt isn't a good thing, though. It gets watered down at some point. With that extra team, we get to see Seattle and Miami in the playoffs. Yay? Adding an extra game to an already brutal, physical schedule is equally as dumb. It's only about the money, not the quality of the sport.

Don't worry, the NFL will be adding an 8th team in the next decade and then no one will be having a bye. It might be the top 2 teams in each division instead of 4 winners plus 4 wild cards. Who knows. Hell, I'm sure they will also think about putting an 18th game on the schedule at the same time. Look at how many teams are battling injuries. Having your sport just be a marathon of attrition isn't the best thing to sell. I'd rather see fresher, healthier teams going into the most exiting part of the year. Football is a brutal sport. Adding games is never the answer. Makes the product worse over the long haul. Look up and down the injury report for this weekend. It's long. Key QBs are hurt and making their teams have next to zero shot.

16 games and 6 teams per conference was perfect and the right amount. It's becoming NBA with how many teams per conference are getting in and many times the opening round is so watered down. 

3 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Huh? They offered him $250 million and a very good guarantee. He hasn’t won shit and gets hurt too much. They can franchise him the next three years if they want. They should trade him.

But isn't that what Lamar Jackson's camp is saying too?  He gets hurt a lot so I need more guaranteed money.  Because at the end of the day the 250 doesn't mean shit.  It's just a nice number.  The guarantee is what matters.  I'm not saying the Ravens are wrong.  But both sides are making business decisions to ensure their long term future.

But isn't that what Lamar Jackson's camp is saying too?  He gets hurt a lot so I need more guaranteed money.  Because at the end of the day the 250 doesn't mean shit.  It's just a nice number.  The guarantee is what matters.  I'm not saying the Ravens are wrong.  But both sides are making business decisions to ensure their long term future.

The Lamar camp is Lamar. He’s his own agent. So the Ravens offered $133 mil guaranteed which is more than Wilson and Kyler got. It’s generational wealth. Teams are not going to budge on a fully guaranteed contract with a guy that can’t stay healthy and likely won’t see the end of it. He is going to be RG3. I am surprised the idiot Haslams haven’t been dropped in the middle is Lake Erie for that Watson contract.

Ravens are better off franchising him for a bit and seeking other options.

fanfic end-state of the nfl by mid-century: 9 playoff teams with the #1 getting a bye, an 18th game and 6-team divisions after the expansion in to 8 markets currently without a team:

c7 toronto

c15 montreal

17 san diego (either return of the chargers or a new franchise)

21 st. louis (should be the cardinals brand, and re-brand phoenix)

23 orlando

24 san antonio and 28 austin (should be the texans brand, stadium should be built in zorn, halfway between 35 and 130, halfway between both downtowns); then re-brand houston (as the oilers)

c24 vancouver

25 portland

26 sacramento

32 columbus

41 raleigh

c41 calgary

42 okc

43 memphis

c43 edmonton

44 richmond

45 louisville

46 salt lake

++++

i think you take 3 or 5 or 0 canadian teams; otherwise it's 8 of the us markets based on geofit