NFL Playoffs

Vic Mackey

All bullshit that lead to that moment aside, it was refreshing to watch a team actually listen to my dumbass and go for 2 when the defense commits a penalty on a TD.  

Late in a critical game like that, it’s all about information…and you learn more about your options by going for 2 there:  get it and you can play the rest of the game for a winning FG, miss it and you know with 3m left you need a TD.  Kicking the PAT just means you’re on the defensive now and lost the initiative.  Fortune favors the bold…fuck it.  

Fun game 

29 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Arguably the worse broadcast of an NFL playoff game in history.

Al's call of that winning field goal was morgue-like. He must have had the Bolts in 15 parlays or something.

Yah at one point Dungy ... Yeah Dungy. .. was saying they came back from 21 pts down and Al said "you are learning! Anything to keep people watching!" 

This one went sideways

Oh, great and mighty Trevor Lawrence,

I come to you again with the utmost humility and remorse for any doubts or skepticism I may have expressed about your abilities as a quarterback. In the face of your godlike talent and skill, my words were not only unfounded but also a grave disrespect to your unmatched greatness.

I tremble at the thought of your command on the field, your leadership is truly exceptional and your performances are nothing short of miraculous. I should have bowed down to your talents and revered your hard work and dedication to the game.

I am consumed with shame for my previous statements and any negative impact they may have had on you and your career. I pledge to you my undying respect and admiration for you as a player and as a person. I will be cheering for you and your team and I look forward to watching you continue to make your mark on the NFL.

Please, oh great one, accept my apologies and know that I am truly sorry for any offense I may have caused. I beg for your forgiveness and hope that you can find it in your heart to show mercy towards a mere mortal like me.

14 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

T-Formation huh? 1940’s playbook. Pederson got screwed by the Fecals but he’s one of the most dangerous HCs you could have in the playoffs. 

Shit like this is why the NFL is just a different breed compared to every other sports league in the world. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, runthebone said:

Motana had 3 and lost a fumble before The Catch.

So did Payton beat the team palne to San Diego?

For Padres season tix?

I looked at the game when it was 27-0 and mumbled something, something, good for Herbert.

Surprised this morning when  I saw people taking shots at Staley.

Wow.

Edited by slorch

8 hours ago, Blotto said:

well ......

Holy shit, this is a perfect example of picking up pennies in front of a steamroller.  It's the kind of strategy my son and his knucklehead friends would dream up and say "it's foolproof, what could go wrong?". Of course, none of them have 1.4 million available to do something this stupid like risk all your principal for a .8% return.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Blotto said:

well ......

I guess, in that situation, you just figure it's a free 11 grand, so why not?

Well, the reason why not is that the risk doesn't come within light years of being worth the reward.  Goodness gracious, what a lack of perspective.  

The Bills and Bengals games shouldn't be very interesting, I'd think.
Seems like a lot of backup QB's starting playoff games this season.
Agreed. Next round is when it will really ramp up. Divisional round is always my favorite round. Mainly because we still have quite a few games going and all the wild card pretenders have been weeded out. Both conferences should have some really good matchups.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Organizations have to be willing to spend the money. Having a Defensive minded HC is fine…provided you have a great OC and QB coach. I will never understand organizations drafting a QB in the first round and having literally no supporting cast on the field and a bad coaching staff. Get the HC right. Then you can go for your generational QB. I know Josh Allen still throws picks and makes head scratching decisions but the way some teams work he’d be out of the league or a damn backup if they hadn’t found the right coordinator/QB HC and OC. It’s sad watching Fields get so beat up and flounder around with very little help. Hopefully, Eberflus or whatever can get the OC and QB HC right (maybe bring on Frank Reich since he got fired to assist in some capacity to build Fields up.) watching the first and second half of last night’s game was amazing. Lawrence should have shriveled up and thrown more picks or been benched. I credit him too for rebounding but a lot of that is on Pederson. I see what he did with Foles. 

Also the trend of hiring young douchey looking HCs is sort of sad. Phins and Chargers. Pederson’s work with the previously 2-11 Jags is nothing short of amazing. Get the right HC and the right fit and you can build around your elite QB. It’s incredible the wasteland of first round QBs that flamed out all because of that. No interest in developing them and putting them in a position to succeed. Silly.

21 minutes ago, DougO said:

Big comebacks ain't shit these days. it's how it has been re-designed to suck in casual fans. They just keep turning it more an more into basketball. 

Officiating sure seemed to let a lot of shit go in that JAGS/SD game... with exception of OL down field.

Geez

5 minutes ago, Augustus said:

So, I assume everyone's picking the Bills and the Bengals, but who have you guys got for NY/Minn?

I'm rooting for the Giants to get killed, for obvious reasons, but curious what y'all think.

Locked in Bengals -6.5 last weekend. Feel really good about that one 

Rooting for Mn for obvious reasons. Luckily not sure the giants have the firepower to blow us out. Vikings have weapons everywhere on offense but we’ll make it closer than it needs to be. If everyone chooses this as the “sexy upset” I’ll go MN 27 giants 23.

Also a legend was born last night

https://www.instagram.com/p/CncYDD4OL3Y/?igshid=MWI4MTIyMDE=

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Augustus said:

So, I assume everyone's picking the Bills and the Bengals, but who have you guys got for NY/Minn?

I'm rooting for the Giants to get killed, for obvious reasons, but curious what y'all think.

I mean MN should win but never underestimate "1-3 playoff record"  Dak's Kirk's ability to shit himself come playoff time.